Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

UKMilan21

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonaventura Donnarumma Romagnoli Bonucci Belotti Sheva Van Basten Nesta Ibrahimovic
If Montolivo joins I would be very happy for a number of reasons:

Firstly for a while when Mutu and Gilardino were firing for Fiorentina, Montolivo was the supplier. His game is a Pirlo game, one that revolves around creating chances. This was a Champions League team predominantly. Montolivo's game has been good in recent years, but for various reasons he has only had Gilardino to create for, who was somewhat of a failure for Milan. I'd love to see him laying on chances for some of the best forwards currently available in world football here in Milan.

Secondly, although he isn't the fastest player, he would add more mobility and stamina to our midfield, and being 26 he is near peak or in it, and will be able to last that crucial amount longer than some of our senators, which will be especially useful in the Champions League.

Thirdly, he is primarily a technical player like Seedorf, which will be great alongside a roster of Gattuso, Ambrosini and Van Bommel who are usually perceived as enforcers in the middle. This could give us an edge in important games. This also means he will be able to focus on the creation of chances when playing with these other midfielders who will be focusing on physicality.

Lastly, it doesn't seem that important to everyone, but he is Italian. Its important for Serie A that teams of Milan's stature look for native talent and endorse it. It's important for the national team that big teams invest in the country's talent. This can only be a positive thing for Italy, providing he plays regularly, which im sure, if he joins, he will, for a number of seasons, with the current contract system, and especially Belursconi's tendency to primarily invest his big money within the forward line.

This is all for a fraction of what, for example Marek Hamsik would cost, at around 10 Million Euros, perhaps pushing closer to 15. There are not many other players who carry these positives, let alone a home grown player. I can't see why people would oppose this transfer.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
. I can't see why people would oppose this transfer.

I honestly think it is because of his very vocal atheist beliefs.

Abbiati is dismissed by many as a goalkeeper because of his fascist views.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Well montolivo would be a nice buy for milan . He is a solid player . He still only 26 , has great feet and (unlike pirlo) can defend . He would be a good replacement for pirlo .

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure. Fiorentina WANT 10 million euros. They'll sell for 8 million. No way Aquilani is less than 8 mil. I'm going to say their fees are almost identical.

10 millions only for Montolivo? Are you sure? Some link?

Edit: This is a total bargain

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score

His contract is up next summer, so sell him now for 8-10m or he will leave next year for free. They also took his captaincy away so I doubt he will stay now.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=57124

He was stripped of captaincy, he expires in 2012 and won't renew. His fee is dropping rapidly.

edit: i think my translation sucks and it said more than 10 mil but we'll see. Fiorentina have no power, so unless some epl club comes and overbids i think 10 mil will seal him if not less

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think we'll get him.

Good signing if cheap, but I do want Pastore or someone else for AM too.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
His contract is up next summer, so sell him now for 8-10m or he will leave next year for free. They also took his captaincy away so I doubt he will stay now.

For this price he is a must buy I think.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Well yeah i mean for 8-10 million i really want him . He would give us a lot .

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

He was stripped of captaincy, he expires in 2012 and won't renew. His fee is dropping rapidly.

edit: i think my translation sucks and it said more than 10 mil but we'll see. Fiorentina have no power, so unless some epl club comes and overbids i think 10 mil will seal him if not less

I think it says "not much more than 10 M"?

Inter will not go for him? They were linked with him in the past. I suspect a bid war can happen there...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think it says "not much more than 10 M"?

Inter will not go for him? They were linked with him in the past. I suspect a bid war can happen there...

and of course jube.

When they fail for their targets they will overpay for an italian player who doesn't fit there system.

pepe--matri--quag--krasic

montolivo--pirlo
ziegler--cheillini--bonucci--litchsteiner​

it makes too little and too much sense at the same time!

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
i could see g go for both monto and aquilani if both of them come for under 10 each...

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo

I know that our management talked about cash + Cassano for Monty, which seems like a horrible deal. If his price is going to be around 10 we should really be keeping Cassano

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Seal it quick! Would be an excellent signing.

Pretty similar climate under which we sign many of our players these days. Cause strife between player and club :p

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
If Montolivo joins I would be very happy for a number of reasons:

Firstly for a while when Mutu and Gilardino were firing for Fiorentina, Montolivo was the supplier. His game is a Pirlo game, one that revolves around creating chances. This was a Champions League team predominantly. Montolivo's game has been good in recent years, but for various reasons he has only had Gilardino to create for, who was somewhat of a failure for Milan. I'd love to see him laying on chances for some of the best forwards currently available in world football here in Milan.

Secondly, although he isn't the fastest player, he would add more mobility and stamina to our midfield, and being 26 he is near peak or in it, and will be able to last that crucial amount longer than some of our senators, which will be especially useful in the Champions League.

Thirdly, he is primarily a technical player like Seedorf, which will be great alongside a roster of Gattuso, Ambrosini and Van Bommel who are usually perceived as enforcers in the middle. This could give us an edge in important games. This also means he will be able to focus on the creation of chances when playing with these other midfielders who will be focusing on physicality.

Lastly, it doesn't seem that important to everyone, but he is Italian. Its important for Serie A that teams of Milan's stature look for native talent and endorse it. It's important for the national team that big teams invest in the country's talent. This can only be a positive thing for Italy, providing he plays regularly, which im sure, if he joins, he will, for a number of seasons, with the current contract system, and especially Belursconi's tendency to primarily invest his big money within the forward line.

This is all for a fraction of what, for example Marek Hamsik would cost, at around 10 Million Euros, perhaps pushing closer to 15. There are not many other players who carry these positives, let alone a home grown player. I can't see why people would oppose this transfer.
:thumbsup:
nice post! :star::star:

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Montolivo meet the "Identikit" specifications Allegri and Galliani spoke of with the journalists about a month ago????

I thought it was all a joke, but maybe they were being a little bit serious.

Blue Eyes, Height, Hair....

EDIT: By the way, there is no way that Montolivo is our Mister X and we sign nobody else.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
EDIT: By the way, there is no way that Montolivo is our Mister X and we sign nobody else.

meh, he could be the Mr X...
Noone said Mr X was going to be "the gift"... The gift is hand selected by Berlusconi himself, as has already been stated by Allegri himself.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

i hope he come's, he'll be a perfect rotatiion MF

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

Then Montolivo is my man when he comes in Milan ;)

Seriousely, Montolivo can show more in Milan then what he did in Viola. His price is not too big and we can play for 4 years with us, untill he starts to do down phisically.

As a player that can play more then one position he can help us in many aspects during a long season.

The best thing is that Im sure Montolivo is not our signing that is the "world class midfielder". So I dont see anything wrong with if.

If he comes, I'd be satisfied. He can do well in here.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score

Abbiati is dismissed by many as a goalkeeper because of his fascist views.

who cares what religion, or lack of, that anyone follows? There are assholes in every religion, i find the nicest people are ones who do not follow a single religion. I have more respect for montolivo now.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Too many people, that's who.
Religion should have NO part in many parts of society, but especially not in sports.

Sometime back some dude (forgot who) for his argument that we will not sign Taiwo, he argued that Milan do not sign Muslim players....

And now USC with his 'Montolivo is a atheist' argument as a reason why people may not like it. :fp:

What are we? A missionary?

:lol::lol::lol:

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mt5n7jXZZ8

^ really nice vid

Why would we not want him for around 10 million? I think hed be pretty awesome

Montolivo Bommel Pince

berlus gift

PAto Ibra

Plus gattuso/ambro/flamini to cover any spot, with berlus gift covered by El Shawy/cassano

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Sometime back some dude (forgot who) for his argument that we will not sign Taiwo, he argued that Milan do not sign Muslim players....

And now USC with his 'Montolivo is a atheist' argument as a reason why people may not like it. :fp:
:

Yes, because Italians are so welcoming of differences. I'm not going to bother googling the consistent issues of Antisemitism and anti-Islam ideology affecting the country.

Extrapolate that to a person who is very vocal about his atheist views in a very Catholic country and region, and then maybe you can figure it out.

But I forgot, you'd rather spew your pseudo elitist demeanor across the board and use face palms like a mute three year old.

Guardian

The issue of racism in Italian football resurfaced last month when Balotelli was repeatedly booed playing for his country against Romania and the 20-year-old, despite his recent disciplinary problems, has concluded he did the right thing leaving for England, where "the culture of integration is much more widespread than in Italy".

Juventus supporters once held up a banner about Balotelli with the words: "A Negro cannot be Italian." Another bearing the message "No to a multi-ethnic national team" was confiscated at the international match against Romania.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
To be honest never watch this player but if he is anyything like the youtube videos then he is the right player to play lcm for us. His technical ability is excellent and does everything well(shoot,pass-short &long). I say we do it.

diegoyya

Primavera
Reaction score
i hope monty does come to milan, he will do us good playing in any role we need him to do.he is pure class, just had an average world cup because lippi is ******** and didnt call the talents such as cassano, totti and balotelli. So monty looked bad, blame the manager. He can finally reach trohpies for milan, and he will come in discount since fiore is eager to sell fast. win/win.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
It'll be interesting to see how the ultras react to "signing him" if that actually happens. It's good btw, that Kaka' ain't here no more.:lol:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Looks like this transfer is really happening. Pretty happy about it, not a bad deal at all in my opinion. Regardless of whether we sign Ganso, Pastore or who else, we'll need a player like him in Midfield. Has played in front of the defense and at LCM, exactly what we need. Not as talented as Pirlo (Obviously), but seems more comfortable around the box which we'll need. Also I seem to remember him being very good when Fiorentina was in the CL a couple of years ago when they beat Liverpool and Lyon, and were clearly the better team than Bayern Munich.

I would have probably preffered Aquilani, as it seems like he's used to playing at a faster tempo, but I'm perfectly fine with Montolivo, especially for the prices quoted here. Typical Galliani signing.

Last edited: