Grella and/or Makelele??

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
both from soccerage

Empoli star Vincenzo Grella says that Milan are paying close attention to his performances.

"From now until April they are basically watching me 24 hours a day," he said.

"I had a great game against them which helped everything."

Juventus are also chasing the Australian.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to reports, Milan are set to make a bid for Real Madrid midfielder Claude Makelele.

Acting Rossoneri president Adriano Galliani has already approached the Spanish club, according to Marca.

The Frenchman is unhappy with what he is currently being paid by the European Cup winners, although is negotiating a new contract.

He has previously been linked with Inter.

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
his name is Vincenzo Grella and he is Australian??? his name sounds kind of Italian...

About Makelele, i personally like him but he IS a midfielder and i think we have plenty of them in our squad...!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Ozmosis said:
his name is Vincenzo Grella and he is Australian??? his name sounds kind of Italian...

hehehehhehe.......Oz (Straylya) is filled many European immigrants......I found it funny at the World cup when Cristian Vieri gave an interview in english......

Bobo: "Ya sure mate, we played a good brand of futbol outta there t'day"

I see plenty Italian interviews with him, but never in english!!!!!!!!!! He sounds just like an Oz cricket player!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Anyway........Makelèlè........hmmmm........well, he might be a good fit where Pirlo plays now. I think it will dpend on whether or not we are ready to cash in on Rui Costa yet. If Rui leaves, you essentially have Pirlo moving into his spot, rotating with Rivaldo. Redondo looks like a player that is 31 years old and coming off 3 knee operations (yeah people, that bad really)......so a defensive mid might be what the doctor ordered, and it should be known that Makelèlè is a good player. He is getting up there in years, but none the less a good player who could probably prove to be useful.

As for Grella....I really had to think long and hard if I rememberd seeing this guy for Empoli.....and I really came up with nothing conclusive......so, I suggest we keep an eye for him when we play Empoli this last time coming soon........btw, speaking of Empoli Marco Borriello scored for the Azzurrini vs England the other day!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BRAVO MARCO!!!!!!!!!!!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Well if we win it all I am sure Rui is outta here to go back to Portugal so Makelèlè would be a great welcome to replace him in a midfield role. I agree Pirlo definatly needs to move back up to the front of the midfield and I like Gattuso as a DM over anyone - after him Ambro, then Brocchi. I think we still need another winger.

And I havn't seen the other guy play.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Grella is quite good but not quite a Milan-standard player. If he comes here he will only get a few sub appearances then be shipped off on loan or sold like Tomasson is about to be :D

Makeleleleleeee.. is quite a prospect, i say BUY! then we can sell Costa (who is getting on in age) for $$$ and move Pirlo up like y''all said, put Mak where Pirlo is now etc.. and weve got a great team..

All else we need is Puyol.. :o

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we dont need makelele. coz we have to many defensive players like redondo, ambro, gattuso. and pirlo can play too. no need to spead money on him. he is short and weak. u have to be tall to play in italy i think. and who is grella. i never heard of him.

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yeah lets buy em both. I dunno i think Grella could become pretty good he's only young but it would be slack if he did become another tomasson. But i think the mak would be a good signing as well, could he be used in a less defensive role then?

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
lol i heard vieri's interview
he sounded like the biggest aussie!
but yeah there are many italians in australia
i hope we get grella, ive been watching him since he was bout 17 playin for Carlton in NSL and i liked him along with colosimo and bresciano and archie thompson. shame colosimo and thompson havent made it big yet coz they had talent. we shood buy him and loan him to empoli until redondo retires

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
IMO we don't need either of them! Juninho Paulista is correct to say that Grella is not quite Milan standard and Makelele is too old. And stocking up on players on the downside of their careers will only make us like AS Roma in a couple of years.

And yeah, I've heard Vieri interview in English a few times and he once said that when he was a lad in Oz, his main sport was Cricket and his idol was Alan Border the former skipper of the Aussie cricket team. And he wanted to play Cricket for Australia and not Soccer. Too bad he didn't stick to that...!!!!!! :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
ads216 said:
And yeah, I've heard Vieri interview in English a few times and he once said that when he was a lad in Oz, his main sport was Cricket and his idol was Alan Border the former skipper of the Aussie cricket team. And he wanted to play Cricket for Australia and not Soccer. Too bad he didn't stick to that...!!!!!! :D

true Ads.......I heard Bobo's father was in a pro cricket league in Oz or something......and Bobo, although he was born in Bologna (gee, I hope I am right about his birthplace or Mellanie will get me with strike "due" ;) )he grew up in Oz, and he didn't even play football until he was in his late teens or so.....

Bobo, certainly a welcome addition to the squadra d' Italia, but of all the teams he has played for, why did he settle for the one he is @ now.... :rolleyes:

Tell 'em below Paolo ;)

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
Makeleleleleeee.. is quite a prospect, i say BUY! then we can sell Costa (who is getting on in age)

Makelele turns 30 in a couple of DAYS, so id say he's also getting on in age...

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont understand (ok well maybe i do) the hate towards Vieri, hes a really good striker! And him being kind of an Aussie is really cool as well. I was really quite shocked to hear his Aussie accent at the world cup its so funny- i love it! But yeah i guess maybe Inter wasnt the best place to settle, i mean he went to the right city.
And what happened to Colosimo?? The last i saw was him being carried off with some knee injury a way back.. :head:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
mamma_mia! said:
I dont understand (ok well maybe i do) the hate towards Vieri, hes a really good striker! And him being kind of an Aussie is really cool as well. I was really quite shocked to hear his Aussie accent at the world cup its so funny- i love it! But yeah i guess maybe Inter wasnt the best place to settle, i mean he went to the right city.
And what happened to Colosimo?? The last i saw was him being carried off with some knee injury a way back.. :head:

People only hate him because he's Nerazzuro, and he always scores for them.. He's from Fairfield BTW, a very ethnic community with plenty of "sic bro's"... but im inclined to think Bobo was one of the more conservative "Italian-Australians" - being a cricketer n' all.

What is also interesting that English is his native language.. :rolleyes:

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
lol juninho, Vieri kind of has a woggy-australian accent to his english its cute, hey he could promote cricket in Italy! ahaha that would never take on. But hey i think we need more competition.
Sorry about the OT post

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
Ozmosis said:

He's oz, but his ancestors are from somewhere in italy at some stage,

RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
I see plenty Italian interviews with him, but never in english!!!!!!!!!! He sounds just like an Oz cricket player!!!!!!!!!!! :!

hehe, not really. he's got the stereotypical fairfield accent when speaking english, and according to some italian guy i know, he speaks italian like he's from fairfield too :p

anywayz, back on topic. grella is going to be one of the best DMC's in the world in a few years i think. and makelele is 30ish now, so it's pretty obvious.

Schedule