Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
the game vs lazio was legitimately disgusting to watch

0 thought and effort during build up

Kessie - Bakayoko CM duo was destined to fail. I don't want to see them in the same midfield, let alone them being the midfield. Biglia, as mediocre/bad as he's been after injury gives another dimension when it comes to passing.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
idea for 343 was to lock middle with kessie-bako (and 3 cbs in defense) and play by our wings. laxalt and calabria/conti would have more freedom but it doesnt matter if our original wingers are pretty much useless.
latter both suso and saumel were coming back to the middle and did some playmaking job but they looked clueless anyway.
also laxalt+samu had good game in coppa iirc vs napoli so i can see some logic in using them now but i have low expectation because i dont see player like laxalt who plays once per month to have any reliable form.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The only thing more inept than Gattuso's tactics, is our management.

How the fuck did we change the management, and we are still in the same situation?

Hopefully they don't keep Gattuso as coach for the first team if by some miracle the players pull something out of their ass, and help him qualify the team for CL.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score

How the fuck did we change the management, and we are still in the same situation?

Hopefully they don't keep Gattuso as coach for the first team if by some miracle the players pull something out of their ass, and help him qualify the team for CL.

We are not in the same position. We are 4th and in a CL place with 5 games left. That is a massive improvement. They also signed exciting prospects in Paqueta and Piatek along with a good loan signing of Baka.

There has been improvement but it will take time to get back to being a top CL team. Silvio run the club into the ground and destroyed his legacy by failing to keep up with Juventus.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
111440033.jpg

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Rino has done a good job rebuilding Milan players confidence, now we need to work on collective mentality and success.
We don't need more individual performance, that's why I prefer someone like Mourinho for 2 years. Players should acquire a system and sacrifice their ego for Ac Milan success.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We are not in the same position. We are 4th and in a CL place with 5 games left. That is a massive improvement. They also signed exciting prospects in Paqueta and Piatek along with a good loan signing of Baka.

There has been improvement but it will take time to get back to being a top CL team. Silvio run the club into the ground and destroyed his legacy by failing to keep up with Juventus.

No thanks to him, other teams stumbling get the credit for that.

And no there hasn't been any improvement, our link up play has been shit for the past decade. We play with no team chemistry whatsoever.

Defense is no better or worse, if you do a average of goals leaked over the years.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

They were kind of stuck with Gattuso with Mirabelli giving up that ridiculous extension and did not really have time to find replacement.

This season, they wanted to give him as many chances as possible for old times sake. I am sure he won't last past this season.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have definitely made improvements and anybody who can't see that is blind. That said, are we a good team yet? No... but I do believe that it's close enough that we can almost fully rectify this with one more good transfer campaign.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
MilanNews' current poll:

Gattuso, goodbye at the end of the season or reconfirmation?
TOTAL VOTES: 5526
Reconfirm 18.24%

Farewell 81.76%

Ouch.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
While we have made improvements over any other managers tenure after Allegri left, these repeated periods of failure (for a month or so we play like shit, once every two months) has me losing confidence in Rino. The problem is exactly what he also refers to repeatedly. Some players play with the handbrake on, every few weeks. We need to understand why.

If at all we change the manager, I want Giampaolo or Gasperini or worst case Di Francesco. Certainly not Sarri or a foreign coach who’ll spend at least a season figuring out the league.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'm really disappointed that we didn't continue playing the attractive football we had during the first few games of the season. I guess you could relate it to injuries and defensive fuck-ups, but still... I think our overall result and position in the table is good, but the style of play is awful. It would easier to take a decision of keeping him as coach if we were 5th, but showing some excellent football. I don't think anyone relied on us getting CL at the beginning of the season anyway.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm in a constant mood of stress these days. 4th is within our grasp.

Please note that we have a very clear possibility to claim 6 points in our last two games. Frosinone and SPAL ffs. I expect us to win vs Bologna as well and if we can only win one of the games vs Fiorentina and Torino that should give us at least 12 points and a total of 68 points. THIS IS POSSIBLE

I'm saying so now, I'm staying hopeful even with a loss against Torino. But we will win.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
SPAL is arguably a better team than Fiorentina at the moment though. But having said that, their awesome form over the last month has seen them clear the relegation zone and will probably be comfortably mid-table by the time we face them. That's good for us.

Torino and Bologna are the toughest tests. If we get 6 points in the next 2 matches, the job is 90% done.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I'm in a constant mood of stress these days. 4th is within our grasp.

Please note that we have a very clear possibility to claim 6 points in our last two games. Frosinone and SPAL ffs. I expect us to win vs Bologna as well and if we can only win one of the games vs Fiorentina and Torino that should give us at least 12 points and a total of 68 points. THIS IS POSSIBLE

I'm saying so now, I'm staying hopeful even with a loss against Torino. But we will win.

I expect Frosinone will be mathematically relegated and SPAL will be mathematically safe by the time we play those games and have nothing to play for. If we don't fight harder than them it would be truly ridiculous.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I expect Frosinone will be mathematically relegated and SPAL will be mathematically safe by the time we play those games and have nothing to play for. If we don't fight harder than them it would be truly ridiculous.
Ridiculous is exactly what i expect at this point.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

It’ll never be 90% until the last whistle. We could beat anyone and lose to anyone no matter how shit theyre

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

We have definitely made improvements and anybody who can't see that is blind. That said, are we a good team yet? No... but I do believe that it's close enough that we can almost fully rectify this with one more good transfer campaign.
We have spent over 300 million in the last two seasons including 70 million in January alone. The squad not being good enough for 4th excuse flew out of the window long time back.

Compare that to our current opposition:

Roma sold half their squad and sacked their coach.

Atalanta sold half their squad and barely spent

Torino and Lazio barely spent.

So no offense, if you think our current squad isnt good enough for fourth thays just fuckin BS. Gattusos entire time at Milan has been just pockets of good form combined with a stretch of garbage. Its almost the end of the season and we still seem to have no semblance of attacking tactics whatsoever. A large number of our wins came through individual brilliance. I mean fuckin compare our squad with each of the others and tell me who would you have instead.

You dont need a fuckin perfect squad to get a 4th place spot. What you need is a coach who actually knows wtf he is doing. Gsttuso may turn out to be a good coach in the future but atm he is clearly out of his depth. Why else do we fall apart everytime we need to step up?

Its not just some players who are out of form. Almost every player on the pitch is playing like shit because they have no vlue what to do. And that falls on the coach.

So no, save me the BS that we are (were) still 4th because we have been good. We havent. We are fourth because our competition have been equally shit. But atleast in their case they have a valid reason to be.

It boggles my mind that peeps sti peddle the idea that we are not good enough for a 4th spot because we dont have the right personnel. Most of you saying that rated our last mercato 10/10.

I may not like Allegri, but he got us to CL spots with a far weaker team in a much stronger league.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We have spent over 300 million in the last two seasons including 70 million in January alone. The squad not being good enough for 4th excuse flew out of the window long time back.

Compare that to our current opposition:

Roma sold half their squad and sacked their coach.

Atalanta sold half their squad and barely spent

Torino and Lazio barely spent.

So no offense, if you think our current squad isnt good enough for fourth thays just fuckin BS. Gattusos entire time at Milan has been just pockets of good form combined with a stretch of garbage. Its almost the end of the season and we still seem to have no semblance of attacking tactics whatsoever. A large number of our wins came through individual brilliance. I mean fuckin compare our squad with each of the others and tell me who would you have instead.

You dont need a fuckin perfect squad to get a 4th place spot. What you need is a coach who actually knows wtf he is doing. Gsttuso may turn out to be a good coach in the future but atm he is clearly out of his depth. Why else do we fall apart everytime we need to step up?

Its not just some players who are out of form. Almost every player on the pitch is playing like shit because they have no vlue what to do. And that falls on the coach.

So no, save me the BS that we are (were) still 4th because we have been good. We havent. We are fourth because our competition have been equally shit. But atleast in their case they have a valid reason to be.

It boggles my mind that peeps sti peddle the idea that we are not good enough for a 4th spot because we dont have the right personnel. Most of you saying that rated our last mercato 10/10.

I may not like Allegri, but he got us to CL spots with a far weaker team in a much stronger league.

Although I generally agree, a team not spending doesn't mean their team is shit.

Atalanta has a worse team than us, fine, but them not spending or selling their players doesn't necessarily mean that.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Resign or get fired tonight please. Only shot at top 4 is not having you sabotage our last 12 points to play for.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A great, legendary player and an equally awful manager. Goodbye.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Get this dude out of Milan. Anyone still on his bandwagon?

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And now its too late to fire his useless ass. I said from the beginning that he didn't deserve the job, wish I was wrong.

Actually scratch that, I wish we had a competent management. Now we have to hope that Elliot doesn't sell the few good assets we have, and they get us a good coach for next season.

What's more likely to happen is that the few good players we have are sold, and then they hire another ex Milan player who has no good coaching credentials to his name.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
he'll probably finish the season here, but it'd be nice if he started reading the papers and fielding the formations suggested there, maybe that way we'll be able to win at least a couple of the remaining games

Schedule