The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 09-10-2019, 20:16   #41
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I think Pioli has begun well by shrugging off the fan protest and focusing on the next ten days. I'm beginning to get that familiar feeling of excitement during the early days of a new manager.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 20:17   #42
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I think Pioli has begun well by shrugging off the fan protest and focusing on the next ten days. I'm beginning to get that familiar feeling of excitement during the early days of a new manager.
At least we know one thing, Pioli doesn't appear to be a beta male cuck like GP, and that is a refreshing change of scenery

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 20:24   #43
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

The sartorial improvement is incredible of course.

Signature
Old 09-10-2019, 20:46   #44
Stitches
World Cup Winner

Excuse me, I'll just go sleep in the refrigerator.
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 00:14   #45
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Not that I disagree with you. But the bolded part is not saying much, because Giampaolo somehow pissed on our players morale and almost everyone is under performing.

In regards to Pioli, I hope he can at least get us to a EL position and I feel like CL is still achievable with this squad if we can get back on track quickly. We will see his work with Lecce.
Let me throw some reasons why I think he's a good fit

Players with a 433 but is adaptable to the players at his disposal. Used 4231 previously too. Having a coach w flexibility that won't waste our players potential is already a huge plus

Plays rather attacking football. Likes his teams to press and win the ball back quickly. Likes to have a lot of men running into the box, he highlighted that we need to do that a lot more in today's interview.

Good with youngsters and developing players

Despite a somewhat mid-table looking career, he had a very good spell at Lazio with them finishing 3rd. His win % at Inter was better than at Lazio and let's be honest they weren't exactly a stable squad 2 years ago. His Fiorentina team was pretty poor, but he finished 3 points behind Gasperini's Atalanta and showed some interesting ideas there.

Likes intensity and motivates players well. Apparently today's training was a lot tougher than seen so far this season.

I liked what he highlighted about individuals like Paqueta, Piatek and Suso (was asked specifically about them) he seems to understand their qualities and will try to work to get most out of them, rather than limiting them for DA SYSTEM

Sure I have doubts too... a few. On the good note he tends to do well in his first year, less so in the second (lol)

I would have felt safer w Spalletti but dont think this is a terrible appointment like its made out to be. Should check out J. Horncastle's word's about Pioli to Milan, v encouraging too.

Signature

Last edited by Mario; 10-10-2019 at 00:20.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 00:32   #46
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Let me throw some reasons why I think he's a good fit

Players with a 433 but is adaptable to the players at his disposal. Used 4231 previously too. Having a coach w flexibility that won't waste our players potential is already a huge plus

Plays rather attacking football. Likes his teams to press and win the ball back quickly. Likes to have a lot of men running into the box, he highlighted that we need to do that a lot more in today's interview.

Good with youngsters and developing players

Despite a somewhat mid-table looking career, he had a very good spell at Lazio with them finishing 3rd. His win % at Inter was better than at Lazio and let's be honest they weren't exactly a stable squad 2 years ago. His Fiorentina team was pretty poor, but he finished 3 points behind Gasperini's Atalanta and showed some interesting ideas there.

Likes intensity and motivates players well. Apparently today's training was a lot tougher than seen so far this season.

I liked what he highlighted about individuals like Paqueta, Piatek and Suso (was asked specifically about them) he seems to understand their qualities and will try to work to get most out of them, rather than limiting them for DA SYSTEM

Sure I have doubts too... a few. On the good note he tends to do well in his first year, less so in the second (lol)

I would have felt safer w Spalletti but dont think this is a terrible appointment like its made out to be. Should check out J. Horncastle's word's about Pioli to Milan, v encouraging too.
Yea, after calming down and making it past the initial unpleasant feelings, Pioli is actually not the worst choice given the situation we are in.

Let's hope he can do what he did at Lazio

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:03   #47
milanator
AC Milan Legend

In the great scheme of things he seems to be much closer to Rino than to GP in terms of his ideas and working style.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:35   #48
Saeed
Primavera Player

This appointment is a disaster waiting to happen. Not because Pioli is shit but because he will have 0 fan support. Last season was incredible in terms of fan support and I believe a big part of it was because of the fans' love for Rino. Now imagine if we drop points against Lecce or even win but not convincing. Fans would forgive Rino but not this merda fan. Only rookie managers (like ours) could take such an unnecessary risk. I hope it pays off though, otherwise another season will be wasted.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:39   #49
joyrider
Il Moderati

If he wins, the fans will love him immediately
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:19   #50
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

With the upcoming schedule things are not looking good...

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:35   #51
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Seems like a likeable guy. Giampalos expressionless face gives me nightmares.

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:06   #52
bluenine
Senior Team Member

I have rather found memories of Pioli at Inter. He took over a team playing shite and turned them around very quickly by playing simple, attacking football. He couldn't handle the prima donnas in the locker room after a while, and couldn't adapt once his tactics got found out. But overall he did a decent job.

Now Pioli is taking over a young team with few egos, and low in confidence. Its ideal for him, this Milan side is better suited to him than Inter was. I expect him to turn Milan around very quickly. Pioli is a smart tactical coach and he rarely chooses a wrong lineup. He has very clear and simple ideas of how to play, much easier to implement that Giampaolo's system. While CL qualification may look difficult, its not outside the realm of possibility for Pioli.

IMO Spalletti would have been a less risky choice, but Pioli is not that bad - better suited than the recent few coaches Milan have had.
bluenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:19   #53
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Do you also go on juve forums and preach the good word?

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:29   #54
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenine View Post
I have rather found memories of Pioli at Inter. He took over a team playing shite and turned them around very quickly by playing simple, attacking football. He couldn't handle the prima donnas in the locker room after a while, and couldn't adapt once his tactics got found out. But overall he did a decent job.

Now Pioli is taking over a young team with few egos, and low in confidence. Its ideal for him, this Milan side is better suited to him than Inter was. I expect him to turn Milan around very quickly. Pioli is a smart tactical coach and he rarely chooses a wrong lineup. He has very clear and simple ideas of how to play, much easier to implement that Giampaolo's system. While CL qualification may look difficult, its not outside the realm of possibility for Pioli.

IMO Spalletti would have been a less risky choice, but Pioli is not that bad - better suited than the recent few coaches Milan have had.
Thanks for the insights, bluenine.

Signature
Old 10-10-2019, 10:30   #55
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Welcome. Good luck. Don't dissapoint, get our shit together and get us that CL spot! Now that you're with us we stand behind you.

Forza Milan

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:57   #56
Pingu
Theonomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
If he wins, the fans will love him immediately
Considering it's Lecce I expect a win but honestly as long as the team actually perform and play actual football for once I'd be happy. That in itself would be a huge step up.

Signature
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 14:04   #57
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Can't wait for the game

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 15:39   #58
forward
AC Milan Icon

If we perform at least as good as we did under Gattuso, I will consider this coaching change a success.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 19:18   #59
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think he will do well. The squad is good enough, he's experienced enough
We have many good players, but there are some squad dilemmas that are impossible to avoid. And there will be RnB & Twitter whining over his player selection regardless of what route he takes.

Last year the team was only 1 point away from Top 4, but we've lost one of the keys to getting those clean sheets which the lethargic attack could lean back on.
Bakayoko was replaced by Bennacer who is simply not fit for the holding mid role in front of the defense, and I don't see the passing range(among other things) for a deep-lying playmaker role either. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly talented, but anchor is the not the role for him at this point in his career(and perhaps ever).
The post-injury Biglia was a huge downgrade from Baka, which prompted Rino to start him despite their differences, but even Biglia is a better option than Bennacer.

Then there's the Leao/Piatek dilemma.
We need a dependable CF, we need at least one reliable goal scorer.
Leao has outperformed Piatek in most aspects this season, but this is also because Piatek has been very poor in most aspects this season. We need his clinical finishing from last season back asap to have a chance at Top 4.
I think the best way to find balance with both of them on the pitch would be a 442/4411 - Leao in a free role behind Piatek.

Which brings us to the next problem.
We have plenty of players who prefer the left flank, but what about the right flank?
Suso has the left foot which has kept him off the bench, but he doesn't have the workrate which Pioli demands from his wingers. Would he bench him for Samu? That's very doubtful, at least for his initial 3-4 games.
A 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with Paqueta's, Hakan's and Suso's characteristics in the wide roles is very different from Pioli's ideals.
He could also move one of the left flank players out of their favored flank, like Rebic, but I'm not sure that's the best option.

Paqueta, Hakan & Bona all provide good reasons to start them, and good reasons not to start them.

It's a puzzle and I have much more faith in Pioli figuring it out, than Giampaolo(and the coaches before him).

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 19:24   #60
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenine View Post

I think you're dropping too many conclusions from a small sample though.
He didn't start nor finish a season with Inter after all.
There's only so much that can be done with the limited players he had to work with in those 7 months.
Icardi's injury was a blessing in disguise for Vecchi in the final games of that season.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote