Week 32: Milan vs Lazio 13/04/2019 20:30 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Time to write a match report.

Me and my brother went on a complete bender yesterday and drank from morning until night. We had planned to meet up with necro at a restaurant just before the game, but we managed to fuck up our subway transfer and ended up trying to get a taxi instead, managed to get to the stadium in time but were unable to meet necro unfortunately.

When we entered the arena we were weirdly waved into the wrong entrance, and ended up at the Curva Sud instead, but we were able to get into the right "zone" anyway. I had hyped the experience to no end for my brother and I told him to go into the stadium to get the feel while I fetched drinks. He displayed total apathy for the first 30 minutes, completely knocked out by the sheer size of San Siro and the general atmosphere :lol:

As for the game itself it's always very different to watch it live versus on the tv. It was always going to be a hard fought match, but I think we looked the stronger side even tho Lazio had some big chances. Big ups to Reina who I think played a perfect game. Love him. Kessie and Bakayoko were also dominant, and I liked Hakans performance as well.

It was so fucking epic the whole heaven-hell-heaven experience with the penalties. Completely bonkers to see live. In the end Kessie converted and the roof came off, and the last 15 minutes were terrifying. We had to win and everyone knew it, and we managed it. Had a great time with the people who sat around us and it really felt as if we had won the game from the stands.

I found out that I have to read up on the lyrics, but that didn't stop me from singing. Next time I want to stand in the Curva I think.

Today we went to Casa Milan to see the museum, and we met up with necro and his lovely wife to have lunch after we'd both been to the museum. Very pleasant meeting, I can really recommend meeting up with other RnBers, we have something in common :)

Not going back until tuesday, so we still have some time to kill. Will catch Liverpool-Chelsea at a pub later and then just chill. Very grateful for nonsonoquis tip about Navigli, we're really liking it here and our host even folds our clothes while we're out and about... :lol:

Alé, Alé, Alé Milan Alé!!!

Oh and necro has the pics

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Necro?????????

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Me and my brother went on a complete bender yesterday and drank from morning until night. We had planned to meet up with necro at a restaurant just before the game, but we managed to fuck up our subway transfer and ended up trying to get a taxi instead, managed to get to the stadium in time but were unable to meet necro unfortunately.

When we entered the arena we were weirdly waved into the wrong entrance, and ended up at the Curva Sud instead, but we were able to get into the right "zone" anyway. I had hyped the experience to no end for my brother and I told him to go into the stadium to get the feel while I fetched drinks. He displayed total apathy for the first 30 minutes, completely knocked out by the sheer size of San Siro and the general atmosphere :lol:

As for the game itself it's always very different to watch it live versus on the tv. It was always going to be a hard fought match, but I think we looked the stronger side even tho Lazio had some big chances. Big ups to Reina who I think played a perfect game. Love him. Kessie and Bakayoko were also dominant, and I liked Hakans performance as well.

It was so fucking epic the whole heaven-hell-heaven experience with the penalties. Completely bonkers to see live. In the end Kessie converted and the roof came off, and the last 15 minutes were terrifying. We had to win and everyone knew it, and we managed it. Had a great time with the people who sat around us and it really felt as if we had won the game from the stands.

I found out that I have to read up on the lyrics, but that didn't stop me from singing. Next time I want to stand in the Curva I think.

Today we went to Casa Milan to see the museum, and we met up with necro and his lovely wife to have lunch after we'd both been to the museum. Very pleasant meeting, I can really recommend meeting up with other RnBers, we have something in common :)

Not going back until tuesday, so we still have some time to kill. Will catch Liverpool-Chelsea at a pub later and then just chill. Very grateful for nonsonoquis tip about Navigli, we're really liking it here and our host even folds our clothes while we're out and about... :lol:

Glad you had a great time. I was thinking about you and necro while the San Siro was in full voice. The SS has been the best it has been in many years this season.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good to hear you had a fantastic time Hitchen! Thanks for the live report :)

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

:star::star::star:

Loved reading this post.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
vyZEpdQ.jpg

mlLdchF.jpg

Boys' just wanna have fun

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brief match report: Had a ball.

We really controlled the midfield and that mattered in the end. Final ball was poor throughout with some improvement in 2nd half.

Bakayoko was awesome, he makes Lazio midfielders change their positions so much but to no effect. Hakan was a part of everything good we did, but also many things bad. His technical quality is so obvious though when you watch him live. Romagnoli’s reflexes and composure is brilliant. He is one of the best in the league. These 3 guys are my favourites to watch live in this Milan. (Haven’t seen Paqueta live yet)

After the changes, Borini pretty much played as a winger, so it was more a 3-4-3, and Gattuso and Riccio were constantly asking the players to give the ball to Borini who was in acres of space. Hakan’s inserting run with the ball in the area was directly a result of these changes and would’ve resulted in the goal via the cancelled penalty.

Luckily justice prevailed immediately afterwards. Kessie kept growing in the match, he was muted in the first but moved more vertically in the second and that helped.

Zapata didn’t put a foot wrong.

Reina seemed to be in really sharp form.

Suso has a lot of conversations with the coaching staff throughout the match. They are really trying to help him get over this slump. Poor guy almost managed it towards the end.

Only one who was really poor was Calabria. Piatek also was mediocre and dived a little too much.

But what an awesome win!
Thank you for that report!

Concerning Hakan: Couldn't put it into better words. Yesterday I literally thought during the 1st half that if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have any creativity on the field. You can clearly see from the way he stops, passes and shoots how technically gifted he is. But in the same time he misplaced so many easy passes that a Hakan in full form never would. He got better in the 2nd half, that's why I put him in our Top 3 against Lazio as I think he and Baka were key to hold Lazio so well in midfield.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

When we entered the arena we were weirdly waved into the wrong entrance, and ended up at the Curva Sud instead, but we were able to get into the right "zone" anyway. I had hyped the experience to no end for my brother and I told him to go into the stadium to get the feel while I fetched drinks. He displayed total apathy for the first 30 minutes, completely knocked out by the sheer size of San Siro and the general atmosphere

Not going back until tuesday, so we still have some time to kill. Will catch Liverpool-Chelsea at a pub later and then just chill. Very grateful for nonsonoquis tip about Navigli, we're really liking it here and our host even folds our clothes while we're out and about...

Well done

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Glad you had a great time. I was thinking about you and necro while the San Siro was in full voice. The SS has been the best it has been in many years this season.

Thank you bro! The curva was way crazier when I visited in 2006 and 2008, but it was still great. Feels a bit watered out with fewer hard liners and so many "mainstream" fans just playing the role of an ultra. In 2006 it felt like a boiling kettle with flares and smoke everywhere. So happy for this win!

Necro is a super cool dude btw. Clearly very competent and successful. I learned a lot from both him and his wife during our 1hr cozy lunch

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My douchebag friends have given me two incredibly lol nicknames, depending on your preference:

Jason Fatham

Or

Fatt Damon

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Great posts Hitchens! Glad you also liked Navigli. :)

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thank you bro! The curva was way crazier when I visited in 2006 and 2008, but it was still great. Feels a bit watered out with fewer hard liners and so many "mainstream" fans just playing the role of an ultra. In 2006 it felt like a boiling kettle with flares and smoke everywhere. So happy for this win!

Necro is a super cool dude btw. Clearly very competent and successful. I learned a lot from both him and his wife during our 1hr cozy lunch

Milan was still Milan then. We will get back there and it’ll be a great and intimidating atmosphere again.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Lovely
f015dd8d-1bc9-4b15-88d9-d2d8f07cb9b4.jpeg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

callemann

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigio D
Ciao ragazzi! (buonasera-ish) Had a fucking amazing night yesterday. Perfetto drunk, but San Siro touched me somewhere i should’ve been touched more. I barely remember the experience, but somehow apathy took charge. I dont even know WTF to say, but im definetely(?) coming back as soon as possible, cause the brotherhood i just entered is the best in the universe. FORZA FUCKING MILAN. I love u guys

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
With Hitchens at Casa Milan
3ec8f141a7fff3366ca8f25ebf72a421.jpg

6fa70d7d809e178ce109a32a94d58dad.jpg

Contemplating the Campiones

a02a80333e8ee3267728a23806627e49.jpg

Checking out wireframe model of Silvio’s helicopter

ff52c6613ab7a60092b0c13797da0e87.jpg

San Siro <3

0f844fb3faf5895051e020f68be41c1c.jpg

Curva

1ce9925496a0069e467d401190ab5bb4.jpg

Kept trying to tell Gattuso that RnB wants Riccio fired.

a008e71a26927cdbaf68caa97214864e.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

We were really lucky to have been there for such a momentous game! The curva was really at top level, they never stopped.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Your seats were so close :star:

Grande Necro

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

It was awesome to meet you guys man! My first real life meet up of someone from RnB and I’m glad it was you guys..and now I have yet another reason to love Norway :)

Thank you for putting up with the hangover to meet us ;)

p.s. looks like I’m getting a lunch box from Milan Store.

Schedule