Samu Castillejo Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Don't suppress it. Embrace it. It will all feel better once you have released the inner Samusexual.

:lol: Watching him play is indeed one of the most entertaining thing about current Milan. In all kinds of ways imaginable.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It's dishonest to forget how shit he is when he is shit, just because he's been good for a few games and has a nice attitude.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why don’t they bulk him up? I’ve thought this since he arrived.

Coming from the US I’ve realized there are always mentalities between our main sports and football. Obviously football players are lighter and they often need to be, but Samu is ridiculously thin. If I saw him on the street I wouldn’t think he’s an athlete, and the average man could easily kick his ass.

He’s so skinny that if a defender engages him at all he gets fouled or loses the ball. He can’t play through any contact and win a challenge. And with his speed, natural longer frame, and decent control, it would really help his game to get stronger. It would be fairly easy to have him follow a gym routine and eat a little more over one summer and just fill out only a little bit. Could help his game a lot. Just something I always wonder why the trainers don’t address that. I remember Niang, SES, couple other young guys filling out a bit as teenagers and it seemed to help their game

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
^please....no samuphobia

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He would be completely alpha if he gained some size tbh

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
It's dishonest to forget how shit he is when he is shit, just because he's been good for a few games and has a nice attitude.

He shitiness was never any worse than Hakan and Suso but he just had way less chances. Now he's shining, we can't all help but be happy

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Coming from the US I’ve realized there are always mentalities between our main sports and football. Obviously football players are lighter and they often need to be, but Samu is ridiculously thin. If I saw him on the street I wouldn’t think he’s an athlete, and the average man could easily kick his ass.

He’s so skinny that if a defender engages him at all he gets fouled or loses the ball. He can’t play through any contact and win a challenge. And with his speed, natural longer frame, and decent control, it would really help his game to get stronger. It would be fairly easy to have him follow a gym routine and eat a little more over one summer and just fill out only a little bit. Could help his game a lot. Just something I always wonder why the trainers don’t address that. I remember Niang, SES, couple other young guys filling out a bit as teenagers and it seemed to help their game
I completely agree, been saying this myself. Maybe he feels like he wouldn't look as good in those lady sneakers he's wearing.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I completely agree, been saying this myself. Maybe he feels like he wouldn't look as good in those lady sneakers he's wearing.

Skinny guys like that have an easy advantage sometimes, he can gain muscle quickly and easily. Anything he puts on will show up right away, and he has no muscle at all so only a couple months on a good gym routine and diet and he’ll get very noticeable results. When Neymar arrived at Barca he was a twig and they just made him gain what like ten fifteen pounds. Still skinny but I bet it helped

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
nOItRpT.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/fXYGy09.gifv

mitXVap.gif

Didn't know where to post it... reaction after Castillejo goal

Yjn6pL3.gif

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I think El Shaarawy and Niang both declined as players after they bulked up.

El Shaarawy’s renaissance later on at Roma was entirely due to the free role he had.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Noodle hate is nothing but bad bait.

Samu is in everyone’s heart.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
So happy he’s playing very well, he tries harder than anyone in the team and now he’s starting to show some quality. Keep it up Samu!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So fucking good. And how he wins the balls up the field.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Getting better and better. Really turning out to be a good player

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Samu 3 great games in a row. More than Suso in a season. Keep 'em coming, Noodle.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People here were defending Rino's decision to keep starting an off-form Suso and keep giving him 90 mins as the CL spot was slipping away......because "he has no real option" or "it's not like we have Messi on the bench".
Yeah, but you don't need to be Messi to be a Suso upgrade.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People here were defending Rino's decision to keep starting an off-form Suso and keep giving him 90 mins as the CL spot was slipping away......because "he has no real option" or "it's not like we have Messi on the bench".
Yeah, but you don't need to be Messi to be a Suso upgrade.

As much as I love Rino. I think he is getting exposed now, I think how badly Giampaolo did kind of covered his obvious weaknesses.

Even Napoli fans are complaining about his team selection. So obvious pattern.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
������

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
I think El Shaarawy and Niang both declined as players after they bulked up.

El Shaarawy’s renaissance later on at Roma was entirely due to the free role he had.

I suspected their decline was due to the weak mentality of the team at that time.
After 13/14, the team was full of unmotivated players who didn't believed that they could win the game and stop giving their best for the team and this weak mentality is very contagious.

Players like RR, Biglia, Suso, Montolivio, Bertolacci, Hakan had a good season before they came to Milan but their performance deteriorated.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
"When club legend Clarence Seedorf was appointed as manager mid-way through the 2013/14 season – with Milan just four points above the relegation places at the time — he begun by benching some of the senior players who weren’t performing.

Montolivo was one of them and reportedly led to the captain leading a mutiny against the Dutchman, ultimately leading to his sacking just four months into his tenure."

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/456766/riccardo-montolivo-retirement-ac-milan-fiorentina-serie-a/

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"When club legend Clarence Seedorf was appointed as manager mid-way through the 2013/14 season – with Milan just four points above the relegation places at the time — he begun by benching some of the senior players who weren’t performing.

Montolivo was one of them

Nope.

Monto started in every game under Seedorf, except the Atletico games, which he was suspended for, and the Chievo game, due to an injury.
The Monto-Seedorf media drama started when Seedorf planned to bench Monto against Catania after being fooled by the annual trashing of Chievo at San Siro.
Monto ended up starting and scoring against Catania.
He also received way more MOTM points than De Jong during the Seedorf spell by the same RnB crowd that was worshiping De Jong and posting #iostoconSeedorf in the commode.

Monto and Seedorf were good for each-other, although they didn't seem to realize it.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Another game, still MVP to me. Actually insane the difference since he's started RM every game. Never gassed out, always looking to create and defend. Doesn't need goals or assists if he does everything else.

Schedule