The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Report: Gennaro Gattuso the Lowest Paid Manager in Serie A

That’s right, Gennaro Gattuso is the lowest paid manager in Serie A.

That is according to a new report coming out of Football Italia, where the AC Milan legend is reportedly on the same terms as his Primavera contract.

The former capitano had been in charge of the youth team, but stepped up to replace Vincenzo Montella in charge of the first team.

These details from the report are particularly noteworthy-

However, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that he’s coaching the Rossoneri first team on the same terms as the youth team, meaning he earns €120,000 per season.

That makes him the lowest-paid Coach in Serie A, with Fabio Pecchia at Verona in 19th on €250,000 per season.

Our former manager Vincenzo Montella, now at Sevilla over in Spain, reportedly made 3 Million Euros before getting the axe.

The development to follow now is if and when there will be contract negotiations with Rino, who has Milan performing well in 7th place on 38 points after the disastrous spell under Montella.

Still, the report is surprising with Milan being a major worldwide player in both notoriety and success over the last decade. You would think a pay bump would be something Rino did before taking the first team squad.

We’ll continue to keep you updated on this story as there are more developments.

We're doing well so the media gets its big shit stirring stick out.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
f+m did a very good job spending 200m this summer
they managed to cover 7 starting positions and bring in 11 new players

same market this summer for same/equal players may have costed over 250-300m
now that the base has been set we need to focus only on players that actually will make us better. a lot better

hopefully with sales we ll have 200m to spend this summer too. and focus them on 2(+1) players

keep wage budget low too and this can happen

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Focusing on season and actual games >>> mercato talk

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
f+m did a very good job spending 200m this summer
they managed to cover 7 starting positions and bring in 11 new players

same market this summer for same/equal players may have costed over 250-300m
now that the base has been set we need to focus only on players that actually will make us better. a lot better

hopefully with sales we ll have 200m to spend this summer too. and focus them on 2(+1) players

keep wage budget low too and this can happen

Too many transfer in summer though, 2-3 transfers less and some money to make adjustments in winter would have been much better for chemistry and building the squad.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Skriniar overrated ?? ..

Just gotta remember 2 things ; hes 23 and plays next to fodders in defense..

hes good on the ball, hes strong in the air on the ground , good tackler , Nesta likes him a lot , only player with Icardi worth taking

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Focusing on season and actual games >>> mercato talk

its rumours section...:fp::fp:

Too many transfer in summer though, 2-3 transfers less and some money to make adjustments in winter would have been much better for chemistry and building the squad.

we badly needed that

our squad was one of the worst in serie a after years of mismanagement(yet we paid more than napoli...)

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope its true we ll have 100m+ for summer. Sell kalinic and silva, maybe we can get 50 for both, add some fodders 20m+.

Sms for 70, belotti for 40 and some lw. Keep suso, ale, bonbon, conti etc. Add some experience, modric ll be dirt cheap etc.

Team s jelling fine it needs few difference makers beside suso.

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
U know what... Icardi has done a lot of fucked up things... and few years back i would hae totally agreed with diego.

But... I gotta give Icardi some credit. Italy came calling and he turned them down. This at a time when he had virtually no chance of gettin in the ARG NT...

Even more important than that is his ability to find the back of the net. And that too with a train wreck like inter is amazing :lol:

I'd take him in a heartbeat... and hes exactly the type of player who would make the move from cross town rivals :proud:

My only ??? is his ability to score in EL/UCL

We have a dedicated Mr.EL for that :lol::lol::lol:

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope its true we ll have 100m+ for summer. Sell kalinic and silva, maybe we can get 50 for both, add some fodders 20m+.

Sms for 70, belotti for 40 and some lw. Keep suso, ale, bonbon, conti etc. Add some experience, modric ll be dirt cheap etc.

some notes

1. sms is not going to be that cheap(imo he is way too raw and 70 would be an ok value but in todays market lazio are not going to sell for less than 110)
  2. we can get more for silva+kalinic.epl are ultra rich
  3. apart from the fodders you mention we still have to get money from(bacca, niang, lapa, berto which could equal 40-50 in total...not a small amount).so from 'fodders' we can get 50-70
i would try for one of modric or kovacic(or both for midfield)

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
modric will be dirt cheap as in we re talking about a poli here :lol: i wish

top class in his position

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Report: Gennaro Gattuso the Lowest Paid Manager in Serie A

That’s right, Gennaro Gattuso is the lowest paid manager in Serie A.

That is according to a new report coming out of Football Italia, where the AC Milan legend is reportedly on the same terms as his Primavera contract.

The former capitano had been in charge of the youth team, but stepped up to replace Vincenzo Montella in charge of the first team.

These details from the report are particularly noteworthy-

However, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that he’s coaching the Rossoneri first team on the same terms as the youth team, meaning he earns €120,000 per season.

That makes him the lowest-paid Coach in Serie A, with Fabio Pecchia at Verona in 19th on €250,000 per season.

Our former manager Vincenzo Montella, now at Sevilla over in Spain, reportedly made 3 Million Euros before getting the axe.

The development to follow now is if and when there will be contract negotiations with Rino, who has Milan performing well in 7th place on 38 points after the disastrous spell under Montella.

Still, the report is surprising with Milan being a major worldwide player in both notoriety and success over the last decade. You would think a pay bump would be something Rino did before taking the first team squad.

We’ll continue to keep you updated on this story as there are more developments.

He's also probably the richest manager in Serie A with what he made in his playing career. His salary will get adjusted if he is confirmed.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Modric would be something else, but its hard to imagine.

I agree that we need only 2-3 players for the summer.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I would even be ok with just keeping the current team and just adding a starting LW and CM (with another reserve winger and mid) while cutting out whatever dead wood was left from last summer.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
its rumours section...:fp::fp:

we badly needed that

our squad was one of the worst in serie a after years of mismanagement(yet we paid more than napoli...)

Yes and no. We needed transfers, especially because many players left but we did too much.

For example there was no need to sign two CBs with Roma as starter and Zapata, Paletta, Gabbia and Gomez as back ups. One would have been enough.

Conti, Biglia, Musacchio, Andre Silva ... signing half of them would have been enough and would have left us around 50m to work with in winter and helped with chemistry.

I would even be ok with just keeping the current team and just adding a starting LW and CM (with another reserve winger and mid) while cutting out whatever dead wood was left from last summer.

We need a RW, we have Hakan & Bona +Borini for LW. Behind Suso there is only Borini as RW, he is a good allrounder but he can´t be the only back up for such an important position.

Last edited:

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes and no. We needed transfers, especially because many players left but we did too much.

For example there was no need to sign two CBs with Roma as starter and Zapata, Paletta, Gabbia and Gomez as back ups. One would have been enough.

Conti, Biglia, Musacchio, Andre Silva ... signing half of them would have been enough and would have left us around 50m to work with in winter and helped with chemistry.

in the medium/long term you ll see the difference

paletta left for nothing cause none wants him(even on 1m/year wages...)
conti would help the team a lot when he returns
musa was supposed to be the pair of roma but then bonucci came out of nowhere
on andre silva i insist he is the most talented striker we have.he may not fit in serie a but still he has high resale value and he is not bitching till now for not playing.

mistakes made? yes ofc. but as mirabelli said none of them lost any value.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

The plan was to just sign musacchio. Bonucci, A Silva etc were opportunities that presented themselves and F&M decided to go for it.

Without Bonucci, I'm still guessing the plan was to use his money+ Kalinic money to get a top forward.

Its true that the squad is now competitive and should be in the top 4 (thanks montella)....we just need 2-3 more starters + depth to challenge for scudetto next season.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Skriniar overrated ?? ..

Just gotta remember 2 things ; hes 23 and plays next to fodders in defense..

hes good on the ball, hes strong in the air on the ground , good tackler , Nesta likes him a lot , only player with Icardi worth taking

People here are scared to admit that a good young player plays for Inter merda / Rube.

Let's say we got him this summer, he'd have been just as overhyped as Romagnoli here. Or if Romangoli joined Inter instead of us 3 years ago - next Bonera confirmed.

It's the same with Rugani.

Last edited:

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
both are better than rugani

roma is not hyped at all .
skriniar is a 30-40m rated defender.nothing less nothing more atm

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
in the medium/long term you ll see the difference

paletta left for nothing cause none wants him(even on 1m/year wages...)
conti would help the team a lot when he returns
musa was supposed to be the pair of roma but then bonucci came out of nowhere
on andre silva i insist he is the most talented striker we have.he may not fit in serie a but still he has high resale value and he is not bitching till now for not playing.

mistakes made? yes ofc. but as mirabelli said none of them lost any value.

Don´t get me wrong, they are not bad players, some might not fit into Serie a but there is nothing wrong with going for them.

But it´s not necessary to buy players for positions with enough depth if you have to deal with such a big transition period already. We had more than enough CBs, two RBs, two registas, an experienced and a young CF.

They made a hard cut where it was not really necessary and it did not work, these transfer could have waited 6-12 months.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
both are better than rugani

roma is not hyped at all .
skriniar is a 30-40m rated defender.nothing less nothing more atm

I agree that they both are better than Rugani now, but Rugani had some very good moments not long ago and yet everyone was shittin on him here just he's a Juventino. :D

I don't agree about that price tho, they bough him for 25m if I'm not wrong, I can totally see a PL club spending 60+ on him. Even read somewhere that Barca are prepared to bid 80m for him this summer.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Healthy Marco Reus is the second best player in the world, yes that good... he will never play a full season without getting hurt tho.. such a shame

I don't think he is the #2.....Maybe not even the #3.
CR7, Messi are definitely #1 and #2 (in whatever order you want). Then I think Neymar is the undisputed #3....possibly the #2 depending on how fast CR7 /Messi decline....Then there's probably Auba, aguero, hazard, robben, lewa, Salah ahead of him.

Top 10 sure. #2 Nah

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I don't think he is the #2.....Maybe not even the #3.
CR7, Messi are definitely #1 and #2 (in whatever order you want). Then I think Neymar is the undisputed #3....possibly the #2 depending on how fast CR7 /Messi decline....Then there's probably Auba, aguero, hazard, robben, lewa, Salah ahead of him.

Top 10 sure. #2 Nah

I was talking quality wise... technique, big game player etc... but ofc he’s never played continuously so ppl don’t see him up there with the elite names... for me, in terms of skills hes too good

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
I agree that they both are better than Rugani now, but Rugani had some very good moments not long ago and yet everyone was shittin on him here just he's a Juventino. :D

I don't agree about that price tho, they bough him for 25m if I'm not wrong, I can totally see a PL club spending 60+ on him. Even read somewhere that Barca are prepared to bid 80m for him this summer.

Wasn't he supposed to be one of their starter current season !?
i'm wonder why allegri have picked up fossil barzagli and benatia over him if he's that good !?

even sturaro supposed to be new vidal :lol: . lemina new pogba ! :lol: leali new buffon ... and bla bla bla .

and now rugani ... ! hmmm let me guess ... new chielini :lol:

I wonder why you're still here . i suggest you go back to rube forum and talks your bullshit there and support them and their players :cool:

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don´t get me wrong, they are not bad players, some might not fit into Serie a but there is nothing wrong with going for them.

But it´s not necessary to buy players for positions with enough depth if you have to deal with such a big transition period already. We had more than enough CBs, two RBs, two registas, an experienced and a young CF.

They made a hard cut where it was not really necessary and it did not work, these transfer could have waited 6-12 months.

first of, cutrone was not in anyones radar before this summer...
dont act as if we really counted on him.thats why we got andre silva.

secondly thats what im trying to say.that buying the same players this summer(2018) they would have costed 1.5-2x the amount. thats why i believe f+m did a good job even though mistakes were made.

seeing that now, we are in immediate need of players in just 2 positions. lw, lcm/cam. all the other positions are , one way or another somehow covered. that places us in a stronger position when we ll negotiate some deals.
however, if we needed to cover 6 positions(ofc the players we 'd had bought would be of higher level) but we would have been in a worst position cometh the summer.

about the price i mean, what's his price is according to his skill, if we look at it objectively.

but cause market is not objective i can see too a megarich EPL club paying 65m+ for him

i.e. van duyk is no way a 85m defender in a normal market. though loserpool managed to pay that much for him while bonucci was sold for 42m....
I was talking quality wise... technique, big game player etc... but ofc he’s never played continuously so ppl don’t see him up there with the elite names... for me, in terms of skills hes too good

:thumbsup:
Wasn't he supposed to be one of their starter current season !?
i'm wonder why allegri have picked up fossil barzagli and benatia over him if he's that good !?

even sturaro supposed to be new vidal :lol: . lemina new pogba ! :lol: leali new buffon ... and bla bla bla .

and now rugani ... ! hmmm let me guess ... new chielini :lol:

I wonder why you're still here . i suggest you go back to rube forum and talks your bullshit there and support them and their players :cool:
:thumbsup:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
first of, cutrone was not in anyones radar before this summer...
dont act as if we really counted on him.thats why we got andre silva.

secondly thats what im trying to say.that buying the same players this summer(2018) they would have costed 1.5-2x the amount. thats why i believe f+m did a good job even though mistakes were made.

seeing that now, we are in immediate need of players in just 2 positions. lw, lcm/cam. all the other positions are , one way or another somehow covered. that places us in a stronger position when we ll negotiate some deals.
however, if we needed to cover 6 positions(ofc the players we 'd had bought would be of higher level) but we would have been in a worst position cometh the summer.

Cutrone scored 4 goals and 2 assists in august after playing well at the end of the season and in summer preparation. Nobody would plan with him as a starter but Kalinic + Cutrone and Borini as back ups are not a huge risk.

I get your point but I do not think it was worth the trouble.
Inflation is high in the current transfer market but 1,5-2x seems exaggerated.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cutrone scored 4 goals and 2 assists in august after playing well at the end of the season and in summer preparation. Nobody would plan with him as a starter but Kalinic + Cutrone and Borini as back ups are not a huge risk.

I get your point but I do not think it was worth the trouble.
Inflation is high in the current transfer market but 1,5-2x seems exaggerated.

you get the timeline wrong
when silva was bought, cutrone was not considered even third option.
why you talk about kalinic?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you get the timeline wrong
when silva was bought, cutrone was not considered even third option.
why you talk about kalinic?

Cutrone was known in the club and it was clear at the end of last season that he would be part of the first squad as a talent/reserve.

We bought Kalinic as our starter which was a necessary move and Silva as a talent/possible future starter which is a luxury move if you already changing half the team.
They gambled on doing such transfers and it fired back.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying Skriniar is trash, but I'm saying he has been getting away with his overly physical play. It also him to paper over some gaps in his technical tackling ability. His passing also is off.

Look at the goal in Inter's last game. Now, the big blunder was highlighted by Miranda just smacking it into the air and letting Palacio get the ball to score. But if you watch him he makes these sorts of poor decisions a lot. People will focus on Miranda's hit, but if you look at the awkward pass you have to put it on Skriniar.

He's also not that athletic, pace rips him apart. He also ball watches a lot, check out Crotone's goal against Inter, confusion in the box, he watches the ball, then locks on the player who will get the ball--and gets stuck as he gets beat by the feint for the goal.

Hell, he gets caught ball watching again against SPAL, where he has 2-3 players in front of him, and seems more focused on the cross than the striker lurking in the box. Who happens to be Paloschi.

Maybe this is Spaletti's fault in what he is asking him to do? That's honestly possible. It looks like he's pushing zonal marking, but again, there's no doubt he has talent--but I've seen less from him than Romagnoli--who is actually the same age and plays with arguably less pressure. He's been called the heir to Samuel, but it's not the same when you're being called the heir to Nesta, at Milan, when you're also Italian and Milan is performing below what is expected. If Romagnoli was playing in England, I think a player being compared to Rio Ferdinand would feel more pressure even if Romagnoli was compared to some great player for whatever English club he was playing for.

It's not about hating someone from Inter, there have been Inter players that I'd love to have betray the snakes, but Skriniar isn't one of them. Icardi is an unlikable character, but he also seems to be more of an old-school striker. He's a world-class finisher, no doubt, and he doesn't seem to have the same big-game yips that Higuain has. However, when you look at how divisive a character he is it makes you wonder if he's worth it.

We need to score more goals, and right now, Cutrone's play has really opened up things for other players. Hakan has been scoring and assisting more, Suso is slowly getting back into things, but my biggest worry is Kessie. He really needs to rest, I feel like he could get injured if he keeps being played this much.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
When are we suppose to pay Elliot their money? Hasn't been any news on that front for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.