Week 19: Cagliari - Milan 11/01/2020 15:00 CEt

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Class is permanent - Ibra showed that on both his goals (including his offside) plus the run for the freekick and another get out of jail moment.

There maybe space for Piatek so I hope if they sell its for profit and not just to offload. I believe teams will now put additional attention on Ibra so Leao will need to be a bit more clued in on continuing to move.

Happy for Samu, he worked to the very end and was very effective in all phases - just missed releasing Ibra with a nice ball out right too. Both him and Kessie did a great job winning balls on right and Bennacer did a good job pressing on the other side.

Theo returned to form as well.

Hoping this isnt a one off and hope and enjoyment can return this second half for a good run of results and development of the young guys.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think paqueta is more suited to being zlatans sub, i.e the SS.

Seems like rebic will sub on for leao and paqueta will sub on for zlatan.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
@Congo, weren't you mocking the Ibra transfer?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
@Congo, weren't you mocking the Ibra transfer?

n0KspAC.png

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Biggest relevation to me was that Casti seems to be able to perform also as RM. Need to see more of him as RM tho to be sure tho. That being said the second half of Castiglione was something else. Bravo!

We saw a different noodle today.
Suso got probably scared.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
@joyrider where's our Top Three thread to crown Samu king today?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Gutted I missed this game..

Just read we started without hakan and suso.

I wonder if suso got dropped cos of his crosses vs sampdoria.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Gutted I missed this game..

Just read we started without hakan and suso.

I wonder if suso got dropped cos of his crosses vs sampdoria.

Hakan started, wasn't good. Samu was fantastic.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Samu though technically a “worse” player than Suso, at least bring about a sense of directness and urgency.

Without Suso, we don’t look so lethargic.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thought Kessie played solid too, won the ball back a few times and used his body to find the ball and get it out of tight spaces. He and bennacer together is young and energetic. We could use an upgrade probably but with Biglia out we cannot lose either of them

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
no suso, we win. coincidence? i think not.

i am happy.

have a nice weekend

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Forza Milan. Ibra and Leao. My Strikers. :heart:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan did a lot of defensive work and put in some good crosses. I still think he's much less effective in the left side and better as a CAM, but he provides so much cover for Theo and came back all the way to make a tackle to prevent a goal.

Samu has to be given credit. Even when he doesn't offer a great ball, the amount of hard work he gives makes such a huge difference. He presses and doesn't give up. Even when he gets pushed off the ball.

Leao did better today, he didn't let his head drop. He really is a SS and I think he could morph into a real striker. That sort of languid style reminds me of Henry, he's not as elegant, but he has the skill and stride that reminds me of him.

Ibra is Ibra. The difference between him and Piatek is really stark. He shifts defenses, because he drops back, then changes direction and makes himself available while also bringing others into play.

I'm not really sold on the 442, if I'm honest. I think we got overrun in midfield too often and didn't control the ball like we can and have in previous matches (without the results all the time to be fair). 442 makes me nervous. Kessie did so much defensive work and Bennacer did as well, but sometimes I felt like they were overwhelmed in the center.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Hakan did a lot of defensive work and put in some good crosses. I still think he's much less effective in the left side and better as a CAM, but he provides so much cover for Theo and came back all the way to make a tackle to prevent a goal.

Samu has to be given credit. Even when he doesn't offer a great ball, the amount of hard work he gives makes such a huge difference. He presses and doesn't give up. Even when he gets pushed off the ball.

Leao did better today, he didn't let his head drop. He really is a SS and I think he could morph into a real striker. That sort of languid style reminds me of Henry, he's not as elegant, but he has the skill and stride that reminds me of him.

Ibra is Ibra. The difference between him and Piatek is really stark. He shifts defenses, because he drops back, then changes direction and makes himself available while also bringing others into play.

I'm not really sold on the 442, if I'm honest. I think we got overrun in midfield too often and didn't control the ball like we can and have in previous matches (without the results all the time to be fair). 442 makes me nervous. Kessie did so much defensive work and Bennacer did as well, but sometimes I felt like they were overwhelmed in the center.

:star: spot on as usual

indo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Samu though technically a “worse” player than Suso, at least bring about a sense of directness and urgency.

Without Suso, we don’t look so lethargic.

Atleast samu not one trick pony, and he always run not like suso just waiting and wasting chance by loosing the possessions everytime his trick doesn’t work.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Ibra comes and Milan wins. What a legend of a player

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Lovely with a win, but weird seeing a 4-4-2. Without further reinforcements its hard to picture the best formation with our group of players.

I agree that Hakan is best utilized behind the strikers, but I would rather sell him and leave all romantic hopes for his potential behind.

I'm just happy Ibra and Leao played together and that Ibra is here in general. The hail mary race for 4th starts today

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Legend stays Ibra. No Suso, no stress and frustation.

Now replace Hakan with Bennacer/Paqueta and Milan will be solid again.

Oh and we also need a better RB

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Thought Kessie played solid too, won the ball back a few times and used his body to find the ball and get it out of tight spaces. He and bennacer together is young and energetic. We could use an upgrade probably but with Biglia out we cannot lose either of them

Yes they worked well. Even if Biglia was available he'd struggle to cover either of those roles so if we carry on with 4-4-2 we're a bit light in that area.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
  1. 3 points
  2. Zlatan scored
  3. No Suso

My top 3 for this game, absolute bananas :star: :star: :star:

Also 4-4-2 looks interesting, but we need better synergy in central midfield. A top DM would have done wonders alongside Benacer in the mid.

Also a better LM would have been better than Calhanoglu, a Samu like one would do just fine. We wouldn't need in the short term a world class player, just somebody that actually moves and has speed, and fights for every ball like Samu does would be an immense upgrade.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
  1. 3 points
  2. Zlatan scored
  3. No Suso

Also 4-4-2 looks interesting, but we need better synergy in central midfield. A top DM would have done wonders alongside Benacer in the mid.

Also a better LM would have been better than Calhanoglu, a Samu like one would do just fine. We wouldn't need in the short term a world class player, just somebody that actually moves and has speed, and fights for every ball like Samu does would be an immense upgrade.

It's a shame Rebic turned out they way he did for us. When playing for Croatia, he's exactly the player you're describing. Fighting and even bleeding for every ball out on the wings.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
  1. 3 points
  2. Zlatan scored
  3. No Suso

Bennacer - CDM - Kessie - Samu

That might work for the midfield for now, if Samu can keep up from his great game yesterday. Bennacer is what you described, not super fast but can be pacy and beat a man. Good at moving the ball forward and fighting for it.

Schedule