The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 11-01-2020, 19:38   #521
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Thought Kessie played solid too, won the ball back a few times and used his body to find the ball and get it out of tight spaces. He and bennacer together is young and energetic. We could use an upgrade probably but with Biglia out we cannot lose either of them
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 19:43   #522
Fabio
Cult Of SMS

Fav. Players: Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Boateng, Honda, Huntelaar

no suso, we win. coincidence? i think not.

i am happy.

have a nice weekend

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 20:02   #523
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: bench suso

Forza Milan. Ibra and Leao. My Strikers.
Khurrisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 21:31   #524
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Hakan did a lot of defensive work and put in some good crosses. I still think he's much less effective in the left side and better as a CAM, but he provides so much cover for Theo and came back all the way to make a tackle to prevent a goal.

Samu has to be given credit. Even when he doesn't offer a great ball, the amount of hard work he gives makes such a huge difference. He presses and doesn't give up. Even when he gets pushed off the ball.

Leao did better today, he didn't let his head drop. He really is a SS and I think he could morph into a real striker. That sort of languid style reminds me of Henry, he's not as elegant, but he has the skill and stride that reminds me of him.

Ibra is Ibra. The difference between him and Piatek is really stark. He shifts defenses, because he drops back, then changes direction and makes himself available while also bringing others into play.

I'm not really sold on the 442, if I'm honest. I think we got overrun in midfield too often and didn't control the ball like we can and have in previous matches (without the results all the time to be fair). 442 makes me nervous. Kessie did so much defensive work and Bennacer did as well, but sometimes I felt like they were overwhelmed in the center.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 21:54   #525
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Hakan did a lot of defensive work and put in some good crosses. I still think he's much less effective in the left side and better as a CAM, but he provides so much cover for Theo and came back all the way to make a tackle to prevent a goal.

Samu has to be given credit. Even when he doesn't offer a great ball, the amount of hard work he gives makes such a huge difference. He presses and doesn't give up. Even when he gets pushed off the ball.

Leao did better today, he didn't let his head drop. He really is a SS and I think he could morph into a real striker. That sort of languid style reminds me of Henry, he's not as elegant, but he has the skill and stride that reminds me of him.

Ibra is Ibra. The difference between him and Piatek is really stark. He shifts defenses, because he drops back, then changes direction and makes himself available while also bringing others into play.

I'm not really sold on the 442, if I'm honest. I think we got overrun in midfield too often and didn't control the ball like we can and have in previous matches (without the results all the time to be fair). 442 makes me nervous. Kessie did so much defensive work and Bennacer did as well, but sometimes I felt like they were overwhelmed in the center.
spot on as usual

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

LocalHero80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 22:25   #526
indo
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Samu though technically a “worse” player than Suso, at least bring about a sense of directness and urgency.

Without Suso, we don’t look so lethargic.
Atleast samu not one trick pony, and he always run not like suso just waiting and wasting chance by loosing the possessions everytime his trick doesn’t work.
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 00:48   #527
Cloren
Primavera Player

Ibra comes and Milan wins. What a legend of a player
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:16   #528
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Lovely with a win, but weird seeing a 4-4-2. Without further reinforcements its hard to picture the best formation with our group of players.

I agree that Hakan is best utilized behind the strikers, but I would rather sell him and leave all romantic hopes for his potential behind.

I'm just happy Ibra and Leao played together and that Ibra is here in general. The hail mary race for 4th starts today
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:19   #529
Hoplite
National Team Player

Legend stays Ibra. No Suso, no stress and frustation.

Now replace Hakan with Bennacer/Paqueta and Milan will be solid again.

Oh and we also need a better RB
Hoplite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:51   #530
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
Thought Kessie played solid too, won the ball back a few times and used his body to find the ball and get it out of tight spaces. He and bennacer together is young and energetic. We could use an upgrade probably but with Biglia out we cannot lose either of them
Yes they worked well. Even if Biglia was available he'd struggle to cover either of those roles so if we carry on with 4-4-2 we're a bit light in that area.
Tobinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:47   #531
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

1. 3 points
  2. Zlatan scored
  3. No Suso

My top 3 for this game, absolute bananas

Also 4-4-2 looks interesting, but we need better synergy in central midfield. A top DM would have done wonders alongside Benacer in the mid.

Also a better LM would have been better than Calhanoglu, a Samu like one would do just fine. We wouldn't need in the short term a world class player, just somebody that actually moves and has speed, and fights for every ball like Samu does would be an immense upgrade.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:56   #532
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

The Zlatan effect.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 13:03   #533
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
  1. 3 points
  2. Zlatan scored
  3. No Suso

Also 4-4-2 looks interesting, but we need better synergy in central midfield. A top DM would have done wonders alongside Benacer in the mid.

Also a better LM would have been better than Calhanoglu, a Samu like one would do just fine. We wouldn't need in the short term a world class player, just somebody that actually moves and has speed, and fights for every ball like Samu does would be an immense upgrade.
It's a shame Rebic turned out they way he did for us. When playing for Croatia, he's exactly the player you're describing. Fighting and even bleeding for every ball out on the wings.

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 14:15   #534
Pingu
Theonomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
  1. 3 points
  2. Zlatan scored
  3. No Suso

Bennacer - CDM - Kessie - Samu

That might work for the midfield for now, if Samu can keep up from his great game yesterday. Bennacer is what you described, not super fast but can be pacy and beat a man. Good at moving the ball forward and fighting for it.

Signature
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote