Cristian Zapata Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
It's not his fault if we don't have a playmaker, how many times have we said that we need a replacement for Montolivo. Unfortunately, so far Cristante is not starter quality for playmaker ... rarely runs with the ball and dribbles.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Need ball playing left footed cb to pair zapata or we can't permit having Zap at rcb

Building up from the back has been a problem for too long now. And you wonder why the coach instructs Nigel to go get the ball from the goalkick and plays a safe pass every time :fp:.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not his fault if we don't have a playmaker, how many times have we said that we need a replacement for Montolivo. Unfortunately, so far Cristante is not starter quality for playmaker ... rarely runs with the ball and dribbles.

Monty rarely runs with the ball and dribbles when he's in front of the defense.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Zapata with his trade-mark fuck-up again damn :fp:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Monty rarely runs with the ball and dribbles when he's in front of the defense.

Very true, but he is better at midfielder movements and the other players trust him more with the ball. That should have been Cristante getting that ball instead of Zapata, instead Cristante was literally walking right next to the player that intercepted the ball instead of trying to create some space to get the ball.

This is not a jab at Cristante, he has talent and you can tell from the passes that he makes, though if someone thinks that he is ready to be a starter in midfield, they are setting themselves up for a disappointment

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Colombia: Zapata and @Armero7 have been called up for the friendly match against Brazil in Miami on September 5.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Rock at the back. Why are people not talking about him. Imo he performed better than alex (he was also good)

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Zapata is better than Rami.

Alex - Zapata should be our starting centre back pair.

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
Glad to see he won at the world cup all the confidence he lost in the fiasco season we had

Hope he brings more performances like this to the pitch

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well he did fuck up a goal yesterday... Opponent was faster than him, Alex had to cover for him from other side, that's why the goal came. Zapata was late in tackle. Still prefer Rami.

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
Well he did fuck up a goal yesterday... Opponent was faster than him, Alex had to cover for him from other side, that's why the goal came. Zapata was late in tackle. Still prefer Rami.

Well if you analyze everything you will find plenty of mistakes even in the best players each game, but Zapata played pretty much perfectly.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes I understand that. But he's a central defender and he can't afford to make mistakes like that. He can make mistake at passing forward, deflecting to corner, etc, but he can not afford to be overrun. His job is to stop opponent. Just like midfielders is to build play, and attackers to score.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Probably our best player yesterday. I think Alex-Zapata is the best CB partnership we have.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I thought he was Columbia's best last night vs Brasil. Some good interceptions as well.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
I had my doubts on zapata, hes always been inconsistant, but he is playing well .Alex-Zapata seems to be a solid fit(yesterday he was very good vs brazil).. Alex is all about strenght, ariel challenges , experience but he is slow. Zapata is a good partner for him. Rami is not a bad player but i see him more as the no3 at the moment,which isint a bad thing since you need to have many good cb's during a full season.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I had my doubts on zapata, hes always been inconsistant, but he is playing well .Alex-Zapata seems to be a solid fit(yesterday he was very good vs brazil).. Alex is all about strenght, ariel challenges , experience but he is slow. Zapata is a good partner for him. Rami is not a bad player but i see him more as the no3 at the moment,which isint a bad thing since you need to have many good cb's during a full season.

Maybe we will play with 3 central defenders sometime.

CondorSheva

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Crespo, Billy, Desailly, Sheva, KP27, ElSHa, DeS, MvB, Nigel, Weahh, Costa
He and Alex seems like a good combo.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Never play him lcb again.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
He made a few decent interceptions, but passed it straight to them on a few occasions. It was an OK performance

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He defended well for the most part but he also gave turned the ball over alot.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great defender.

In possession, extremely dire. Don´t force him to use his left foot, and it´s okay, as long as we have a cb comfortable with the ball next to him. Gifted so many short balls aslong as long passes, also makes wrong decisions and passes to players who are not in space -> have to pump it forward -> lose posession. And this is when we had our D line pushed back FAR. Let alone when we play higher line and pressure increases.

That said, defending wise he is great, aswell as being the best cb we have physical/spee wise.

rcb :thumbsup:, idunno if Alex can do lcb, would be a pretty good pair.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The best player today, bad for him that he is not good in passes, but he still deserve to be starter.

Also Top Rated.

10644552_744260988943319_3087016761627703920_n.jpg

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I don't think those ratings should be taken seriously

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Our best defender

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he did a good job

he needs to play mor regularly

Schedule