Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
7.8 points in a Suso 10 pointer game is a 5.5 vs Cagliari. :o

Honestly I saw very little in Ocampos. You can find tall people with some technique in every backyard. The loan wasn't a particularly bad "gamble" but his outings here certainly didn't warrant a purchase. I'd take the better and younger Castillejo over him any day of the week. It's a no-brainer.

Pasalic is a squad player who was too wet behind the ears and has no place in Milan where players should at least excel at something.

Deulofeu has been missed though. Together with Ibra he'd really be a handful for the opponents. At least we sort of have Rebic now

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
they are 3rd in the ranking, that's the most important thing

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
BetterHighlevelBellsnake-size_restricted.gif

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Official: Sevilla to buy Suso

Granted that Sevilla are liable to pay the fee, I would still be waiting for the official announcements to be made, as I suspect there could be a bad moon on the rise here.

I doubt Sevilla are happy with his performances, coupled with the fact he'd be their 4th most expensive signing in history.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The deal is being "confirmed" by mercato gurus like Di Marzio, who no longer has insight into Milan and never had insight into Sevilla.

Any actual official statement/confirmation from the involved parties, Sevilla and Milan?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The deal is being "confirmed" by mercato gurus like Di Marzio, who no longer has insight into Milan and never had insight into Sevilla.

Any actual official statement/confirmation from the involved parties, Sevilla and Milan?

I wouldn't look too much into that.

It's true that Di Marzio isn't as reliable on the Milan front as he was, but in Suso's case, there would be Italian agents/intermediaries involved in his move to Spain so you'd assume those would be Di Marzio's media mouthpiece.

Furthermore, Di Marzio's info about Suso and the figures of the deal were corroborated by Spain's two most reliable sports outlets, MARCA and AS.

The general consensus seems to be that Milan would receive a fee between €21m and €25m once Sevilla qualified for CL - which Monchi hinted at in Sevilla's official statement.

Monchi: "It took a long time to get resolved because Milan wanted to sell him and then a mandatory purchase option in its entireity. - The loan lasts until June 2021, after which there is an option to buy the player, exclusively for Sevilla FC, and an obligatory option to buy if some collective and team objectives are met, not individual".

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Thanks for all the marvelous goals and assists in those poor times. Good luck!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't look too much into that.

Why not?
Hasn't this forum learned from the Niang/Montpellier, Borini/China and Silva/Sevilla debacles?
Let's wait with the celebrations until it's been confirmed by the involved parties.

I've seen that Monchi quote.
It's vague. I believe that he's referring to UCL qualification, but for which season(s)?
24m is and was a lot of money for Sevilla, even before the corona crisis, even with CL revenue. The loan is for 18 months. What if they need to guarantee 2 years of CL revenue for the clause to be triggered? Wasn't there some reports that hinted at that?

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Im afraid Sevilla would want to get out of the deal somehow. He has been horrible for them.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Why not?
Hasn't this forum learned from the Niang/Montpellier, Borini/China and Silva/Sevilla debacles?
Let's wait with the celebrations until it's been confirmed by the involved parties.

Niang was only a 6-month loan with option to buy that Montpellier didn't take up because he wasn't worth the €10m fee that was agreed - 4 league goals in 19.

Andre Silva started well with Sevilla and was a hotshot between August and October, then his form dipped and he only scored 2 goals between Oct - Apr. To compound matters, he *apparently* faked an injury to avoid playing for the rest of the season, resulting in Sevilla's SD severely criticizing him and branding him a disgrace.

There was never any a 'confirmation' that Sevilla would decide to officially redeem him for €30m after 2 months. That was only Italian and Spanish media jumping the gun with speculation after his great start in Spain.

Regarding Borini, there was little substance to the China rumours and a deal was never as close as most journalists and outlets claimed.

In essence, all 3 'operations' that didn't pan out are logically justified, as 2/3 of the deals were loan with option to buy, meaning Montpellier and Sevilla were never at any point obligated to buy Niang/Silva, whereas Sevilla are now reportedly obligated to buy Suso.

I've seen that Monchi quote.
It's vague. I believe that he's referring to UCL qualification, but for which season(s)?
24m is and was a lot of money for Sevilla, even before the corona crisis, even with CL revenue. The loan is for 18 months. What if they need to guarantee 2 years of CL revenue for the clause to be triggered? Wasn't there some reports that hinted at that?

Let's see. Early indications suggest it's all done and Sevilla are now obligated to shell out €24m, seeing as most Milan-connected journalists reported yesterday that Milan would undoubtedly cash in said amount. Certainly, this is a fee that Sevilla will pay in several instalments and they'll afford it through their CL revenue and/or the classic Galliani way of selling before buying.

And if Sevilla try to cancel the deal & send Suso back, well then... Elliott, the notorious hedge fund, won't take it lightly that a big amount will be missing from the transfer budget that will set out RR.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There was never any a 'confirmation' that Sevilla would decide to officially redeem him for ?30m after 2 months.

Exactly.
Just words, speculations and reports, that turned out to be bullshit.

Joaquin Caparros announced that Sevilla will trigger their buy option for Andre Silva at the end of his season-long loan deal with them
?The fans can rest assured, the player will stay with us with a contract for many seasons,? Director Caparros told the club website.

?We have this option to buy and at the end of the season, or even before, we?ll exercise it.?

November 22, 2018
https://ronaldo.com/football-news/sevilla-director-andre-silva-will-remain-with-us-for-many-years/

All those deals were "done" at some point, and Milan fans were celebrating or complaining(fanboys) as if the money had arrived and everything.
And now they are celebrating the Suso deal because Di Marzio, an outdated transfer guru, "confirmed" it.

Do I think that the buyout clause was activated yesterday when Sevilla secured a CL spot? Yes. But Monchi has never specified what collective and team objectives he referred to, and for which season(s). None of the involved parties have confirmed that the deal is done. The deal is not officially done until it's officially done.

I've wanted Suso sold since 2017. I'm not going to set myself up for an enormous let down that I might not be able to recover from.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC55W-7odrf/

“Playing the Champions League was my childhood dream. Now it’s come true. Thank you, Sevilla. And thank you Milan, you’ve been my family for years. Forever a Rossonero.”

lmao watch the video on his Instagram what an ego!!!! he will be on bench for CL congrats Suso