SORIN TO MILAN IN NEW YEAR

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan are believed to be considering a January bid for Lazio’s unsettled stopper Juan Pablo Sorin.

The Rossoneri do have a problem in the left-back position after Coach Carlo Ancelotti decided to move Paolo Maldini into the centre alongside Alessandro Nesta.

That has forced Georgian international Kakha Kaladze (pictured) to adapt to the full-back role where he hasn’t totally convinced this term.

Now reports suggest that the San Siro side could look to resolve the problem by acquiring the former Juventus player.

The Argentine international only arrived at the capital club this summer but has failed to prove himself to boss Roberto Mancini.

That factor, plus Lazio’s financial problems in keeping up with their transfer payments to Cruzeiro, could see the Biancocelesti release the player in the New Year.

But Sorin is not the only man being linked with the Rossoneri on Thursday. Reports suggest that the club have also contacted Chievo over midfielder Simone Perrotta.

The newly capped Italian international is also of interest to Roma and Parma, even if Milan are willing to buy the star and allow him to remain at the Bentegodi until the end of the season.

Roma and Parma on the other hand would want the central midfielder immediately.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
that sounds interesting considering the club has stated that milan would not do any transaction in the near future (jan transfer)...
it only means that ancelotti or may be galliani wants to make more option for the left-back spot... i dont see any problem with kaladze, he's doing fine in there but may be he (like others) needs to be rotated too... well i guess that's a logical reason behind that... again, about kaladze form, no problem of he's fitting in the left-back position...

Reaction score
Sorin.. love watching him moves forward. sometimes he spends most his time upfront rather than his own half. :D

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yeah we could need someone like sorin....

but please state your source when posting transfer rumours...

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This would be a good move for me as Kakkha is not a natural left-sided player. Also what happens when he is suspended or injured? He cant play every game. Do we risk moving Maldini to the left and disrupting the system? I say Bring him to Milanello :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Sorin would be a valuable asset to the rotation involving Kakha and Dario. Those 3 right there will be good enough to do very well in all competitions.....I think that would be a good signing.

swedishmilanista

Primavera
Reaction score
I think Sorin will be so good when he and Kala or Simic can play and we have some person to run on the sides since this will make the other temas defense go to mark him and Rui can make his beautiful passing to sheva and pippo.

Is this only rumor or is it really serious offer for Sorin? Every player who is good in the world people say Milan wants him but we don't even make offers for them so I hope this is not only like a dream for fans and the bosses from Milan really want to sign him.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i heard that Laursen ready to quit milan in New year. he might be used to get sorin or stam from lazio. milan could give some money and plus laursen. do u guys know anything about this......

Reaction score
No doubt of his attacking talents but defensively he's a suspect. Considering Milan's attacking policy, he will have problem fitting into the defense department. But he will prove useful i'm sure.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think Sorin is the perfect fit for our team. What we need is a wingback to take the pressure off the Midfielders and open some space. Sorin on the left wing would be the perfect solution.

Does anybody think Kala would be able to play the right back position? Then we would have a very powerful combo that can both tackle and run up front and this would make serious problems for the opposing defenses.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I've been travelling for work the past two weeks and have sort of lost touch with the January transfer stories. Does anybody know the fate of Sorin and Stam? Does Milan have any interest in acquiring them?

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
ads216 said:
I've been travelling for work the past two weeks and have sort of lost touch with the January transfer stories. Does anybody know the fate of Sorin and Stam? Does Milan have any interest in acquiring them?

Some credited newspapers claims Stam is already ours (I do hope he isn't - I don't like him, but I could be wrong...), but every fixed settlement will be done in June and not during winter market.

As to Sorin... no idea... no rumors durint this two weeks.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ads216 said:

Sorin's leaving Lazio for sure. He said that he receive a 11 month paychek instead of 12, and he's refusing to sign the peace agreement...

The rumours tend to be with Barça & Benfica in the recent weeks. Haven't read 'Sorin to Milan' articles recently...

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nooooo! Kakha's too good to be replaced! He's done amazing this season, I don't know where they get that he hasn't been producing... :conf:

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
01/27/2003. Lazio coach Roberto Mancini said after yesterday's shock defeat to Reggina that Juan Pablo Sorin's time at the club is almost up.

"I think that his Biancocelesti experience is over," said Mancio.

The Argentine didn't even make the bench for the game after failing to stop legal action against the club for unpaid wages.

He has asked for the Italian Football Federation to terminate his contract, meaning he would be a free agent.
SA Italy

what more could we ask of??? we could get him for free, and he is what you call "a coach's dream" he can play on almost every position :tongue: ..now THAT'S what i call an insurance!! :D

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Juan Pablo Sorin has been sent on loan to Barça for the rest of the season. :cry: Too bad because I was kinda hoping that we would get him so that we could have two excellent wing backs in Sorin and Kala... oh well, such are the breaks and from now on we'll have to manage with what we have. :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: