The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 22-02-2012, 06:22   #401
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

in latest training video . pippo works really hard
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 06:49   #402
Pipa
Rotten Apple

We've only played 3 good games this year..
Barcax2, Arsenal.
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 07:06   #403
derpu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen

Granted those 3 games were our most important CL games as of now, I would say that it is acceptable.

Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 11:33   #404
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipa View Post
We've only played 3 good games this year..
Barcax2, Arsenal.
We played GREAT against Arsenal and Barca at San Siro. The performance in Camp Nou was great only if you took the circumstances into consideration.(Ibra, Binho, KPB out, no Aqua from start..MVB + injured Ambro playing) We were absolute shit with the ball for most of the game(Barca being the opponents isn't a good excuse) and while we did great defensively, defending with 9-10 men in your half is a lot easier than the usual task TS and Nesta have. I refused to say it back then, but now that we've proved we can give them tough competition without parking the bus like a Ranieri-coached team, I think we were lucky to get 1 point at Camp Nou.

Roma 2-3 Milan was a pretty good performance too. A bit shaky in the defense the last 10-15 mins, but the score line is misleading. We would've been up with 3 goals if Noce hadn't missed an open goal. Roma were in possession for most part, but we let them do their tikitaka since we benefited from it.

We've destroyed the small teams like no other(except RM).
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 14:50   #405
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

As long as we dont lose points to small teams at ALL, and manage to get a win against Juve in Serie A Scudetto should be ours, and if our best games are in the CL thats fine by me, hopefully they keep being our best games so we can actually go far this year, and hopefully use that money to buy some good players!
Berlusconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 15:17   #406
kakajd
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

Im really feeling like this is our year......... I would absolutely love to watch another CL final with us there.

Actually had a dream, we got to the final, against madrid. Ronaldo scores to make it 1-0, but its a really tight game with the best players doing reasonably well.
Enters pato, does a barca where straight after kickoff he runs through and scores. Then Ibra gets going, things start to click and now pato and ibra are killing it.
85th minute, pato bursts down the left on the counter, crosses to ibra and the chests before over head kicking it to the goal. Best dream Ive had in a long time lol.
kakajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 20:49   #407
end-er
milanista

I'd love that but I think we are some distance from Barcelona and Madrid, they have better individual players than us. We can play them and we can beat them but we'd start as the underdogs.

We're not favorites for CL this year. I'm just glad we're getting in the last 8 and hope for the best.

Signature
end-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 23:05   #408
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post
Im really feeling like this is our year......... I would absolutely love to watch another CL final with us there.

Actually had a dream, we got to the final, against madrid. Ronaldo scores to make it 1-0, but its a really tight game with the best players doing reasonably well.
Enters pato, does a barca where straight after kickoff he runs through and scores. Then Ibra gets going, things start to click and now pato and ibra are killing it.
85th minute, pato bursts down the left on the counter, crosses to ibra and the chests before over head kicking it to the goal. Best dream Ive had in a long time lol.
Longest dream I've ever heard. Your dream lasted 90 minutes. Nice dream though
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 23:09   #409
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Damn it i bought a jersey with 7 cl patch will they change it to 8? or i have to buy another one
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 23:46   #410
nekky
Big Muffin

Fav. Players: Ibrahimovic Kaká Thiago Silva Shevschenko Cassano Pato Nesta Maldini

If we don't meet madrid or barca, I'm sure we can go on quite far. But I prefer meeting barca more than madrid, i hope they clash into each other in the next round or something. Madrid's speed is what would kill us, it works better against us than barca's tiki taka.
nekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 06:25   #411
deadnoob
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky View Post
If we don't meet madrid or barca, I'm sure we can go on quite far. But I prefer meeting barca more than madrid, i hope they clash into each other in the next round or something. Madrid's speed is what would kill us, it works better against us than barca's tiki taka.
I really hope Barca-Madrid meet next round as well (or even CSKA win ) so that Madrid can be eliminated.

I think Madrid is the only team we wouldn't be able to beat in the final or over two legs. Barca we'd have trouble with over two legs - but in a single game, we would have a decent shot at it.

It is hard to say what the outcome of many of the fixtures are right now, outside of Milan, Napoli and Barca, but all those other teams we are better than besides Real.

Of course this is all on paper, if we do meet RM we could very well crush them, but I really do fear their counter attack.
deadnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 08:18   #412
Sidd
सिद्धर्थ Rossonero

CL is alot about luck as well and given the way things are going, shit might actually get real BUT you can just imagine how much more smug B&G will get. As it is their ego has caused us to fall this far since our last CL victory, which is what will happen if at all we may go on to win this. We would definitely have to prove our steal against either Barca or Real.

Signature

Last edited by Sidd; 23-02-2012 at 08:20.
Sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 08:29   #413
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

It is definitely going to be hard to win the CL, especially this year where all the smaller teams are performing. Even Apoel is in round of 16 and can be in round of 8. I dont know shit about them but their here.

Basel beating Bayern, who the hell expected that? even though they still have to play in Germany
Berlusconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 09:25   #414
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

If we get to the QF we can do very good business on the European coefficient.
Liverpool, Porto & Lyon are just ahead of us and the first 2 are out of Europe. Besiee that there is a good chance that a few teams out of pot 1 don't get into the CL next year. Lyon ( currently 6th), Chelsea, Arsenal & Inter are in trouble.

This could mean we get a lot nicer draw next year.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 11:47   #415
Special One
Banned

Fav. Players: Ibrahimovic, Gattuso, Abate, Kaka, Inzaghi, Boateng

i'd be happy if we can get to semis, it would help the club a lot financially, and help us attract more good players. I actually think we can beat barca and madrid, they're not unbeatable.

on a side note, was watching marseille beat printer last night, that ayew is some player, so is valbuena and their RB. I wouldnt be too thrilled if we get marseille in QF
Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 01:22   #416
AC_Milan_Fan
Rookie

im loving how napoli is performing in europe. them beating some major teams from england and germany is very entertaining to watch. id love to watch them win at the bridge. hope we dont meet them later, just for diversity.
AC_Milan_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 01:49   #417
drobeck
Senior Team Member

I say bring on Real, Barca, or Bayern I sincerely think we can beat real and bayern people overate them on these boards, the only team that would probably beat us is Barca.
drobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 08:46   #418
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

I swear epl fans are a bunch of pathetic demented turds. So fickle headed, first they say arsenal will beat the crapout of an aging, languid milan side who have the worst midfield in UCL. Now, once they lost the first leg by a lopsided score, epl fans blame their riduculous display on a shitty arsenal side who lost players like cesc, nasri n clichy earlier this season and also on the pitch that is apparently too thick for their liking. Fucking poltroons, suck a knob. We are milan, the greatest side of all, we usually step up our game in ucl, even though that hasnt been the case for the past few seasons. Right now, i feel madrid n barca to an extent are a level above us, but if we manage to avoid them in the next round there is none to stop us from clinching our 8th ucl crown, because once we reach semi's i believe we will be transformed into a completely different milan side especially when momentum is with us.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 24-02-2012 at 08:49.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 09:08   #419
rosso_nero
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobeck View Post
I say bring on Real, Barca, or Bayern I sincerely think we can beat real and bayern people overate them on these boards, the only team that would probably beat us is Barca.
Beating a depressing team seriously got your hopes up.
rosso_nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 09:20   #420
Kasoka
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Van Bommel, Ambrosini, Shevchenko, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosso_nero View Post
Beating a depressing team seriously got your hopes up.
Besides Barca and Real every team seems to be an depressing team in the moment.
Kasoka is offline   Reply With Quote