Status
Not open for further replies.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
DecisiveForsakenAddax-size_restricted.gif
:lol:
Must have gotten it wrong then. Sorry about that.

Whats up with his mother though?

Problem is that he listens to his mother.
His mother is a super thot who tried to sleep (not at the same time :D) with multiple people of the Atletico management.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Borini > bilgia

How bilgia is still here Is beyond me. I said he was trash from the start and all u hyped him. Morons

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Borini to Verona ufficiale.

AC MILAN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: Borini sold to Verona outright
AC Milan announces that it has definitively sold the sports performance of the footballer Fabio Borini to Hellas Verona.

The Club thanks Fabio for the professionalism and personal qualities demonstrated in these years, wishing him all the best for the professional and personal future.

Grazie Fabio.

Yes!! Mirabelli's favorite player is out. One down many more to go.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Borini > bilgia

How bilgia is still here Is beyond me. I said he was trash from the start and all u hyped him. Morons

:thumbsup::star::star:

To be fair, if we had the Biglia of Lazio who wasn't instead shit and always injured it'd be a different story for him. But alas, Milan are cursed.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Biglia is when buying experience goes horribly wrong and your left with a grossly overpaid half cripple

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The one RB we should go after is Thomas Meunier from PSG. Contract is finished in 6 months. Fast, no discipline issue, great scorer. He would easily be another Theo. I would not be opposed for a transfer Paqueta against Draxler and Meunier. Then either sell Calabria for 15Me/18Me or use him as a 2LB/3RB and offload RR.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Borini > bilgia

Posts like this are why ppl like necro (rightly) says that you shouldn't judge a transfer in hindsight.

Biglia, Higuain, Bonucci etc were in fucking RIPPING form before they came here. To have not considered them at the time would have been foolish.

However, a proper needs assessment would have pre-empted the purchase of at least Bonucci.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course. It goes without saying that the player being signed has to fit the tactic. But I don't understand how Bonucci didn't fit the tactic?

At first Bonucci seemed like a good transfer because it looked like the management still had money to spend on a top striker like Aubameyang.

Then later on we found out that Mirabelli had spent part of the striker money on Bonucci and there wasn't enough money left for Aubameyang. Then instead they went for Kalinic!

Obviously it was a stupid transfer. Aubameyang would have been much better than Bonucci and Kalinic.

Plus Montella's tactics were to play with 2 cbs and wingers. Mirabelli added 2 new cbs (Musacchio and Bonucci), got rid of Niang who could play on the wing, replaced Deulofeu with Hakan and didn't sign any other winger.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aren't you describing the Ibra operation?

I mean, isn't it what we all were saying since years, that we lack leader type of players that every squad needs and to whom squad players can refer to and depend on?

Yes, although I have far more faith in Ibra's mental strength than Bonucci/Higuain, but being Ibra dependent is it's own can of worms.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
If pussy squad just won vs sassuolo and doria in front of 60000 san siro we'd be ok

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Yes, although I have far more faith in Ibra's mental strength than Bonucci/Higuain, but being Ibra dependent is it's own can of worms.

if we will manage to break Ibra's mental capacity, oh boy

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Posts like this are why ppl like necro (rightly) says that you shouldn't judge a transfer in hindsight.

Biglia, Higuain, Bonucci etc were in fucking RIPPING form before they came here. To have not considered them at the time would have been foolish.

However, a proper needs assessment would have pre-empted the purchase of at least Bonucci.

bonnuci is the only one barely who was decent form (and he was propped up by chiellini), higuian was overweight and out of form. no one outside of serie a fans knows what the fuck a Bilgia is.

lets not pretend these guys were great

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
AC Milan have held talks with the agent of Stade Rennais starlet Eduardo Camavinga about a possible future move, according to RMC Sport – as cited by **************

Probably bullshit but it's something.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I see where you're coming from. However a team always has it's own hierarchy with leader type of players and squad type of players. One of the many problems we've had in recent years is that few to no players in our squad have the mental strength to become leader type of players. Loosing is part of the sport. Part of this game. But the way we lost to Atalanta (not only, Inter comes to my mind as well) shows how little personality this squad currently has.

I once thought Romagnoli could be one of this leader type of players in current Milan. Not sure after the past 6 months of this season. Jack seems to be one if you believe the rumours, but technically he's not a player I don't want to dependend on.

Bonucci and Higuain have been thought to be those leader type of players to guide a younger generation. They weren't. End of story.

Being Ibra dependent in my eyes is as long a problem as we don't bring more of those leader type of players to guide the squad type of players. It's like taking the Maldini of the 2000-decade and put him into this team (bar Ibra). He'd be tremendous, but you can't expect winning Serie A or let alone CL if you don't add Rino, Nesta, Ambro etc.; football is a teamsport, and being dependend on one single player will bring you only so far.

Therefore I hope that Ibra is only the beginning of a strategy that sees more mentaly strong players coming in to lead the others. If we don't, well, then I agree that we are going to have a problem sooner or later. But we have to start somewhere somehow. And Ibra IMO is the perfect starting point.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I see where you're coming from. However a team always has it's own hierarchy with leader type of players and squad type of players. One of the many problems we've had in recent years is that few to no players in our squad have the mental strength to become leader type of players. Loosing is part of the sport. Part of this game. But the way we lost to Atalanta (not only, Inter comes to my mind as well) shows how little personality this squad currently has.

I once thought Romagnoli could be one of this leader type of players in current Milan. Not sure after the past 6 months of this season. Jack seems to be one if you believe the rumours, but technically he's not a player I don't want to dependend on.

Bonucci and Higuain have been thought to be those leader type of players to guide a younger generation. They weren't. End of story.

Being Ibra dependent in my eyes is as long a problem as we don't bring more of those leader type of players to guide the squad type of players. It's like taking the Maldini of the 2000-decade and put him into this team (bar Ibra). He'd be tremendous, but you can't expect winning Serie A or let alone CL if you don't add Rino, Nesta, Ambro etc.; football is a teamsport, and being dependend on one single player will bring you only so far.

Therefore I hope that Ibra is only the beginning of a strategy that sees more mentaly strong players coming in to lead the others. If we don't, well, then I agree that we are going to have a problem sooner or later. But we have to start somewhere somehow. And Ibra IMO is the perfect starting point.

Agreed.

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
AC Milan have held talks with the agent of Stade Rennais starlet Eduardo Camavinga about a possible future move, according to RMC Sport – as cited by **************

Probably bullshit but it's something.

If true, then Arnault is coming :D

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

We just signed Musacchio that earlier that summer and still had Paletta (walking red cards, I know) on the books. We needed immediate help at CF and LW, instead we sign Bonucci and completely lost our focus.

Biglia and Higuain were signings that I was for at the time. I agree with necro on those two. But Bonucci, he was never the guy that helped make a defensive line good with leadership, and that's why handing him the captaincy was a bad idea. Most importantly, it completely changed the direction of our transfers.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I personally dont want any jube, merda scum
Id take Icardi though, consider him top no.9 and it would be sweet to slap interisti

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Arnaut is smokescreen for General to purchase the club with his billion-dollar deal buddies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This mercato feels different.

We're clearly shedding dead weight on high wages like Borini and Reina, while letting Biglia leave at the end of his contract. Replacing Caldara with a temp like Kjaer also is a big cost saving move. I wonder what the strategy here is? Is it simply trying to lower costs as much as possible by dropping players that weren't really part of the squad, or is it more than that?

A sale of the club is always on the cards but I think it also makes sense as a way of reducing the squad down to the core + players on loan and then letting a new coach in the summer decide who to keep and who to get without being weighed down by past mistakes.

I can see us selling Piatek, Suso and Rodriguez, probably getting a new RM and recalling Laxalt, and Petagna as a vice-Ibra. This won't downgrade the team a lot since we shouldn't expect any of those three to play much and they're all on first team wages.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
:thumbsup:

We just signed Musacchio that earlier that summer and still had Paletta (walking red cards, I know) on the books. We needed immediate help at CF and LW, instead we sign Bonucci and completely lost our focus.

Biglia and Higuain were signings that I was for at the time. I agree with necro on those two. But Bonucci, he was never the guy that helped make a defensive line good with leadership, and that's why handing him the captaincy was a bad idea. Most importantly, it completely changed the direction of our transfers.

I don’t disagree with these points: Handing him the captaincy was a bad decision, and sacrificing the wing forward quest due to Bonucci was sub optimal.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
This mercato feels different.

We're clearly shedding dead weight on high wages like Borini and Reina, while letting Biglia leave at the end of his contract. Replacing Caldara with a temp like Kjaer also is a big cost saving move. I wonder what the strategy here is? Is it simply trying to lower costs as much as possible by dropping players that weren't really part of the squad, or is it more than that?

A sale of the club is always on the cards but I think it also makes sense as a way of reducing the squad down to the core + players on loan and then letting a new coach in the summer decide who to keep and who to get without being weighed down by past mistakes.

I can see us selling Piatek, Suso and Rodriguez, probably getting a new RM and recalling Laxalt, and Petagna as a vice-Ibra. This won't downgrade the team a lot since we shouldn't expect any of those three to play much and they're all on first team wages.

I think the reason is prosaic: cut costs because anticipated revenue (from CL) likely won't materialize. Cut costs and get players who are cheaper and who could turn out to be more useful. In theory.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Arnault us a smokescreen for...prepare...

Year zero!!!!

Buahaha... year zero no.5 here we go

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Forgot about Laxalt. How is he doing? Saw he played 15 games so far for 1 assist. But only 3 full games and only 606 minutes. Seems difficult for Torino to keep him if he is being used so little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule