Gravesen to Real Madrid

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Well, I think Milan had a look at him not long ago but we don´t really need another defensive midfielder do we.

On the other hand, this might be just the piece missing at Real to restore balance to the side after Makelele left for Chelsea.

This might make them a more dangerous opponent if we run in to them in the CL later on after chewing Manchester up and spitting them out :)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
agreed...finally the made a move that couldm yet save their season....so lets c whather he can cope with new life in la liga n the champs league....

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Gravesen is a decent player. Very critical to Everton's success this season I am sure, as I see them flirting with Champs League qualification.

He constitutes one of the better moves Real has made recently. I like him because he is a no frills type of a player, and he doesn't fit this superstar mold that Real are accustomed to dealing with. Playing for Everton will also allow him to suit for CL matches as well. Looking at all the elements in this equation (including the paltry sum paid for the player), Real have a good deal for the first time in awhile.

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
Real have a good deal for the first time in awhile.

Yes,Sacchi does his work...

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
17-und-4 said:
Yes,Sacchi does his work...

We still have to wait and see. We're not even sure if Gravensen can get use to playing for Real... or maybe just warming their bench.
:D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
MilanMania said:
We still have to wait and see. We're not even sure if Gravensen can get use to playing for Real... or maybe just warming their bench.
:D
Any smart tatician would start Gravesen from the jump. He can win the ball in the midfield infinitely better than anyone currently on the Real roster. However, putting him into the Real starting XI woudl probably mean the seclusion of an alleged superstar from the same XI. Luxembergo's issue.

louise_dk

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jon Dahl Tomasson
In a danish article was it mentioned that Thomas may kick Beckham of the team. Hope so, Beckham stinks.

I think it is great he comes to a bigger club. He has the talen to do so :)

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Abslute bargain! Real got a top player for only £2.5 mil, what a deal. I've got no doubt in his abilities and this would lead me to believing that he will succeed in Real.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Who the hell at Everton decided they should sell him to Real for so cheap? I could see if the sold him to Lyon or Ayax or Celtic - someone who wouldn't & couldn't pay much, but I'm sure they could have gotten more out of Madrid then that.

As long as they stay away from Gilardino I'm happy.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Who the hell at Everton decided they should sell him to Real for so cheap? I could see if the sold him to Lyon or Ayax or Celtic - someone who wouldn't & couldn't pay much, but I'm sure they could have gotten more out of Madrid then that.

As long as they stay away from Gilardino I'm happy.

they had no choice. His contract expired at the end of the season. And i think its what he wanted, he wnated to go to real and so theres nothing much they could have done to stop it..

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
menon_inc said:
they had no choice. His contract expired at the end of the season. And i think its what he wanted, he wnated to go to real and so theres nothing much they could have done to stop it..
That is exactly it. I was really hoping the Toffees would qualify for a European competition and collect the 30 million pounds for Rooney. A great feel-good story it would be. However, the loss of Gravesen probably puts this in jeopardy. I will definitely monitor the rest of their campaign from a newspaper perspective. :D

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
louise_dk said:
In a danish article was it mentioned that Thomas may kick Beckham of the team. Hope so, Beckham stinks.

Real finally have a good defensive midfielder after Makalele,it was clear to everyone that after Claude left their fragile back line was even more exposed,at last they signed a player they actually need that can add some muscle in the midle of the park but I don't think that Becks will be the one dropped,I've read that it will be Figo,with David moving to the right.Personally I think that this would be the smarter move and if Samuel can recapture his form and Woodgate recoveres from injury they could actually have a damn good team

Reaction score
I think that they have got a good player who can make their defense stop its fraglie form . but I think that if they will face us , they wil have a bad game , because they have made this transfer so lately and Gravensen will not be used to the order of the play in the spanish club .

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
menon_inc said:

I didn't even think of that. I guess because of the new laws, Real would have been able to secure him for next year anyway; so basically Real paid $2million+ to get him 6 months early. OK I'm happy again knowing they did psuedo overpay.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Apparently he was whinning about the state of the pitch in Real's recent match lol

I think its a good signing for Real's sake IMO ever since they lost Makelle to Chelsea they havent had the stability at the back, so this could provide a very ideal signing also considering the type of form he is in atm

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
louise_dk said:

i hope he kicks beckham out of d team,let me see what english press will say about that,oh i can't wait

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pranjic said:
Real finally have a good defensive midfielder after Makalele,it was clear to everyone that after Claude left their fragile back line was even more exposed,at last they signed a player they actually need that can add some muscle in the midle of the park but I don't think that Becks will be the one dropped,I've read that it will be Figo,with David moving to the right.Personally I think that this would be the smarter move and if Samuel can recapture his form and Woodgate recoveres from injury they could actually have a damn good team
Becks back to Manure is a valid rumour these days :D I mean if Wenger + Ferguson can make up, it shouldn't be too difficult for Becks + that red-faced guy...

What I have yet to understand is how people keep hyping Woodgate as such a great player.. Has he even played in the last say 2 or 3 years ? I'm not sure I've ever seen him play.......

Samuel is a bit of a mystery to me. I would have never expected him to fail in Spain.

As for Real signing Gravesen, it's an unusual signing by Real standards. When was the last time they signed no-frills, no-flair, no-galactico ? Ahm,, ok ... Woodgate ;)

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
Passion for *9* said:
What I have yet to understand is how people keep hyping Woodgate as such a great player.. Has he even played in the last say 2 or 3 years ? I'm not sure I've ever seen him play.......
Well I think he's a an improvement for that back line when compared to Mejia and even Helguera in that position,he's definetly prone to injury there is no doubt about that but I fail to see how I'm hyping Woodgate by saying that he would help Real if he was to recover from his injury.

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
i don't like this player.;)))))))
He can't help to real,because they need from 5 defenders;)