Jeremy Menez Thread

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I think he would've killed it as the #10 behind two strikers, such a shame he got injured for so long.

Unpredictable & entertaining to watch

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
yep a CAM who never passes would be great behind our two strikers. deadly combo indeed.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
If people say Balo has WC potential, what do you say about Menez? Such an elegant player :proud:

+ look at him chasing every ball and stalking defenders, damn boi

---- Bacca
--------------Menez
Bona--------------------Honda

This should be a fun combo to watch

Last edited:

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
still not in shape???

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
If people say Balo has WC potential, what do you say about Menez? Such an elegant player :proud:

+ look at him chasing every ball and stalking defenders, damn boi

---- Bacca
--------------Menez
Bona--------------------Honda

This should be a fun combo to watch

Honda ?????!!!!! he's shit .
we need a good side midfielder for this post.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Honda ?????!!!!! he's shit .
we need a good side midfielder for this post.

I'm being realistic and building on the current squad. Plus, Honda is not so shit, he is one of the few who has an understanding with Bacca, had one with Menez as well. Abate looks much better with him than any other winger.

Of course we should buy someone better and that is for most of our positions, but hoping that is going to happen is just being naive.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's too anarchic for a winger role. And obviously for a wide mid role as well(lol at those who put him as RM in our 4-4-2).

Not good enough for a false 9 role, as we witnessed last season.

Not a CAM...

If there's a place for him in a team, then it's in a 2 CF system.
It will probably also not work out, since his style is very similar to Balo's. And as we know, Balo is the worst partner imaginable to Bacca AND Adriano.
But there's not much else we can pin hopes on. Perhaps he'll make some sacrifices now that we have a coach and striker who command more respect than Torres and Pippo?

I think we're likelier to see the same old ball hog Menez, who'll drop all the way down to our GK to pick up the ball, act as the makeshift anchor when he feels like it, get pissed off and start ignoring someone who didn't pass him or who has scored more goals than him, slow down or kill counters by holding on to the ball for too long and refusing to make off-ball runs, occasionally track back to win the ball back as if his life depended on it, which will fool some into thinking he's a hardworking, reliable team-player...taking on gigantic responsibility, but abandoning or misusing most of it.

Still looking forward to it though...
I think Menez-Bacca will produce the occasional magic between all the arguments, frustrating moments and times Bacca is left isolated.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's too anarchic for a winger role. And obviously for a wide mid role as well(lol at those who put him as RM in our 4-4-2).

Not good enough for a false 9 role, as we witnessed last season.

Not a CAM...

If there's a place for him in a team, then it's in a 2 CF system.
It will probably also not work out, since his style is very similar to Balo's.

stopped reading here

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
stopped reading here

lol, I added that, and a few other parts, just for you.:proud:

You dislike Balo for the right reasons....but somehow you're a big fan of Menez and don't see the traits he shares with Balo?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Almost all fanboys have short term memory loss and are ******s. This dumbass is no exception obviously.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

You dislike Balo for the right reasons....but somehow you're a big fan of Menez and don't see the traits he shares with Balo?

I am a Menez fan because he brought joy and entertainment to Milan games, something missing since Ibra left. Not just that, he was also effective. For that, he deserves our praise. But somehow, his "reputation" got ahead of him and people judge by something from his past more than his real performances for Milan

Shares traits with Balo? really? Let's break it down:

1. Menez is fast. Balo is slow
  2. Menez works his ass off and chases defenders. Balo walks around most of the game, crying and complaining.
  3. Menez can play well in almost all of the attacking positions. Balo doesn't even play well in one position
  4. Menez can dribble effectively. Balo tries to dribble in situations where that is useless and fails the end product most of the time.
  5. Menez is ambidextrous
  6. Menez can unlock a tight defense with a brilliant pass. He'd have more assists if we'd go for the hockey counting system. A lot of the goals last year were started by him.
  7. The only thing they might have in common is keeping the ball for themselves, instead of passing. But, Balo does so and wastes other people's chanes. Menez wastes chances created also by himself. The reason I believe he's done that, because he had moron teammates who wasted a lot of chances. Look at the video posted the previous page - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTy0vwgo1rI Only here you can see plenty of great chances wasted by morons Poli and Cerci.

All this is based on his last season and not his performances for other teams.
I still want to see him play with proper teammates like Bacca, Adriano and in-form Jack.

He is good when he has teammates with same attacking vision. Last year there were some good combinations between him and Honda or Jack. So don't give me the "He's not compatible..." bullshit.

I am not a headless fanboy. If he will prove to be selfish and shit, I will admit. But for now, I think some of the forum members are not judging him fairly and not giving him the praise he deserves, based on the work he has done for this team.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I like Jeremy, but why do some people seem 100% convinced that his return means we're going to kick ass ?? Serious question.

The guy hasn't played in how long? If we Look at Balo and KPB fitness levels after they've been out, at BEST ,should Menez take the field again, he will obviously just play cameos.

I'm not sure why people , fanboys or otherwise, are thoroughly convinced Menez returning means wins. I just don't see it.
And to be more of a sourpuss, I actually don't think we'll see Menez play for Milan again. I think he's done this year, and will be sold in Summer.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like Jeremy, but why do some people seem 100% convinced that his return means we're going to kick ass ?? Serious question.

The guy hasn't played in how long? If we Look at Balo and KPB fitness levels after they've been out, at BEST ,should Menez take the field again, he will obviously just play cameos.

I'm not sure why people , fanboys or otherwise, are thoroughly convinced Menez returning means wins. I just don't see it.
And to be more of a sourpuss, I actually don't think we'll see Menez play for Milan again. I think he's done this year, and will be sold in Summer.

Nobody is sure he will come and rule, we just miss this motherfucker!

Just hope the injury didn't fuck him up too hard

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Sharing traits and having a similar style are two different things

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am a Menez fan because he brought joy and entertainment to Milan games, something missing since Ibra left. Not just that, he was also effective. For that, he deserves our praise. But somehow, his "reputation" got ahead of him and people judge by something from his past more than his real performances for Milan

Shares traits with Balo? really? Let's break it down:

1. Menez is fast. Balo is slow
  2. Menez works his ass off and chases defenders. Balo walks around most of the game, crying and complaining.
  3. Menez can play well in almost all of the attacking positions. Balo doesn't even play well in one position
  4. Menez can dribble effectively. Balo tries to dribble in situations where that is useless and fails the end product most of the time.
  5. Menez is ambidextrous
  6. Menez can unlock a tight defense with a brilliant pass. He'd have more assists if we'd go for the hockey counting system. A lot of the goals last year were started by him.
  7. The only thing they might have in common is keeping the ball for themselves, instead of passing. But, Balo does so and wastes other people's chanes. Menez wastes chances created also by himself. The reason I believe he's done that, because he had moron teammates who wasted a lot of chances. Look at the video posted the previous page - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTy0vwgo1rI Only here you can see plenty of great chances wasted by morons Poli and Cerci.

All this is based on his last season and not his performances for other teams.
I still want to see him play with proper teammates like Bacca, Adriano and in-form Jack.

He is good when he has teammates with same attacking vision. Last year there were some good combinations between him and Honda or Jack. So don't give me the "He's not compatible..." bullshit.

I am not a headless fanboy. If he will prove to be selfish and shit, I will admit. But for now, I think some of the forum members are not judging him fairly and not giving him the praise he deserves, based on the work he has done for this team.

Maaaaan Cerci at 4:29, fuck me this selfish fucker it reminds me on his solo this season. So glad this prick has fucked off.

BTW some statistics:
In his 2011/2012 season where he played as RW in a 4-2-3-1, he had 33 apps in Ligue 1 with 7 goals and 13 assists. A season later when Zlatan joined PSG and he was moved from RW to CF he had 5 goals and still 7 assists. In the year after where Laurent Blanc took over, he was benched mostly due to the fact that they don't like each other since the worldcup debacle in brazil at the french nt. After that season, he moved to Milan where in 31 apps he produced 16 goals and 4 assists while played mostly as CF in a 4-3-3 (and normally you don't expect the CF to be the one producing assists but scoring).

Based on that I think he is very able to produce assists if played in a role who demands it. He can do very well as striker too. As I statet many times since november/december, I expect him to playing with us mid february/end of february. As he seems to be fully integrated in training, it could be that he'll have some cameos already in mid february. A full match-fit Menez is not to be expected before march/april imo. Depending on how many playtime he gets before. So when G come around like "Menez is like a new signing" and people fall in to it, they are very naive. This season is more or less over, he maybe will give us a (important) hand in the last weeks of mercato, but not more. However I hope he's gonna be back next season as he brings creativity into our attacking game, he's very unpredictable and a wellcome and needed addition to our attacking roaster.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sharing traits and having a similar style are two different things

Right?

I'd like to see 4-3-2-1 with Bacca-Menez behind Adriano. Could be fucking sweet. Bona-Monto(to be replaced) - Kucka sounds solid enough as well

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That would be awful.

Why? Bacca and Menez are fast and creative, whilst Adriano is a good at opening spaces, holding the ball, good in the air... could be very effective, especially against smaller teams.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why? Bacca and Menez are fast and creative, whilst Adriano is a good at opening spaces, holding the ball, good in the air... could be very effective, especially against smaller teams.

Bacca struggles with passing and first touch. You want him making off the ball runs behind defenders not playing away from goal.

In general, I don't think any combination of Bacca and Adriano can work.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Right?

I'd like to see 4-3-2-1 with Bacca-Menez behind Adriano. Could be fucking sweet. Bona-Monto(to be replaced) - Kucka sounds solid enough as well

No. Needs to be Bacca-Menez with a proper mid behind them, not those two behind Adriano.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

:lol: this dumbass. Yea a guy who never passes and a striker whose weakest traits are dribbling, close control would be deadly if they were operating behind an cf who is infact a poor finisher.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: this dumbass. Yea a guy who never passes and a striker whose weakest traits are dribbling, close control would be deadly if they were operating behind an cf who is infact a poor finisher.

Re-tard says what?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Re-tard says what?

You are the ****** here, you demented twat. Figure it out for yourself.
Thank the dear lord that beelan doesnt have you as our coach. A dumbass muppet like you would play a selfish wanker who rarely passes and a striker who cant dribble and has the worst close control i have ever seen behind a striker lel who cant finish even if his life depended on it.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You are the ****** here, you demented twat. Figure it our for yourself.
Thank the dear lord that beelan doesnt have you as our coach. A dumbass muppet like you would play a selfish wanker who rarely passes and a striker who cant dribble and has the worst close control i have ever seen behind a striker lel who cant finish even if his life depended on it.

this guy :fp::lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You dont see the flaws in your....ugh nevermind.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sinisa about Menez: "His physical conditions are worse than Balotelli's and Niang's. He has no more pain and is training with us, but it takes time to retrieve the condition. Let's see if tomorrow he can be on the bench, but he's still far from the best condition."

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Where is the kid who said he will be back on March or April...where???

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Jeremy Menez Thread

Where is the kid who said he will be back on March or April...where???

Could it be that you're talking about me?

As he seems to be fully integrated in training, it could be that he'll have some cameos already in mid february. A full match-fit Menez is not to be expected before march/april imo. Depending on how many playtime he gets before.

Actually I think what Sinisa said pretty much confirms what I already said so I'm not sure if you're talking about me.

Schedule