The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Isnt Carrasco like 24? If this guy ever wanna be relevant he has to cut his wages and come back to Europe. Lets do this!

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Pls do it!!! Great. They can see what he offers.

I can live with this team untill summer ��

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Management are pushing for a 'dry' loan for Carrasco. They have no intention of signing him permanently.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Leonardo said in the Piatek press conference they want players who want to be here. They aren't going for the money chasing mercenaries. If that was the case then Carrasco would probably be at Arsenal or some premier league club by now.

:lol:

The guy went from Atletico Madrid to China at the age of 26 with only one thing in mind: money. He knew very well this would fuck up his career but he didn't care. Now you saying he's not a money chasing mercenary.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
As you guys probably know, I'm a pretty insular Serie A fan. I only watch Italian football and Italian teams in Europe.

What would you guys say Carrasco's strengths are? I have seen him for Atletico in CL, but can anyone give me a more complete opinion?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Now correct me if im wrong but didnt he played as a wing back for Belgium?

Truly I cant say but all I remember was him being in advanced positions and doing nada. He played very passive and didnt contribute or try anything decisive.

I didnt see pace, trickery or vision. It was very disappointing on a team loaded with youthful WC and near WC players.

Now I dont fault a player for chasing the money. Its their life and really I would make the same choice if I was just good at football and it wasnt my passion or my childhood team wasnt after me. I think all we can hope for is that the backlash has caused him to change priorities and their is enough talent there to help us.

I truly think this is the best deal - 6 months to see what he can give and wants to do while we also look for young alternatives who can explode for us.

VultureNut

Expiring Contract
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Vultures, Any free transfers, Fodder, Sub-par Fodder.

260px-N_20100712094940_leonardo_nascimento_de_araujo_leonardo.jpg

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
As you guys probably know, I'm a pretty insular Serie A fan. I only watch Italian football and Italian teams in Europe.

What would you guys say Carrasco's strengths are? I have seen him for Atletico in CL, but can anyone give me a more complete opinion?

He has pace, dribbling, great stamina and agility, even his shooting is above average. Also his time with Cholo at Atlético helped teach him defensive work rate also. He’s a complete winger but can be a bit of a ball hog at times. Honestly, he has few weaknesses as a winger.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zero complaints if we get Carrasco on a 6 month loan, or if Moncada + Leonardo feel like Saint-Maximin is the guy.

MilanCampeador

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Great dribbling skills, fairly fast and a big motor, although the coach needs to kick his ass to convince him to track back. Simeone knew how to do that at first but at some point that relationship broke down and it didn't work anymore, part of the reason he wanted out of Atletico.
He also has a fairly good eye for goals and is a more than decent crosser. In general, if he's willing to take a pay cut he could be a great addition.
The only question marks are his form and confidence. He's a guy who can be absolutely devastating when on form but infuriating when he's not, as he tends to be selfish and overcomplicate things. He might have problems raising his level again after China, and that might hit his confidence badly.
Can't see any better alternatives at this point though...

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
A €£$ motivated Carrasco looking to be relative again. If he is willing to lower his wages for the 6 months dry loan and plays his heart out with the prospect of a big wage packet at another club all good. If he can help us secure CL football he can go wherever he likes after the dry loan because we should be going all out for hungry players like Piatek looking to prove themselves at a top level - not players just chasing €€$$££

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks CapitanoMaldini and MilanCampeador. Yes, I suppose the question mark would be his motivation. But then Gervinho came to Parma from China and tore it up. Let's hope it works out.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
@Sage - Roma playing their first XI and 3 goals conceded already :lol:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His motivation should be to become relevant again in European football

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
Thanks CapitanoMaldini and MilanCampeador. Yes, I suppose the question mark would be his motivation. But then Gervinho came to Parma from China and tore it up. Let's hope it works out.

Axel Witsel has also played a big part in raising Dortmund's level.

Most players seem not to get affected at all...

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,

Deulo did fairly well here with a team half as talented and he is probably several levels below Carrasco as a player. He’s the best of the wingers we’ve been linked with although Bergwijn looks to have a very bright future.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I completely forgot Pastore plays for Roma now

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma are getting completely dismantled, would be embarrassing if Milan don't beat them

wish Milan had a player like Chiesa on the wings though :(

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carrasco on a 6 month loan is kind of a perfect solution for Leonardo. My fear all along was us getting desperate and spending on a half-ass solution (such as Duelofeu)... Get Carrasco, and then Leonardo and Maldini have the next 7 or 8 months to figure out a solution.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Romas defence... If we dont go for a win there we are stupid.

Chiesa still showing hes class talent

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The previous comments on Carrasco are on point.

To his credit, he likes to drift from the wings to the center, which is something I personally like. He likes to try things, he's got daring, he can play on both sides and often switches within games.

When he's played as a LW, he's a true inverted winger. He is very right foot dominant, he does not like cross with his left foot, and he almost always cuts to his right foot when he's attacking down the left. He seldom crosses with his left, but he tends to cross with his right. It tends to negate his pace, but his trickery is not be underestimated.

Honestly, his style of play is similar to Samu, not just because of build, but they have similar styles of flinging themselves into the fray, but unlike Samu, Carrasco can maintain possession of the ball better, has a better shot and end product.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Sort out the LW, LB and that third midfielder and we could easily be the second best team in Italy by this time next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule