• Other (name)

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
I think Henry is the best player for Milan in term of probability and player's ability. He also has a great desire to win.

Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Easy for me :) Henry could be arrogant at times. I think its just an act. But he really loves his team underneath it all :) I think he's a good team player. You dont hear his teamates complain. I would have thought Campbell/Pires/Ljunberg would have wanted to be captain. Barca's game is not particularly strong in the air. And why do we need someone who's good in the air? We've got Pippo, dont we?
i think Adriano would be a good replcement for sheva provided he learns to play as a team player and not the selfish stunts he performs in inter.

diTa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NESTA, Maldini, KAKA, Rio Ferdinand, Seedorf, Pirlo, Fabregas, Cana, Raul.
i guess henry is the best choice.. why? b'cuz he's a really great striker but most of all he's a great football player.. as for toni i dont think he would be a good choice, he shows grear skills b'cuz the whole viola team plays in order to get him to score.. remember milan is not a team like that at all.. and again we got gila who last year was magnificent and he wasnt that great this year... i simply think the best replacement for sheva is henry, he has all it takes to fill sheva's place

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
diTa said:
i guess henry is the best choice.. why? b'cuz he's a really great striker but most of all he's a great football player.. as for toni i dont think he would be a good choice, he shows grear skills b'cuz the whole viola team plays in order to get him to score.. remember milan is not a team like that at all.. and again we got gila who last year was magnificent and he wasnt that great this year... i simply think the best replacement for sheva is henry, he has all it takes to fill sheva's place

Thanks you.

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
Henry is an arrogant cunt but still I voted for him since he would come the cheapest giving the best quality/prize out there if number 7 walks away. I'd prefer 1,000 times Sheva not leaving at all though.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
madtherchot said:
Atleast we agreed that Henry was the more logical choice :)

The reasoning though :head:

Just how can you put Eto'o on the same page as Henry is beyond me ... :conf:

etoo cant even hold henry's jock

Rygaar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
In considering Henry, Eto'o, Toni, Cassano, Adriano, Torres, and Ibrahimovic, here is how they stack up in different caterogies. Let me know what you think.

Box Play: The ability to play as an out-and-out center foward with a sole focus on goal-scoring a la Inzaghi. This player is at his best when the team is geared toward getting him to score.

1-Adriano 2-Toni 3-Henry 4-Ibrahimovic 5-Eto'o 6-Torres 7-Cassano

Versatility: The ability to help out in other areas including defensive midfield and playmaking. This depends chiefly on two factors: the players skill set (can he tackle? is he creative?) and his willingness to work above and beyond the call of duty for the team.

1-Henry 2-Cassano 3-Eto'o 4-Ibrahimovic 5-Torres 6-Adriano 7-Toni

Chemistry: The ability to accept conditions and put the needs of the team ahead of one's own desires/ego. This includes humility, temperament, respect for teammates... and determines how likely a player is to seemlessly mesh with the squad.

1-Eto'o 2-Torres 3-Henry 4-Toni 5-Adriano 6-Ibrahimovic 7-Cassano

Cost: here, the cheapest player is (1) and the most expensive is (7). Henry will NOT be cheap since we would have to fight off competition from top clubs to get him. I may be very wrong considering that Vieira went for what? A bag of chips and a can of pop?

1-Cassano 2-Toni 3-Henry 4-Torres 5-Eto'o 6-Ibrahimovic 7-Adriano

Practicality: This is how likely we are to get a player if we seriously commit to going after him (1) is most likely.

1-Cassano 2-Toni 3-Torres 4-Henry 5-Eto'o 6-Ibrahimovic 7-Adriano

Final Verdict: I've decided to ignore monetary concerns here and simply focus on how a player once acquired would fit in and perform.

Adriano, Ibrahimovic, and Toni are great strikers but I would remove them from consideration immediately because after spending 17 million pounds on Gilardino, we do NOT need another center forward. If we are to replace Shevchenko, it should be with someone more versatile than the 3 above.

Cassano is attractive because of his amazing skill and his young age (still), but his temperament is a major turn-off; I think he is too big of a gamble after the immaturity he demonstrated at Roma. I must admit however that I haven't really followed his progress at Real. Another plus here is that Cassano has shown his ability to excel in Serie A, and that should not be underestimated. That gives him an advantage over Torres, Eto'o and Henry. This advantage isn't huge however, since all would agree that Henry's combination of size, pace, strength and skill is enough to thrive anywhere.

Torres is undeniably talented, but my major concern is whether he can do a good job in Italy; the Spanish game is more free flowing while the Italian game brings huge pressure on and off the pitch, and is heavily dependent on tactics and physique. I don't think Torres is close to being the best option on that list.

Eto'o is the best African striker by far, let alone Cameroonian striker. Not that this has any relevance here, but I happen to be from Cameroon and he is somewhat of a national wonder. About the matter at hand, Eto'o has been excellent at Barca obviously. Some brought up the fact that he was bound to be, given the wealth of talent and creativity behind him (Ronaldinho, Messi, Giuly, Deco, Xavi...) and that's a good point. Note however, that Eto'o has been good for a while; he was a fearsome striker at Mallorca, well before he signed with Barca and he was an absolute terror at the African Cup of Nations in January. The man scores tons of goals because he is good. He would do well in Milan I think, but the concern I have about Torres applies here too.

Henry - skills wise, Henry is the best fit by far. Henry is a most complete footballer on the list and can often be found working hard in midfield. In that respect, he is not unlike Shevchenko. He is faster than all but Eto'o, and is stronger than most. He isn't good in the air, but is a real danger from set pieces (as a shooter). For all his qualities, I wonder whether Henry can stand being on a squad where he isn't a demi-god. One of you brought up the fact that he acts as if Arsenal were his property and chemistry is the only potential problem I foresee with him. I wouldn't be surprised if this concern came to naught, and frankly, Henry has earned the right to believe that Arsenal is his property. I don't think any other club of Arsenal's caliber depends so much on a single player for its success. Not Barca with Ronaldinho, not Manchester with Rooney, not Milan with Sheva, not Real with...Real has nobody :)

My choice: Thierry Henry.

Last edited:

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
I´d say players like Henry (No. 1), Adriano, Torres or Rooney.

I would´nt really rate a player like Toni in the "Sheva replacement" catagory as he is mainly usefull in the box and players like Sheva also does a lot of work at areas of the field.

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
Wild said:
Eto’o is much better than Henry + younger.
Eto’o is more complete as a striker since he can use both his legs + head.
But eto’o will cost much more than Henry.
So Henry is the more logical choice.

I really cannot understand how you can manage to compare Eto to a seasoned genius like Henry!
I dont think you have seen Henry playing that often.
Chek this out:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7469921901227696012

The truth is that Henry is probably along with Ronaldinho the best player in the world. With or without Shevchenko I wouldnt let a change to sign this phenomenon pass by.

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Rygaar said:
Adriano, Ibrahimovic, and Toni are great strikers but I would remove them from consideration immediately because after spending 17 million pounds on Gilardino, we do NOT need another center forward.
I wouldn't say that Ibrahimović is a strict CF, he has scored just 7 goals this season @ juve. Let's say, without the crises he'd score between 10-15 goals. He has an amazing dribbling, invents some really sick moves but his personality is a great minus for him...

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
ACMRULE! said:
I really cannot understand how you can manage to compare Eto to a seasoned genius like Henry!
Chek this out:

The truth is that Henry is probably along with Ronaldinho the best player in the world. With or without Shevchenko I wouldnt let a change to sign this phenomenon pass by.
Its not like I said Henry is bad.
He is great.
But yes both Sheva & Eto'o r better than him.
4 me those 3 r the best strikers in the world & I rank em :

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
ACMRULE! said:
Chek this out:

Hell yeah! if he's up for grabs, please get him! Oh, and I think he's streets ahead of Ronaldoitall. He's overrated ... yes Wild, I said it :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rygaar said:
Eto'o is the best African striker by far, let alone Cameroonian striker. Not that this has any relevance here, but I happen to be from Cameroon and he is somewhat of a national wonder. About the matter at hand, Eto'o has been excellent at Barca obviously. Some brought up the fact that he was bound to be, given the wealth of talent and creativity behind him (Ronaldinho, Messi, Giuly, Deco, Xavi...) and that's a good point. Note however, that Eto'o has been good for a while; he was a fearsome striker at Mallorca, well before he signed with Barca and he was an absolute terror at the African Cup of Nations in January. The man scores tons of goals because he is good. He would do well in Milan I think, but the concern I have about Torres applies here too.

You wish man :) He's not the best African player. I'd say Toure has been the most commanding African player this season. But thats my opinion, and hey, I'm not from Côte d’Ivoire :) No doubt he's the best African forward though. I also like Essien, Eboue, Obi Mikel, etc. but the greatest African player is ... Kalusha Bwalya! Hey, when was Eto'o the only player on the pitch to miss a penalty? Oh yeah, it was January ... African Nations Cup :cool:

No, he's good ... but not Henry/Sheva good, atleast you noticed that.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
He's irreplaceable.
But if he does leave, the only decent replacment would be Henry.

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Wild said:
Why no1 is considering Toni or Cassano ?
Toni is TONI.

Cassano is young + talented + we can get him very cheap --- > $10mil.

Toni is not a long term prospect... lacks experience at the higest level (Europe that is)....

Cassano is good + young + cheap (as mentioned by Wild )
he might be even cheaper

Cassano has the experience of playing in the Champions league+Uefa Cup... and few games (minutes maybe) in spain ..if that at all can be called experience...but its more than TONi...he at least had the exposure....

Toni & Cassano both good...but my vote will be for Cassano

as for the names mentioned in the poll......
Henry--->not leaving Arsenal
Eto'o-->wont leave if Barca dont get Henry,which they are not..so he stays.
Torres--> a little hyped...but still good...no experience anywhere...might be useless...might pay off....gamble ??
Ibra --> In the kind of form he is in and the money he is going to cost...not worth it..

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Great analysis Roy.
I agree with you completely.
Ibra is useless and has serious behaviour problems.
If Sheva goes Milan will probably get Adriano.
-Adriano has clearly fallen out with Mancini
-Mancini is staying at Inter
-There's many brasilians @ Milan
-No need to move house

It all fits should Adriano seek a move out to come to us.
We would turn him into his best ever form.
Just remember what we did with Pirlo and Seedorf.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Pupone#20 said:
not to mention what we are about to start to do with Favalli...

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
If sheva goes (hope he doesn't) I would Prefer eto'o he is younger.And he could be good in Ac Milan :star:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Pupone#20 said:
Great analysis Roy.
-No need to move house

Yeah i think he would be the best replacement. The question is...are Inter stupid enough to sell him to us?

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pupone#20 said:
Great analysis Roy.
-No need to move house

wooohooooo..... my first compliment ....thnx.....lol
i agree with u adriano is good but he will have to play with another striker ...we cant make the mistake that Inter did and make him play alone

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Adriano is a dream but he is a target 4 Real & I don’t think we can afford 2 handle their offer.

Henry is out of reach.

Cassano will b a offered + cash 2 lure Adriano from Inter.
Our hope of getting Cassano is by offering Sheva 2 Real & ask 4 money + Cassano + convince Sheva 2 go 2 Real.

Eto’o is out of reach coz Barca will never let him go now with Henry not even coming.

Unless Milan will surprise us with a move 4 Tevez or a young talent , Torres or Toni = our primary targets & the latest is more appealing 4 Milan since he is already a serieA player + cheaper.

What worries me is that am sure Sheva will leave + our stupid management will consider Crespo / Drogba as a replacement.

scotsman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Weah, Used to like Sheva!, Kaka. Gatusso- RFC 1873
The nightmare is that we end up with the signings of Favalli, Peruzzi and Drogba or Crespo or even both. Crespo was good last season but is no replacement for Sheva.

Dream is we keep Sheva or get Tevez and sign Gallas, Oddo and Sneijder.

I have no idea what the management is playing at they are sending out all the wrong signals. They should demonstrate to Sheva that the team is strenghtening in the right areas and is going places in the future. Instead they sign only duffers over the age of 30 and do not seem able to provide a suitable world class replacement for one of our 2 truly world class players (Sheva, with Kaka being the other).

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ok since Henry is about to re-sign with Arsenal (or alredy has) may I get the opinions of all you well-respected milanistas in this forum about David Trezeguet

:)

This doesnt mean im saying he should be Sheva's replacment whatsover, simple question: how do you compare him (Trez) with the other players that are included in the Poll

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Trezeguet turns 29 on the 15th of Oct...he lacks ball control skills...he is the striker who will stay put in the box...we already have pippo/gila for that we need someone like sheva/henry who can run around link up the midfield and strike (kaka alone isnt enough ...he is always well marked...but together with sheva they were lethal)....Trezeguet is not young nor skilled enough to control the game.... even Zlatan is a better option...even if he is out of form and costs too much...Trezeguet is absolutely not what Milan need.... I doubt with Henry out of the picture there is anyone who can fill sheva's spot....

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
Albion said:
Ok since Henry is about to re-sign with Arsenal (or alredy has) may I get the opinions of all you well-respected milanistas in this forum about David Trezeguet

This doesnt mean im saying he should be Sheva's replacment whatsover, simple question: how do you compare him (Trez) with the other players that are included in the Poll
I can be in the best of moods but seeing a Trezeguet picture and the grimaces he makes when he scores turns me into a bloodthirsty monster. I would even prefer the swede *** then.

scotsman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Weah, Used to like Sheva!, Kaka. Gatusso- RFC 1873
If we really want to build for the future why don't we buy Kerlon?

Rygaar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
brajo said:
I wouldn't say that Ibrahimović is a strict CF, he has scored just 7 goals this season @ juve. Let's say, without the crises he'd score between 10-15 goals. He has an amazing dribbling, invents some really sick moves but his personality is a great minus for him...

I have to agree with you Brajo. My assessment of Ibrahimovic was erroneous; He can also be a playmaker and is incredibly skilled for his size. I also agree that his attitude is the biggest drawback and I wonder whether he can play well supporting a center forward (Gilardino). I suppose Trezeguet did really well with him.

scotsman said:
Instead they sign only duffers over the age of 30 and do not seem able to provide a suitable world class replacement for one of our 2 truly world class players (Sheva, with Kaka being the other).

Nesta, Dida and Cafu are world class players I think.

madtherchot said:
You wish man :) He's [Eto'o] not the best African player. I'd say Toure has been the most commanding African player this season. But thats my opinion, and hey, I'm not from Côte d’Ivoire :) No doubt he's the best African forward though. I also like Essien, Eboue, Obi Mikel, etc. but the greatest African player is ... Kalusha Bwalya! Hey, when was Eto'o the only player on the pitch to miss a penalty? Oh yeah, it was January ... African Nations Cup :cool:

No, he's good ... but not Henry/Sheva good, atleast you noticed that.

It is really tough to compare players from different positions to determine who is the best, which is why I limited myself to strikers. I wrote the best African Striker, not player, and you admit yourself, that he indeed is the best forward from the continent. Eboue is ok and Obi Mikel could be amazing if he keeps getting better, but I admit that I don't know Kalusha Bwalya.

Do you believe Shevchenko's missed penalty against Liverpool in the CL final last year demotes him as a great striker? I don't. Eto'o did miss a penalty, but please check out what he did before then, throughout the competition. Nay, throughout his career. He is a very very good striker.

Last edited:

Rygaar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Albion said:

Albion clearly said that he wasn't advocating Trezeguet as Sheva's replacement, so replying that he couldn't do what Sheva doesn't really answer his question.

I really like Trezeguet a lot and I think that when it comes to predatory skills and the ability to command the box, he is on a par with Inzaghi, Crespo and Van Nilsterooy. He has done so well for both club and country that I can't think otherwise. He is extremely strong, with a lethal shot and terrific in the air. AGE CONSIDERATIONS ASIDE, I would rather have him than Gilardino. Trezegue reminds me of Shaquille O'Neal.

If you could have one of these three to build your attack around, who would it be? Adriano, Gilardino or Ibrahimovic? why?

Hey guys what do you make of this. I was thinking about the role Henry plays for Arsenal. He is their lone striker really, although he wonders all over the pitch. Shevchenko plays quite a different role at Milan. A new concern I have in evaluating whether Henry would excel with Gilardino is Henry's performance with France. How well does he play when he isn't the lone striker? How effective is he when he has to share those duties with a dominant center forward like Trezeguet? Why has France underachieved when it counted most (not in qualifying rounds) since the end Euro 2000? Food for thought.

Last edited:

Schedule