The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
What new players would you guys want in midfield?
FFP is suspended due to covid-19 pandemic, so it's not really an issue to spend.

I kinda like Rashica, Auoar, Szoboszlai (if we can afford it).

Szoboszlai, Florentino ... with or without FFP restrictions, transfers should be surgically precise ... none of that wholesale buy, it's a waste

need a creative spark in the middle, mix of assist and goals: Szobozlai
need a pure DM to protect the defence + allow other mid to be more involved going forward: Florentino

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Victor is Nigerian... Nigeria is African royalty in terms of football. 1st choice Vic and then Daka.

We were linked with Osimhen almost every mercato for 3 years. Lille signed him for around 15M after having sold Pepe & Leao. Now he is worth 80M and we can?t pay that.

Daka will be cheaper considering that Haaland was sold for 20M, I think the max they could ask is 40M. Guy has incredible power & pace and scored 26 goals.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Saudis getting the rights to televise Serie A starting next season. They going to buy a club next?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
What new players would you guys want in midfield?
FFP is suspended due to covid-19 pandemic, so it's not really an issue to spend.

I kinda like Rashica, Auoar, Szoboszlai (if we can afford it).

Ibrahima Konate
Cancelo
Tonali
Sobo
Boubakary Soumare
Kai Havertz
Castrovilli
Chiesa
Victor Osimhen/Daka
6438879_thumb.png

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We were linked with Osimhen almost every mercato for 3 years. Lille signed him for around 15M after having sold Pepe & Leao. Now he is worth 80M and we can?t pay that.

Daka will be cheaper considering that Haaland was sold for 20M, I think the max they could ask is 40M. Guy has incredible power & pace and scored 26 goals.

I never heard of Daka until Mrki mentioned him... guy is just like Vic but bulkier (stronger).

Fund either Vic/Daka... just tell Rafael to feck off!

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I remember Carlo supposedly was upset they bought Dinho over Eto'o, Imagine if we got Samuel Eto'o instead of inter, he was available too, we got fucking huntelar or some bs cant remember

If we would have gotten Sneijder and Eto'o instead of Ronaldinho; the rebuild after 2007 would have been so smooth.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

whoever buys Osimhen for 80m will get will feel the same way Arsenal feels with Pepe...

last season when Pepe was wanted everywhere, i watched his vid and just saw a good player who was having the season of his life and probably won't be happening again... everything he touched turned gold ... some of the goals, the goalie "soft wrist" deflect it into his own net, a lot of finish are almost save. even in the dribbles, defender would luckily fall in front of him, or double contacts would fall in his favor.

same shit i see with Osimhen ... they're very good players but not 80M even in the current market.

there's a reason why Lille sell players right after their breakout season, Cairo of Torino should learn from it.
they're don't take the risk for the player to come back down to earth during the next season...

kudos to them though (lille) for creating that environment that allows the players to perform.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Same argument cud be used for Daka with smaller price... both having breakout seasons but ppl had heard of Vic 3 windows ago... Daka is the one who fell from clear blue sky.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You were favouring Daka more.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
You were favouring Daka more.

100%

would not if he was 40M+, and i 100% think he is better

let me simplify it.

approx 20M spent on player having breakout season ...worth it
approx 80M spent on player having breakout season ... NO

especially when it looks all the planets are aligned for him at the moment.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
100%

let me simplify it.

Both Vic & Daka are unknowns to me. Seen 2/3 yt compilations of each and like I written in past posts, I find them both equally impressive. But thats at 1st glace, like VS said, Daka seems to have more qualities, mainely strength... he looks more grown than Vic. If I were to assess them more I might even pick Daka over Vic.

Difference is that I dont care which might be the bigger financial risk.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Both Vic & Daka are unknowns to me. Seen 2/3 yt compilations of each and like I written in past posts, I find them both equally impressive. But thats at 1st glace, like VS said, Daka seems to have more qualities, mainely strength... he looks more grown than Vic. If I were to assess them more I might even pick Daka over Vic.

Difference is that I dont care which might be the bigger financial risk.

i think by your stance it could not be clearer that you don't care bout the financial risk.

my post in response/complement to VultureSheva's post, is about financial ... unfortunately that's the most important thing about transfers.

how we got here? i don't know.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
100%

let me simplify it.

Conti was signed after breakout season.

Btw what do you think about Alexander Isak, the one considered ?the new Ibra? even though he is yet to play full games, some big clubs want him.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Napoli seem to be concrete on Daka, and Lazio on Szobo. It would be sad to see Serie A clubs taking them.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Same argument cud be used for Daka with smaller price... both having breakout seasons but ppl had heard of Vic 3 windows ago... Daka is the one who fell from clear blue sky.

Patson Daka career is this:

Kafue FC - Zambia club
FC Leifering - Another Red Bull club in Austria.
RB Salzburg.

RB must have some great scouts. Another talent they signed from Zambia is Enock Mwepu (midfielder). Both playing in national team.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
nope, they would have been sold to even the books

It is known

We were fine with Ibra and TS - they couldve continued Milan being around the top clubs and we couldve found multiple players to compliment them and try to go for more CL's but we decided to 'balance the books' and mediocrity ensued.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Conti was signed after breakout season.

Btw what do you think about Alexander Isak, the one considered ?the new Ibra? even though he is yet to play full games, some big clubs want him.

Imagine we paid 60-80m for Conti.

Isak?s dribbling, Quickly going through players Reminds me of our Leao.
He seems a better finisher though.

He?s one name We?ve Been hearing for a while now, I guess he?ll cost a pretty penny.

Though, style wise, attribute wise and probably price wise, I like Daka better. I only seen and heard of him yesterday lol.... I?m not gonna say quality wise because that will be determined by time.

Indeed Missing on Szobozlai could be a big missed opportunity (we?re not linked to Daka at all)...but I have this positive feeling that with Rangnick, even if we miss out on those names, he has a list of those kind of talents... 75 Szobozlais and 82 Dakas ... he knows where the factory is lol.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
whoever buys Osimhen for 80m will get will feel the same way Arsenal feels with Pepe...

last season when Pepe was wanted everywhere, i watched his vid and just saw a good player who was having the season of his life and probably won't be happening again... everything he touched turned gold ... some of the goals, the goalie "soft wrist" deflect it into his own net, a lot of finish are almost save. even in the dribbles, defender would luckily fall in front of him, or double contacts would fall in his favor.

same shit i see with Osimhen ... they're very good players but not 80M even in the current market.

there's a reason why Lille sell players right after their breakout season, Cairo of Torino should learn from it.
they're don't take the risk for the player to come back down to earth during the next season...

kudos to them though (lille) for creating that environment that allows the players to perform.

Rumor is Napoli is going for Osimhen after selling Milik. But no one is going to pay anywhere close to 80M for him.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Imagine we paid 60-80m for Conti.

Isak?s dribbling, Quickly going through players Reminds me of our Leao.
He seems a better finisher though.

He?s one name We?ve Been hearing for a while now, I guess he?ll cost a pretty penny.

Though, style wise, attribute wise and probably price wise, I like Daka better. I only seen and heard of him yesterday lol.... I?m not gonna say quality wise because that will be determined by time.

Indeed Missing on Szobozlai could be a big missed opportunity (we?re not linked to Daka at all)...but I have this positive feeling that with Rangnick, even if we miss out on those names, he has a list of those kind of talents... 75 Szobozlais and 82 Dakas ... he knows where the factory is lol.

This report from March says he was on our list

Zambia national team striker Patson Daka has emerged on the radar of AC Milan as a possible replacement for Swedish legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who may be on his way out after the season.

The Rossoneri have already lined up eight youngsters who could replace the maverick forward should he end his second spell at San Siro in June.

Others are Nigerian, Victor Osimhen of Lille, Myron Boadu of AZ Alkmaar, Donyell Malen of PSV Eindhoven, Alexander Sorloth, who plies his trade in the Turkish league, Shon Weissman of Wolfsberger, Jonathan David, and Roman Yaremchuk both of Dinamo Kiev.

http://sportscorna.com/index.php/20...daka-as-possible-replacement-for-ibrahimovic/

But you know, Rangnick will have different ideas from Maldini, even if this rumour was true. He could listen to Moncada though.

Last edited:

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Weah was a great player, but lets not act like he didnt get the Balon D'or because they wanted to give it to an african player.

Eto'o and Sheva were superior players. Milan Sheva was a beast, but Eto'o is just too consistent throughout his career.

Tbh I rate Eto'o, Sheva, Henry around the same.

True all great players and in truth I really thought Maldini deserved the 1995 Balon D’or. I was happy for Weah but annoyed Maldini didn’t get it. Baresi and Nesta also deserved to win the Balon D‘or.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I doubt it. A successful period would have avoided sales being made.

To think we spent more on Ronaldinho + Pato than Inter did for Sneijder + Eto'o :fp:

You criminally underrating the Dr.

There was no plan to make this a sustainable business, 0... so no sustainable success.

No plan on growing the brand, to increase revenue to be able to be (stay) a top club...
Without that you will constantly have to ?balance the books?

In the 80?s 90?s, clubs were ran on some amteurish, pop & mom level ... so whoever got the most money, and a good culture, succeeded. And we were shining.
In the 2000?s with money significantly increasing in the game , the big boys modernized, got competent professionals to run their shit... marketers, finance people l, strategists, football directors etc ... they structured themselves like top companies...we stayed in the past with the Dr occupying every significant position.

Doesn?t matter who we had in the late 2000s... our success was tied to ?how much the generous president want to spend this summer.? And that?s not sustainable.
that was no longer enough because there were now people with more money in football + they were better organized.

A team like Atl?tico, generated their money to get where they are by smart transfers and brand growing strategies. Even though Now they?re wasting money 120m For 19yo ... they?ll be balancing books soon lolll...
love our ?senators? but if the business was well ran, we would have only had 2-3 of these 10years Milan career players ... the rest should have been gradually cashed on at some point to rejuvenate the team with younger talent to ?sustain? our success... sure we would get it wrong with some, resulting in some ?down? periods like Real Madrid ?down? time in the past 2 seasons. Meaning still at the top but not the best...but not to the point where you vanish from top for 10+ years ...

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
This report from March says he was on our list

Zambia national team striker Patson Daka has emerged on the radar of AC Milan as a possible replacement for Swedish legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who may be on his way out after the season.

The Rossoneri have already lined up eight youngsters who could replace the maverick forward should he end his second spell at San Siro in June.

Others are Nigerian, Victor Osimhen of Lille, Myron Boadu of AZ Alkmaar, Donyell Malen of PSV Eindhoven, Alexander Sorloth, who plies his trade in the Turkish league, Shon Weissman of Wolfsberger, Jonathan David, and Roman Yaremchuk both of Dinamo Kiev.

http://sportscorna.com/index.php/20...daka-as-possible-replacement-for-ibrahimovic/

But you know, Rangnick will have different ideas from Maldini, even if this rumour was true. He could listen to Moncada though.

Sweet! Knowing what happened in January, Maldini and Boban not really free to sign players. pretty much Gazidis had made his mind on Rangnick ....I ?chose? to believe that any rumors from March and on are Rangnick related lol. So let?s hope it materializes

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Franco, Paolo, Nesta... Savicevic.

Those players were robbed of a Balon D'or... the award is poorer for it.

Laudrup is another.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You criminally underrating the Dr.

There was no plan to make this a sustainable business, 0... so no sustainable success.

No plan on growing the brand, to increase revenue to be able to be (stay) a top club...
Without that you will constantly have to ?balance the books?

In the 80?s 90?s, clubs were ran on some amteurish, pop & mom level ... so whoever got the most money, and a good culture, succeeded. And we were shining.
In the 2000?s with money significantly increasing in the game , the big boys modernized, got competent professionals to run their shit... marketers, finance people l, strategists, football directors etc ... they structured themselves like top companies...we stayed in the past with the Dr occupying every significant position.

Doesn?t matter who we had in the late 2000s... our success was tied to ?how much the generous president want to spend this summer.? And that?s not sustainable.
that was no longer enough because there were now people with more money in football + they were better organized.

A team like Atl?tico, generated their money to get where they are by smart transfers and brand growing strategies. Even though Now they?re wasting money 120m For 19yo ... they?ll be balancing books soon lolll...
love our ?senators? but if the business was well ran, we would have only had 2-3 of these 10years Milan career players ... the rest should have been gradually cashed on at some point to rejuvenate the team with younger talent to ?sustain? our success... sure we would get it wrong with some, resulting in some ?down? periods like Real Madrid ?down? time in the past 2 seasons. Meaning still at the top but not the best...but not to the point where you vanish from top for 10+ years ...

I'll give you that. :g: worried more about those Genoa deals in his last years here than putting the team back on the map.

Though I still think those two players would have boosted our squad a lot, especially if the scudetto winning squad stayed the same minus a couple forwards.

Atletico is a good model to follow. They scout really well and sell players at the right time. Not to mention they're financially stable now thanks to their new stadium.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Is there any option to make photos smaller in this old version of vbulletin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule