The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes his short passing is quick and efficient. He easily passes his way out of trouble. What’s so funny?

I mean are you surprised. These are the same people who classify Kessie as big strong dumb player. I have never heard a player called stupid more than Kessie, surprisingly I’ve never heard people call Hakan stupid, despite poor decision making all around. You put two and two together.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Re-reading Gazidis' statements re new coach and the last line convinced me Giampaolo's just a smokescreen. He's too much of a gamble and Elliott don't take risks with half a billion dollar assets. Expect a top coach to arrive.

“They’ll be chosen with care: their age or nationality doesn’t matter. What matters is that they’re suited to what we want to do and build.

“The choice of Coach, I hope with Maldini’s help, will be made calmly, studying every detail: history, character, profile, results, statistics. We don’t want to do anything wrong.

I’m very curious to see how you’d justify it when they announce Giampaolo. Did Gazidis go wrong? Did Elliott relax and not apply strict business parameters? Did Maldini poison the real Gazidis and dress up Ba as the fake one?

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Under Giam? But Milan were already looking at seni on necro's recommendation way b4 contact with Giam was made.

The management has been following my recommendations remarkably closely since Nov-Dec period. Piatek, Sensi, Giampaolo, Praet maybe. I don’t rule out the possibility of Maldini reading my posts here before walking into meetings with Gazidis.

I won’t lie, the responsibility is causing a bit of strain.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The management has been following my recommendations remarkably closely since Nov-Dec period. Piatek, Sensi, Giampaolo, Praet maybe. I don’t rule out the possibility of Maldini reading my posts here before walking into meetings with Gazidis.

I won’t lie, the responsibility is causing a bit of strain.

So if we shit, it’s your fault?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So if we shit, it’s your fault?

Certainly. From next season onwards, I can’t run away from the responsibility.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On another note can we just buy Moise Kean. The most obvious signing. Young, Italian and can play on the wing and as an SS. Very different to any striker we have, technical, fast and tricky.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Juventus will be crazy to sell Kean after his performances in the last 6 months. Also, minimum 70-80 million.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m very curious to see how you’d justify it when they announce Giampaolo. Did Gazidis go wrong? Did Elliott relax and not apply strict business parameters? Did Maldini poison the real Gazidis and dress up Ba as the fake one?

Kojak is never wrong. He's got Gae and a panel of Serie A experts on his side

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Happy Eid to the fellas who are celebrating it. How the hell did u quit smoking. I was battling so hard but I couldn’t.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juventus will be crazy to sell Kean after his performances in the last 6 months. Also, minimum 70-80 million.

His contract is expiring, he wants first team football, who knows maybe Raiola can cut us a deal.

Ok nvm, he renewed for 5 years. On to the next one.

Last edited:

gucciluc

Nesta
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldo Fenomeno, Thiago Silva, Zidane, Pirlo, S. Cazorla
Just read on a dutch website that we're interested in Adnan Januzai

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Suso for milik swap as Napoli are getting Zapata. Milik can be SS and a number 9

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just read on a dutch website that we're interested in Adnan Januzai

:lol::lol::lol::lol: What a blast from the past. Next will be Federico Macheda.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Cutrone and Piatek can coexist together in the Giampaolo system. They will be a nightmare to defend. As long as they learn how not to step on each others toes it can work.

Both extremely lethal finishers and have excellent timing. Having them both attack our crosses, and both peeling away from defenders will both leave space for Paqueta to move (since there's no free defender to push up on him) and the full backs to run into. I think they'll play better than what they've shown in Gattuso's 442 experiments, since they won't be expected to drop deep to link play too much.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Cutrone and Piatek can coexist together in the Giampaolo system. They will be a nightmare to defend. As long as they learn how not to step on each others toes it can work.

Both extremely lethal finishers and have excellent timing. Having them both attack our crosses, and both peeling away from defenders will both leave space for Paqueta to move (since there's no free defender to push up on him) and the full backs to run into. I think they'll play better than what they've shown in Gattuso's 442 experiments, since they won't be expected to drop deep to link play too much.

Too similar, will definitely step on each other's toes and it makes us predicable and one dimensional, especially seeing both players on the ball skill is limited. It limits us tactically as well. We need a player who can create and score, Piatek's creation is not great if you take a glimpse at his assists record, so is Cutrone creation record.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I won't deny that I would have preferred Gasperini, but i'm really warming up to the idea of Giampaolo. The fact that there won't be a total revolution tactically is a huge plus, as we can hit the ground running. With Gasp there would have been months of training to get the man marking system done right.

Giampaolo is much more of an evolution of Gattuso, with a patient possession game playing out from the back. Of course the narrowness is different, and the defensive block is different and there's two points in attack but the general playstyle is much closer to what Gattuso tried to build. It's a safer bet than Gasp, I guess.

I'm really excited to see the team's progress next year even if there aren't any major buys. The squad itself doesn't need a rebuild, just a few upgrades here and there and to replace the wingers with midfielders.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

Well, even if they would then at the very least 1 more striker would be needed in the squad and that might as well be someone starting quality and different characteristics.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I don't think they can. Cutrone is decent outside the box with the ball and is clever enough to run with the ball and find the other attackers. But Piatek is 80% finishing. And both of them together will really be very less flexibility required upfront.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Looks like the candidates for DS are:

Tare (Lazio)
Sartori (Atalanta)
Bigon (Bologna)

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Cutrone is mediocre. straight swap with kouame please.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
If we are going to a 4 3 1 2 formation we need two second strikers. It's not negotiable. Also we were linked to Dani olmo which makes sense now. He and paqueta as the cam players would be awesome. I expect us to splash cabs this summer. Not on stars but on talented young players. Otherwise the agreement with UEFA would not make sense.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
caldara was sold by jube because they knew about his injury prone condition.They scammed us yet again. confident With our Cb's? lol we still have Zapata. ofcourse we wouldn't be confident.

BS...Caldara barely missed a game for Atalanta over the past few seasons. Somehow we managed to ruin him just like Conti. No wonder Gazidis brought in Arsenal’s Head of Fitness lol.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

It’s simple...I won’t have to as they’re not dumb enough to hire him 😂 If they do, then I’m willing to pay for extended stays for both at the best psychiatric facility in Milano :lol:

Btw I’m still waiting for you to justify his selection. Why should a coach who finished 10th with Samp three times and has a comparable PPG to Miha/Zenga replace Gattuso who fell 1 point short? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to replace Suso/Hakan now that the squads accustomed to Gattuso’s system instead of changing things up?

Also, what makes you confident that Marco can fire us back into the CL with youngsters after failing to reach the Europa league with a young Samp? Do tell...

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Cool story bro.

Ag. Laxalt: "His desire is to stay at Milan"
04.06.2019 11:03 by Salvatore Trovato

Interviewed by Calciomercato.com, the agent of Laxalt, manager Ariel Krasouski, spoke of the future of the Uruguayan outside: "Next year the fans will see the real Laxalt. The player's intention is to stay in the club. "He firmly believes he can impose himself on the Rossoneri, but we need to understand what the choice of the club and the new coach will be. But I want to emphasize that the player is doing well at Milan right now and wants to continue in Milan. We will wait for the decisions of the others, "We did not move to find an alternative solution for Diego. Rumors also arrive here in South America, we only learn the news from the newspapers. For the moment it is only that, no one has contacted us. Milan has not called us or even the Turin or other clubs ".

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
It’s simple...I won’t have to as they’re not dumb enough to hire him 😂 If they do, then I’m willing to pay for extended stays for both at the best psychiatric facility in Milano :lol:

Btw I’m still waiting for you to justify his selection. Why should a coach who finished 10th with Samp three times and has a comparable PPG to Miha/Zenga replace Gattuso who fell 1 point short? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to replace Suso/Hakan now that the squads accustomed to Gattuso’s system instead of changing things up?

Also, what makes you confident that Marco can fire us back into the CL with youngsters after failing to reach the Europa league with a young Samp? Do tell...

Kojak you are really starting to annoy me. Name a top coach who achieved before becoming a top coach. Conte, Mourinho pre chelski, Zidane, guardiola ect were all relatively unknown before becoming what they were. Would you like someone like Ranieri because he won the pl with a shut team. Or maybe villas boas because he was a young super coach. Picking a coach is not like scouting young players. There are so many things that need to be analysed. Maybe the club sees Marco as a tactically astute, able to maximise player potential and also maybe he does have the temperament. Tbh u no shit and just talk as if you do. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule