The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 31-03-2015, 23:49   #4381
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Okay, number one, Italy were competitive in that final before we went down to 10 men and were unlucky to be behind by a two goal margin.
Number two, if that was a poor side I don't know what that makes the England and Germany sides we beat on the way to the final.
Finally, in the last five games between us it's actually 2 wins, 2 draws (includes the confeds cup) and 1 loss in Spain's favour plus we've actually scored 3 goals, not 1.
Please just stop.
FNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 00:06   #4382
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

When Spain wins 4 world cups and produces as many legendary players and coaches as Italy; then they can brag. For now they can jerk off to their one world cup all they want because they're not going to win another for a very long time.

Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 00:18   #4383
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
When Spain wins 4 world cups and produces as many legendary players and coaches as Italy; then they can brag.
The man cant say fairer than that. True.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 00:23   #4384
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
The man cant say fairer than that. True.
Not when u realise 2 of those were won under dubious circumstances ... Plus the best team wasn't even at 34 or 38 (Uruguay)

Agree with the coaches though... Sacchi, Capello Ancelotti Rocco Throw in Trappatoni and Now Conte

Italy is probably the only nation that can boast of a great tradition of producing defenders... but they are lacking when you put up their mid and attack up against the likes of Brazil etc.

But Defenders ... yes they have a monopoly in that part of the field.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I donít even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 00:48   #4385
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
Not when u realise 2 of those were won under dubious circumstances ... Plus the best team wasn't even at 34 or 38 (Uruguay)

Agree with the coaches though... Sacchi, Capello Ancelotti Rocco Throw in Trappatoni and Now Conte

Italy is probably the only nation that can boast of a great tradition of producing defenders... but they are lacking when you put up their mid and attack up against the likes of Brazil etc.

So, at the end, they r 2 WCs, coaches and players better off? Thats wot that other guy said and to which I agreed with.

PS - If only Peter Schmeichel and Michael Laudrup were Italian.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo

Last edited by vB9; 01-04-2015 at 00:52.
Old 01-04-2015, 00:50   #4386
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Germany also had a dubious win in 1990 as well as Spain in 2010. What I meant is Italy can produce world cup winning squads that have beaten the strongest teams in their respective era. Add to the fact they reach the World Cup final every 12 years since 1970; that's pretty impressive.

True Italy isn't known for its midfield (that would be Brazil and Germany) but I think the last two generations made some very good Italian midfielders: Baggio, Pirlo, Gattuso, Camoranesi, Albertini, and De Rossi. And despite never having an amazing midfield; they managed to beat the extremely talented Brazilian midfield of Socrates, Zico, Eder, and Falcao in 1982 and went on to win the final against Germany Shame that Baggio and Baresi missed their penalties in 1994 because Baresi deserved the win after his incredible defensive display.
Old 01-04-2015, 00:51   #4387
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Quote:
So, at the end, they r 2 WCs, coaches and players better off? Thats wot that other guy said and to which I agreed with.
Oh in terms of comparing em to spain then yeah. Both r kinda boring to watch tbh.

Signature
Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 00:59   #4388
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Oh in terms of comparing em to spain then yeah. Both r kinda boring to watch tbh.
It is now. But back then? Watching Italian football back then was like watching Bobby Fischer play chess.

Signature
Old 01-04-2015, 01:02   #4389
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Quote:
Germany also had a dubious win in 1990 as well as Spain in 2010. What I meant is Italy can produce world cup winning squads that have beaten the strongest teams in their respective era. Add to the fact they reach the World Cup final every 12 years since 1970; that's pretty impressive.

True Italy isn't known for its midfield (that would be Brazil and Germany) but I think the last two generations made some very good Italian midfielders: Baggio, Pirlo, Gattuso, Camoranesi, Albertini, and De Rossi. And despite never having an amazing midfield; they managed to beat the extremely talented Brazilian midfield of Socrates, Zico, Eder, and Falcao in 1982 and went on to win the final against Germany Shame that Baggio and Baresi missed their penalties in 1994 because Baresi deserved the win after his incredible defensive display.
True Germans were a bit dirty in 1990... but they were probably the team of the Tournament. I know SPain were boring n 2010... but can't remember it being a dubious win. Unless you mean that game (can't remember who, where the opponents had a player sent off in the group or last 16 , q/f)

1970 another 4 goal mauling... but at least this time it was against the Greatest International Side of all time. So maybe it wasn't as bad.

I think in 82 the best team lost i.e Brazil.

Even if I do agree with those names you listed in as the Great mids of the Italian side.. it's still a poor return. I mean in the same time the Dutch have contributed Rijkaard, Davids, Seedorf, Sneijder, Van Bommel. etc etc.

Massaro missed a pen as well

Signature
Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 01:03   #4390
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Germany also had a dubious win in 1990.

last two generations made some very good Italian midfielders: Baggio, Gattuso, Camoranesi
Fuck Gascoigne's tears... I remember Maradona's tears!

Baggio was No10. We dont count No10s as midfielders. Also, LOL@gattuso n camo.

Signature

Last edited by vB9; 01-04-2015 at 01:07.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:23   #4391
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
True Germans were a bit dirty in 1990... but they were probably the team of the Tournament. I know SPain were boring n 2010... but can't remember it being a dubious win. Unless you mean that game (can't remember who, where the opponents had a player sent off in the group or last 16 , q/f)

1970 another 4 goal mauling... but at least this time it was against the Greatest International Side of all time. So maybe it wasn't as bad.

I think in 82 the best team lost i.e Brazil.

Even if I do agree with those names you listed in as the Great mids of the Italian side.. it's still a poor return. I mean in the same time the Dutch have contributed Rijkaard, Davids, Seedorf, Sneijder, Van Bommel. etc etc.

Massaro missed a pen as well
The red card was vs. Chile and it was Marco Estrada who was sent off. There were other dubious calls. Before the Iniesta goal in the final; Elia was fouled by Sergio Ramos and it wasn't called. Against Paraguay, Paraguay has a clean goal disallowed and Paraguay would have taken the lead. Against Portugal, the goal was offside. I mean it's quite a bit of stuff lol

What the Dutch have in midfield they lack in defense No International team I think has had a complete strength in all positions over another team.
And no no no in 1982 the best team lost to the REAL best team haha
Old 01-04-2015, 01:25   #4392
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

1990 was such a biased final against the Argentina team. I've said it a bunch of times. #10 = attacking mid but hey man I said very good midfielders not legendary ones.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:30   #4393
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:
#10 = attacking mid
Stop it, just stop it. This is a Ron Swanson moment, I Know More Than You!

No10 is Cantona, No10 is a Roberto Mancini, Savicevic.

Signature
Old 01-04-2015, 01:41   #4394
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Quote:

I'm so glad you pointed that out

Quote:
The red card was vs. Chile and it was Marco Estrada who was sent off. There were other dubious calls. Before the Iniesta goal in the final; Elia was fouled by Sergio Ramos and it wasn't called. Against Paraguay, Paraguay has a clean goal disallowed and Paraguay would have taken the lead. Against Portugal, the goal was offside. I mean it's quite a bit of stuff lol

What the Dutch have in midfield they lack in defense No International team I think has had a complete strength in all positions over another team.
And no no no in 1982 the best team lost to the REAL best team haha
Not denying any of those calls... but at the same time i'm not gonna draw up a list of incidents which have gone in favour of Italy (not incuding the 34/38 dubious victories). See when you point a finger at someone... 3 are pointing back at you

Incidents aside i found that Spain team was extremely boring to watch. I applaud the possession but FFS stick the ball in the back of the net have a shot from long distance... DO SOMETHING apart from a 5 yard pass and hogging possession. Fuck Xavi give me Peeerlo. Boring ass mofos. Rogerio Ceni has a better goals to games ratio than Iniesta

I said it already, Italy has a monopoly on defenders... NO nation can contest them in that department... but they are sorely lacking in the mid and forward line in comparison to others.

Signature
Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 01:45   #4395
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Quote:

Signature
Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50   #4396
vB9
Man with a Plan

Only Brazil have a better reputation than Italy when it comes to forwards. More in numbers too.

Signature
Old 01-04-2015, 01:53   #4397
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:

Lol. Wot the fuck. Feel like Fenster when he says: "Wot you go on do that for, tryin make a point."

Signature

Last edited by vB9; 01-04-2015 at 12:19.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:28   #4398
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Quote:
Lol. Wot the fuck. Feel like Fenster when he says: "Wot you go on do that for, tryin make a poing."
Eh... it could have been worse.... remember Kay pee bee

Love the Fenster reference.... that made me crease up oh boy

Signature
Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 02:48   #4399
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Calma calma lol I didn't meant to come off as some know it all. So fine let's remove him from the midfield list. Though since he is a fantasista, he can be classified as both a forward and midfielder.

Quote:
I'm so glad you pointed that out

Not denying any of those calls... but at the same time i'm not gonna draw up a list of incidents which have gone in favour of Italy (not incuding the 34/38 dubious victories). See when you point a finger at someone... 3 are pointing back at you

Incidents aside i found that Spain team was extremely boring to watch. I applaud the possession but FFS stick the ball in the back of the net have a shot from long distance... DO SOMETHING apart from a 5 yard pass and hogging possession. Fuck Xavi give me Peeerlo. Boring ass mofos. Rogerio Ceni has a better goals to games ratio than Iniesta

I said it already, Italy has a monopoly on defenders... NO nation can contest them in that department... but they are sorely lacking in the mid and forward line in comparison to others.
Fair point.

Yeah I really hate Guardiola for starting that boring possession game again. Granted it works but it's boring as hell. Italy has had some very good strikers though as well but not as good as the legendary Argentina attackers.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:54   #4400
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Btw lets go Ecuador
We're doing very well against Argentina. I'm surprised to see Pastore playing for Argentina. About time they called him to play