The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

View Poll Results: Should women be paid the same sum as men in Grand Slams?
Yes 10 27.78%
No 26 72.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2011, 15:25   #1041
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Madridista you are from macedonia? I always wondered why pandev was on your fav player list. Though it was just terrible taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Classic Serbian whining about conspiracy, hence making every achievement so amplified.

And the fact that Djokovic surrendered the match against Roddick is another proof of how much of a whiner he is. In tennis, nationality is secondary, its a fact and it always has been so. btw Djokovic was one of the top players in the world for a long time, he has beaten Federer and Nadal several times already before this. He won the US open (or Australian, I forgot). Why all the hoopla now? I really couldn't believe my eyes, hundred thousand people, turbofolk singers and every person related with Djokovic on the stage.
Exactly! A 100k crowd, with possibly 100s of women flashing tits @ nole while hes chilling with his loved ones on stage listening to balkan music. Dayum, serbs just know how to party.

I dont think it has anything to do with self righteousness but more with the situation or standards the country comes with. For example we had a 10k+ crowd after we crashed out of WC to england. Most people were just glad we made such a huge leap forward in this sport. Same here with djokovic winning. First ever serbian player to win a singles grand slam..........huge brake trough, achievement, something do be genuinely proud of.....for serbs in this era so why no celebrate it? Dont be such a party pooper........unless..........u probably mad. U mad?
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 17:55   #1042
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Football is different, there is no comparison. Tennis is NOT a sport that is about national pride. And winning Wimbledon for Djokovic is not a heroic feat by any means to warrant such an extravaganza. Serbia is one of the top tennis nations in the world, they won the Davis cup, which if anything by some logic is an achievement that should indeed be celebrated on a national level far more than an individual winning Wimbledon. Djokovic was not representing Serbia at Wimbledon!

Also, he already won another grand slam and it was not as if winning Wimbledon was such a shock, as he was the top favorite. The entire celebration was over the top, a show of misplaced patriotism and inferiority complexes. I assume Federer was also the first Swiss to win a grand slam, but they didn't make so much fuss about it.

btw milan07, I know pretty well what its like to be from a small nation. Its much worse for us than it is for you. As for your opening paragraph

Quote:
Of course you couldn't believe it cause you don't have nothing to be proud of.
national insult. Also, not true by any means, we had success adequate to the country's limited size/capacity.

Quote:
You represent classic Madrid cunt which only celebrate success brought buy money and fame.
ridiculous stereotype

Quote:
Classic youth TV pro-american product affected buy commercial and brain washed.
keep believing that propaganda that american capitalists are turning the world against you.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:02   #1043
milan07
Security

Fav. Players: Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona

Quote:
Also, he already won another grand slam and it was not as if winning Wimbledon was such a shock.
Have you ever seen him on grass before? He haven't won anything on grass before. He sucked badly. It was a surprise.

Quote:
national insult. Also, not true by any means, we had success adequate to the country's limited size/capacity.
It's not national insult, it's just the truth. This is national insult.
Quote:
Classic Serbian whining about conspiracy, hence making every achievement so amplified.
Anyway I meant you particulary with your Madrid and Rafa cheering.

Quote:
ridiculous stereotype
You act like that.

Quote:
keep believing that propaganda that american capitalists are turning the world against you.
Commercials affect people more than you know. Trust me, I study management and marketing is main case in out faculty.
milan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:07   #1044
shimec
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Bierhoff, Weah, Savicevic, Boban, Zidane, Raul,

Great, we have small Yugoslavia around here, and same big issues with it.

And, about celebrating, yes it was over the top but people have right to celebrate as they see fit. And if this was done under old Yugoslavian flag, I'm pretty sure that you'd be celebrating as well Madridista.

On topic, for now Serbia leads 2:0 against Sweden in Davis Cup. Winner of this will play against Argentina in semi final. If Serbia wins (and I think it's impossible not to win) it will be played in Belgrade Arena. That will be nice to watch.
shimec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:20   #1045
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimec View Post
Great, we have small Yugoslavia around here, and same big issues with it.

And, about celebrating, yes it was over the top but people have right to celebrate as they see fit. And if this was done under old Yugoslavian flag, I'm pretty sure that you'd be celebrating as well Madridista.

On topic, for now Serbia leads 2:0 against Sweden in Davis Cup. Winner of this will play against Argentina in semi final. If Serbia wins (and I think it's impossible not to win) it will be played in Belgrade Arena. That will be nice to watch.
Than you are through to finals, has any team beaten you guys at home?
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:38   #1046
milan07
Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinar View Post
Than you are through to finals, has any team beaten you guys at home?
I don't think so. The atmosfere there is just unbelievable. It has record crowd capacity in basketball Euroleague with 22,567 fans. In semi against Czech republic there were around 18 000 fans. In final it was less.
Old 08-07-2011, 20:49   #1047
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

As it should be for any Davis Cup tie, its hostile and none less than when Argentina plays at home.

What the heck is he doing to its tail He looks a lil skinny though now
Old 08-07-2011, 21:03   #1048
Saber Rider
National Team Player

@Dinar

I saw Marat in Belgrade. He's often here. Don't know why, but people see him every two-three months. He was present at Davis Cup semifinals and finals last year.

@Madridista

You're right. It was overreacting, but that celebration was made for Novak. He didn't make it for himself.

@milan07

Don't attack people on national basis. We're all humans.
Saber Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 21:56   #1049
milan07
Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Rider View Post

@milan07

Don't attack people on national basis. We're all humans.
When did I do that?
Old 10-07-2011, 23:26   #1050
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimec View Post
I said before, if a Macedonian even won Wimbledon, I'd stay home. It just doesn't seem like the right thing to do in tennis.

btw exactly 10 years ago Ivanisevic won Wimbledon and there was also a huge love parade, even though that was indeed somewhat of a heroic feat, as he went in the tournament in the twilight of his career and with a wild card. For Djokovic something like that should be normal. I mean even as a No.3, this guy was much better than No.1s like Roddick, Hewitt, Safin etc. Same goes for Murray imo.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:30   #1051
Saber Rider
National Team Player

OK. Cut that crap...

On topic:

Serbia - Argentina and Spain - France are semifinalists of Davis Cup.

I realized yesterday that Mardy Fish is #1 american racquet. I mean, I knew that before, but when I watched his match vs Ferrer, that fact got to my brain with full impact.
I don't get it. Such a rich country with the biggest tennis history, can't get better player than M.Fish?
From Connors, McEnroe, Sampras and Agassi to Mardy "the 30 year old prodigy" Fish?

Saber Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:00   #1052
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Not just men's tennis but they are feeling dearth in women's tennis as well. Davenport, Capriati, Williams sisters to.. who?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:55   #1053
milan07
Security

The only good thing what I saw in their Davis cup match vs Spain was Bryan brothers.

@Dinar, is Roddick injured or something? He is in such a poor form...I know he got married but I don't believe that he dropped this much simple cause of that.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32   #1054
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

He was injured prior to French open I guess, anyways he's just like Lleyton now a days but just a lil better
Old 23-07-2011, 11:57   #1055
milan07
Security

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/135079 Djokovic visits Milanello
I'll see to put some more pictures later.
Old 23-07-2011, 11:59   #1056
milan07
Security

Old 11-08-2011, 12:51   #1057
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Davydenko choked as always and Rafa lost.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:59   #1058
milan07
Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinar View Post
Davydenko choked as always and Rafa lost.
Rafa, Murray, Delpo...strange to see everyone of them out.
Old 11-08-2011, 21:10   #1059
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

This Cilic - Djokovic match is pretty tight. I personally like them both, a lot, but I'm leaning towards Djokovic here.

Fun fact- Cilic is also a milanista

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:30   #1060
milan07
Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This Cilic - Djokovic match is pretty tight. I personally like them both, a lot, but I'm leaning towards Djokovic here.

Fun fact- Cilic is also a milanista
What about Federer, whose fan is he? Basel?