Reaction score
xuCsps3.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/6l6e4by.gif

cpxJ3gg.gif

TY4wZ9F.gif

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Samu hits far better crosses, corners and passes, has superior vision and is less likely to lose the ball in a stupid manner.

Alexis is less inclined to cut in with the ball at his feet, but more likely to make off ball runs into the box - this has helped in certain transitions to attack and overwhelmed opponents.
He's also less likely to avoid physical battles, as someone else mentioned.

Both are hardworking, energetic, comfortable with midfield duties and far better RW/RM options than Paq.
However Samu is the clear choice for now. There's more end product and self-awareness.
None of them are dependable goalscorers, but Samu has a big advantage as a left-footed player on the right flank.
I can't see Alexis score, without GK howlers or dummies that confuse the keeper.

I would argue that the advantage is with Salemaekers being right footed. Castillejo being left footed slows him down. It's only an advantage when the full back behind you occupies the space on the wing which neither Conti nor Calabria do as often as Theo does on the left flank with Rebic or Hakan

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would argue that the advantage is with Salemaekers being right footed. Castillejo being left footed slows him down. It's only an advantage when the full back behind you occupies the space on the wing which neither Conti nor Calabria do as often as Theo does on the left flank with Rebic or Hakan

Being right-footed on the right flank is an advantage or disadvantage depending on the situation.
Some of the pros that I listed of having Alexis on the right flank is due to him being right-footed.

Samu has an advantage, as a left-footed player, if we depend on goals from the RW. He cuts in from the right and can curl it in towards the goal with his preferred foot.
Pretty much every left-footed wide forward prefer the left flank as starting point, and vice versa.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Being right-footed on the right flank is an advantage or disadvantage depending on the situation.
Some of the pros that I listed of having Alexis on the right flank is due to him being right-footed.

Samu has an advantage, as a left-footed player, if we depend on goals from the RW. He cuts in from the right and can curl it in towards the goal with his preferred foot.
Pretty much every left-footed wide forward prefer the left flank as starting point, and vice versa.

That?s why it is good to have both fit.
If needed they can be subbed depending on the opposition. This is not 100% waterproof but tactically...from ?cutting in to hugging the line? are great tools to have in the squad.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
He should learn to celebrate better, he does not need to mix it with Kessie's way.

He should learn to become a great player first, then he can satisfy the people who care about celebrations later :thumbsup:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
World class wingers plays usually in the opposite side of their preferred foot (es. right footed lw) but they can also use their weak foot too so they are not predictable.

An exception are ultra-pacey wingers, which are more often best in the same side of their preferred foot

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He could probably score a lot of goals from late runs into the box from the left flank. He's getting into the right positions at the moment, but the passes are coming from the wrong direction. He can't shoot with his left.

His technique is weird. Can't shoot with his left and makes a lot of technical mistakes, but the way he controls even the most difficult passes is Dinho level.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
What kind of shit defending is this from Kalulu. Better keep Calabria :fp:
Saelemaekers is rightfooted, so what do you do as a defender in that position... make sure he can't cut inside and shoot on target. Kalulu has to cover Saelemaekers in that way that he can't do anything else but cut outside, and then he will have to turn back and pass back (the needle is out of the attack) or he has to try to cross with his bad left foot which can still be blocked. Where do we get these people

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Saelemaekers is rightfooted, so what do you do as a defender in that position... make sure he can't cut inside and shoot on target. Kalulu has to cover Saelemaekers in that way that he can't do anything else but cut outside, and then he will have to turn back and pass back (the needle is out of the attack) or he has to try to cross with his bad left foot which can still be blocked. Where do we get these people

Lets be real, defenders suck ass these days. I don't expect much from Kalul, but he's young and has a lot of potential so let's see how he grows over this next season. Also, maybe Saelemaekers could learn to be a great RB. He has a ton of motivation and drive and if he could become better defensively he would be a very skilled, hardworking, and decently quick RB. IMO we should be trying him at RB for some time to see if this can be the missing link and not have to go and buy one.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
so this was this big kalulu mistake??:lol::lol::lol:
saele did correct winger play and most of the defenders would struggle to deal with this
only way to play against it would be contact play but ... its training, first game of preseason.... and kalulu just came here

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
so this was this big kalulu mistake??:lol::lol::lol:
saele did correct winger play and most of the defenders would struggle to deal with this
only way to play against it would be contact play but ... its training, first game of preseason.... and kalulu just came here

Everyone was putting in 40% effort. Nice finish but Kalulu wouldn't let this happen in Calcio

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
well yeah, of course it's just training and maybe this doesn't say too much about the quality of our players but still. As a promising young RB, you expect him to not make mistakes against these basic defending things. Hopefully the raw edges will go away in his time here

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Right now, a promising all around player.

His runs, passion and determination fits the bill.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Stupid comment

Didn't you watch Theo's poor reaction in Daniel Maldini's goal? It's training...

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Alexis and Belgium U21 killing Germany right now:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Stupid comment

Didn't you watch Theo's poor reaction in Daniel Maldini's goal? It's training...

I think you guys never played football before, or at least not on at a high level. Trainings are what coaches base on to see if someone is fit or not. Come 10 seconds late for training and pay a fine, train like a bum and risk your spot in starting eleven. Why do you think a lot of players get bought by a club but never get playing time. Training is the only time coaches get to see what someone is capable of. That's how important training is, so don't tell me it's a stupid comment, because you clearly don't know what you're talking about

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He could probably score a lot of goals from late runs into the box from the left flank. He's getting into the right positions at the moment, but the passes are coming from the wrong direction. He can't shoot with his left.

His technique is weird. Can't shoot with his left and makes a lot of technical mistakes, but the way he controls even the most difficult passes is Dinho level.

RB-like technique,

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Great showing today. Played much better than Samu from the first minute he was subbed on. Has a lot of potential for sure.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Another masterclass transfer from Paolo?

I had a feeling he would surprise us.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
i love this guy, MA QUE GIOCA

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I still think he has potential to score more from the left flank.....but I don't think I want to see him as LW ever again after the horror show against Rovers.
A much better performance against Bologna where he was back in his usual flank.
Deserves a starting role ahead of Samu at the moment.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
applause.gif

Redeemed himself at LW.

What a utility player. Love him.