The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2019, 09:16   #81
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

He is great ... if one wants to illustrate what is wrong with German football. Outside of that purpose he is a horror show.

The only decent thing is his physicality, not perfect but that's not the problem.
His tactical behavior is stiff, he shifts between roles and positions in an extremely unnatural way, there is nothing gradual, he either is dead on a RWB or RW.
His technique is non existent, its almost laughable.
His passing is as heavy as it gets.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:57   #82
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon
 
SpartanMilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York
Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato
Default

I know it won't be a popular idea, but I would like to see him get an extended run in the next two games. I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as he has been for us so far, and I would like to see if getting more game time could get him out of his funk.


Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 18:30   #83
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
 
Savo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Default

such a bad move to swap silva for him.. funny how we cold use striker rn and not a.... whatever rebic is...???..


Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:01   #84
Milan2012
Senior Team Member
 
Milan2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Default

I hope he doesn’t end his loan just yet. With the 442 or any two striker system he’s very useful. He could compete with Leao for the second striker or at least be his back up. The case where he leaves and Suso/Castiejllo become back up ss is scary.
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:12   #85
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan2012 View Post
I hope he doesn’t end his loan just yet. With the 442 or any two striker system he’s very useful. He could compete with Leao for the second striker or at least be his back up. The case where he leaves and Suso/Castiejllo become back up ss is scary.
He is not going to be a backup thats for sure.

Hope he rotates with leao and finds some consistency.

So far he was shit with us but he is a good player and if played right can be a great asset.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:13   #86
Milan2012
Senior Team Member
 
Milan2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Default

People have mentioned using him as left mid but he’s more effective playing closer to the goal. Doesn’t have defensive work rate or quality, and he’s too inconsistent in his first touch and pass to play deeper.
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:16   #87
Milan2012
Senior Team Member
 
Milan2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
He is not going to be a backup thats for sure.

Hope he rotates with leao and finds some consistency.

So far he was shit with us but he is a good player and if played right can be a great asset.


Second striker is a very demanding role, and Leao always lays off the paddle around minute 60. I wld say in any 2 striker system he’s sure to get minutes.
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:23   #88
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan2012 View Post
Second striker is a very demanding role, and Leao always lays off the paddle around minute 60. I wld say in any 2 striker system he’s sure to get minutes.
Yes, thats the plan with the arrival of ibra.

So hope he stays. He did look like giving a damn on the pitch.


Lets see...


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:58   #89
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Finally a good performance.

But what is all these calls, in the match thread, for him to start at LM?
I get that you want Bona & Hakan benched, but it's pretty clear by now that Rebic is a second striker, or a wing-forward who starts off wide but makes most of his touches in the center.

He can't cover ground like Samu or Hakan. Doesn't have the endurance for it, and he also doesn't have the skills to thrive in a wide position far away from the goal. He never did, even at Frankfurt or during the World Cup. Sure he was the RW of a 4-5-1 on paper, but he spent most of the time in the center. He did spend an awful lot of time on the flanks during some games, and all I can remember from them were fouls, dives and bad touches which made him one of the most hated players of the tournament at some point.

He has the body of a forward or a KPB-esque "trequartista" and this is how he thrived at Frankfurt. He was taking the physical battles for Jovic and basically filled in where Jovic lacked. He pressed the defenders, but he wasn't someone who'd track a fullback deep into their own half.

Tonight/yesterday was the first time he had a similar role. The team played on the counter, the transitions were quick, he usually received the ball just outside the box and he played it quick just as he prefers.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 08:42   #90
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
He was taking the physical battles for Jovic and basically filled in where Jovic lacked. He pressed the defenders, but he wasn't someone who'd track a fullback deep into their own half.
There is only one Mbaye Niang and we sold him


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 09:06   #91
Milan2012
Senior Team Member
 
Milan2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
Yes, thats the plan with the arrival of ibra.

So hope he stays. He did look like giving a damn on the pitch.


Lets see...


Yeah Zlatan and Piatek as the target man/poachers. Leao and Rebic as the pressing forward/second strikers.

Some people have said play Zlatan with Piatek but it’s unbalanced. You need someone with the legs to open up space for the target man. Unless you have a super dynamic partnership like Cavani and Suarez.
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 09:15   #92
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan2012 View Post
Yeah Zlatan and Piatek as the target man/poachers. Leao and Rebic as the pressing forward/second strikers.

Some people have said play Zlatan with Piatek but it’s unbalanced. You need someone with the legs to open up space for the target man. Unless you have a super dynamic partnership like Cavani and Suarez.
Agreed. Would never play zlatan-piatek combo.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 09:15   #93
Milan2012
Senior Team Member
 
Milan2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
But what is all these calls, in the match thread, for him to start at LM?

I get that you want Bona & Hakan benched, but it's pretty clear by now that Rebic is a second striker, or a wing-forward who starts off wide but makes most of his touches in the center.

This!!

He just doesn’t have the skill set to play in the midfield. Bad touch, poor passing, can’t defend or mark. He’s got the pace physique and creativity of a forward.
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 10:02   #94
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default



Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:02   #95
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default



Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:53   #96
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
gif
Does Stitches agree with you?


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 13:37   #97
Sognatore
superema man
 
Sognatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
There is only one Mbaye Niang and we sold him




Signature

sempre only 100% italian music in locker room
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 14:20   #98
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Does Stitches agree with you?
yes.

(I may have not caught it was him during the game)


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 17:15   #99
Ronin
Milansochist
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
great move by Rebic and amazing fuck-up by Piatek


Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 17:17   #100
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth
 
Mr. Milanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
great move by Rebic and amazing fuck-up by Piatek
Yeh so stupid of him to stop his play to look at the linesman referee to see if it's offside. You fkn play until you hear the whistle. He should have scored that.

Also yeah that was insanse by Rebic


Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:03.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.