The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: What should the new commode name be?
Buy with obligation to loan or something. 24 47.06%
From Mandela to Mugabe? 27 52.94%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-09-2021, 06:44   #5601
Rossoneri97
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
At this point, does anyone know how large chunk of Zlatan?s wage is related to appearances, or are we just going to throw the number 7 million around?
Throwing it around possibly cause who the hell knew that Romag was on a yearly increase contract. So anyone saying it's appearance-based is pulling it out from their ass.
Rossoneri97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 07:28   #5602
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri97 View Post
Throwing it around possibly cause who the hell knew that Romag was on a yearly increase contract. So anyone saying it's appearance-based is pulling it out from their ass.
What the fuck does Roma’s contract have to do with the news that came out that Ibra’s salary is dependent on appearances?

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 07:41   #5603
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,

Zlatan has not gone to liverpool? I thought it was just an Achilles tweak? Regardless we have some good leaders still

Signature
New Era
BreadPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 07:46   #5604
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Pioli only needs to overcome his second season slump and qualify for the CL again (I don?t care about the Scudetto) and prove he?s not a one season wonder to earn my respect. I think that?s a fair request given that he?s never managed to do this before during his stints at Inter, Lazio + Fiorentina. Also, he?s competing against some of the best coaches in the world instead of Gattuso/Pirlo/Fonseca so it?ll be much more meaningful second time around.
Yeah but I heared that 2nd-season-argument already in summer 2020 (he took over in fall 2019) after our first incredible run.

He's actually almost two years with us now and the only time we hit a slump coincidented with our ridicolous and to no one else bar Liverpool comparable injury crisis (which you still haven't explained why it's no factor at all to you, like for real not even worth mentioning or at least acknowledging).

And now all of a sudden the "but last year he faced only noob coaches" argument pops up despite already beating coaches like Conte, Simone Inzaghi, Gasperini and Sarri. What's going to be the next argument when he has beaten Allegri, Klopp or Mourinho (touching wood)?

It feels to me like you're trying to avoid the injury argument at all costs and just trying to find new arguments to not acknowledge that Pioli simply is the best coach we've had since Allegri or even Ancelotti (probably averaging an even better PPG ratio despite not having the most superior squad in the league like the other coaches).

Last edited by Alo88; 15-09-2021 at 07:50.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 07:46   #5605
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

I hope Pioli has some aces up his sleeve. We can't just outplay them in the traditional way. I would like to see us approaching them more defensively than usual. This is a test of the highest level for our defensive game.

In attack we have plenty of speed and good passers. Given their high press, I won't exclude direct passes from Mike to Leao/Rebic. They are a very strong team, but we have our weapons and if used well, we can hurt them.

Signature
Top 4
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 07:55   #5606
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
So many different coaches have been considered losers before, y'know, they finally won something.

I wasn't excited about Pioli, I didn't go full on Pioli out, but I was just sort of... resigned to Milan being stuck in a constant state of rebuilding.

Pioli has surprised me. The thing that is a constant over his managerial career is that he's always been lauded for his ability to work on the mentality of his players. At Fiorentina in dealing with the tragic aftermath of Astori's passing, he was given a lot of respect in how he handled that.

Pioli has shown constant shifts and changes to his tactical approach with Milan. We ended our game against Lazio with a 442, and he's shown 352, and other various approaches. He used Rebic in a better way than he did from last year.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, the improvement in this squad, the growth of so many players, Pioli deserves a lot of credit. Pioli has defied all his supposed previous patterns, because every season is different.

While I hope that Pioli leads us to 10 straight CLs in a row, I think that whatever happens with this squad going forward, with Pioli or not, he's got to be given a lot of credit for this team's return.
Realistically speaking, this is the first CL game for 90% of our squad. This tonight could go from freaking glorious to a biblical slaughtering by Liverpool.

Knowing how well Pioli prepares his games, I expect us to do good tho.

However, even the many times praised Atalanta in his first CL outings two years ago got to eat some dirty shit. It would be no world ending event if it happened to us as well, although I'm very well aware that the usual suspects who are being exceptionally quiet these days will resurface and call doom and gloom on everything and everyone in this club.

Last edited by Alo88; 15-09-2021 at 07:59.
Old 15-09-2021, 07:57   #5607
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

And let me add this: Many experts have praised Piolis tactics and mental work on this team. Many experts who are known fans of other Italian clubs too. What they all steadily repeat is that Piolis Milan has the most "international mindset" in Serie A. Just like Milan used to have in the past.

We the fans called that CL DNA.

Let that sink.
Old 15-09-2021, 08:01   #5608
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Bravo Alo

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 08:04   #5609
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

CL Daaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 08:05   #5610
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Shut up with all the bickering and let's focus on sending good energy to our boiz
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 08:10   #5611
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
And let me add this: Many experts have praised Piolis tactics and mental work on this team. Many experts who are known fans of other Italian clubs too. What they all steadily repeat is that Piolis Milan has the most "international mindset" in Serie A. Just like Milan used to have in the past.

Let that sink.
As Pioli's #1 fan, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 08:12   #5612
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Let that sink.
A lot of it has to do with Pioli, but also Maldini and others. Maldini sets the tone and makes the final decisions on anything related to the sporting sector. I'm sure they decided on this playing style early on and Maldini kept things stable and made sure everything is as focused as possible on allowing Pioli the time to build the team. I don't think Pioli has ever had this sort of stability and long term planning where he has the time to develop the younger players who were chosen for our system and mould them into machines with the right mental strength to compete. Ibra has a lot of credit in this part as well, he's a role model for everyone to improve the level of training and shields the team from pressure.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 08:18   #5613
brk
AC Milan Icon

Hopefully by the middle of this cycle we would have a very strong and identifiable playing style where we can start to replace players (and even the coach) and not have to start from scratch. I don't ever want to make gigantic strategic turns every time we get a new coach with a completely different playstyle that demands an overhaul of the squad. It's really sad that we kept doing that for almost a decade and wasted close to half a billion euros on that. Decide on a playstyle then scout for the best players that fit for what you need. We're starting to do this now and it's showing some good results. When it comes time to move on from Pioli we should do the same, get a coach that can continue his work and keep building on the same core concepts.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 08:42   #5614
theduck7
AC Milan Legend

Genuinely don?t know how tonight will go, I was confident reading Kaka?s take but starting to get nervous, a pasting might set us back confidence wise but it?s great to be back amongst the greats

Signature

The Mighty Meelan
theduck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 09:24   #5615
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Good night <3

Show your face habibi
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 09:25   #5616
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
General??? Diavolo???

Is it true we playing the champagne football tomorrow??

We are the champagne mother fuckers
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 09:31   #5617
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Quote:

Let that sink.
Maldini did his job well. Great post

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa (in Milan)

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 09:38   #5618
Rossonero81
The Rank Outsider

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, van Basten, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Wait Hitchens wants to become a mod?
I would like to know what our closed community would think about that
I approve brother Hitchens as moderator.
Rossonero81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 09:41   #5619
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Maldini did his job well. Great post
Why not "Pioli is doing his job well"?

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 09:44   #5620
Hitchens
Evolving organism

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossonero81 View Post
I approve brother Hitchens as moderator.
Thanks brother.

I'd much rather have the registration issue fixed than becoming a mod, but we have trouble reaching David apparently.

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote