Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Az. said:
Congrats to him,but even if he reaches di Stéfano record ,the difference in appearance between them is huge :eek:

Yeah, and IMO that makes Di Stefano and Ferenc Puskas unreplaceable at Madrid. No matter, congrats to Raul for his magnificent career.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=907838

The media needs to stop fucking with me!!!! First Milan, now Valencia - just make one of them happen :proud::proud::proud::proud:

Edit: Now that the groupism has worn off a bit, I wouldnt be happy to see Banega leave Valencia permanently - but ah what i would give to add that Crespo '9' Valencia jersey next to the Milan '11' Crespo jersey. That is probably one of the few things that could make Banega leaving a little less bad.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Crespo needs to change clubs badly, I think hes stupid to remain in the first place, obviously he had no chance under Mourinho who never liked him and with so many strikers ahead of him. Im not sure Valencia is the best choice, I can see him doing great there, he can play good in almost any club, but I think they need a playmaker before anything, we discussed this earlier, and David Silva is now the Valencia PM, but he is not a natural one imo.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Jivara said:
Crespo needs to change clubs badly, I think hes stupid to remain in the first place, obviously he had no chance under Mourinho who never liked him and with so many strikers ahead of him. Im not sure Valencia is the best choice, I can see him doing great there, he can play good in almost any club, but I think they need a playmaker before anything, we discussed this earlier, and David Silva is now the Valencia PM, but he is not a natural one imo.
Well Rafael 'Im-super-fickle' Van der Vaart had posed with the Valencia jersey saying he would LOVE to play there and it was a DREAM move for him would have been the ideal person.
Morientes is leaving this summer - he has said that, and Crespo is basically exactly the same sort of player that Morientes is. He still wouldnt start if everyone was fit though, so its not the place to go if he wants guaranteed starts.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Atletico 0-1 Real Madrid
v. Nistlerooy 1'

Damn, that didn't take long!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atletico's down to 10 men after Perea receives a red card for slapping Sneijder.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Atletico, a team I liked, is having quite a few problems. Perea... what was he thinking?

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
v. Nistlerooy gets a straight red for a tackle on Maniche; I think it was a little payback for the hacking he's received all game long. IMO, the ref is losing control of this game.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lisa said:
v. Nistlerooy gets a straight red for a tackle on Maniche; I think it was a little payback for the hacking he's received all game long. IMO, the ref is losing control of this game.

Wow... Nistelrooy got straight red?

I don't know what it is really. Anyone playing against Atletico in their stadium... well there will be tons of red cards involved. And Atletico themselves... whenever I see red cards involving them it doesn't surprise me. I do like Atletico though...

Of course this game is on a channel I don't have (GolTV)... grr... $10 more a month for the whole packet... not really worth it. I'm not a huge fan of the Spanish league.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atletico 1-2 Real Madrid ft

So far Atletico has 3 yellows and 1 red, and RM has the 1 red given to RvN; and, being the Madrid derby I wouldn't be surprised if the second half is more of the same.

Simao has tied it at 1 with a sweet freekick, Casillas didn't have a chance. The ref has added 6 min of injury time.

Higuain wins it for Real Madrid with a last min pk.

Last edited:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lisa said:
Atletico 1-1 Real Madrid 90'

So far Atletico has 3 yellows and 1 red, and RM has the 1 red given to RvN; and, being the Madrid derby I wouldn't be surprised if the second half is more of the same.

Simao has tied it at 1 with a sweet freekick, Casillas didn't have a chance. The ref has added 6 min of injury time.

Go atletico! I hate Real... Simao... forgot about him... wish I could see this...

This is kinda odd...

One goal in the way beginning, and one at the way end..

Edit: Ah fucking real.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
deserved win, stupid referee...that red card for Ruud was a joke. I didn't see it clearly but i think that his second "goal" was regular...see what is football, Barcelona owned them in 8 minutes and Real also had chance but too bad that shot from Sneijder didn't go in

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dev1L said:
deserved win, stupid referee...that red card for Ruud was a joke. I didn't see it clearly but i think that his second "goal" was regular...see what is football, Barcelona owned them in 8 minutes and Real also had chance but too bad that shot from Sneijder didn't go in

It was a goal, the linesman blew it; as a matter of fact, the whole officiating crew was IMO pretty bad.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
respect to Real!!!
i loved it!!!! :star:

and what a goal by Ruud!!!!!! :eek:

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aguero is becoming more and more the sort of player that vanishes in big games. He was non existant vs Barcelona, and did nothing special today either.

Higuain meanwhile, has just developed beautifully since leaving River. I thought he left a bit too early, but thankfully hes been able to step up to the plate at Madrid.

Its that River Plate class showing through again - Aguero could use some of it! ;)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Sad that Atleti lost..but what a goal by rud...the guy is top class..

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
peters said:
Nothing personally, they just have bad luck for being city rivals to 'most successful club in spain'. Thats why pathetico, because they are like that most of the time...
have to quote myself :)
If it wasnt for the stupid card-happy ref and his blind assistants the result would be way bigger in the end.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Valencia are beating Numancia 1-0 David Villa scored.

Villa just had a second goal dissalowed for offside.

http://www.justin.tv/memorge1 Here's a strem, although its not in English.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what a fabulous performance by the Che! Amunt!!!

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
what a fabulous performance by the Che! Amunt!!!

Haha congrats but they will get their ass kicked sooner rather than later ;). By the way, what time is the boca vs river game?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Haha congrats but they will get their ass kicked sooner rather than later ;). By the way, what time is the boca vs river game?
You are welcome to keep wishing, like u've been doing since the start of the season ;)

It starts in 4 minutes.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
4-0 Barca 25' :eek:

Hattrick for Eto'o.

Edit: Red card for Almeria's Negredo for a tackle on Marquez.

Last edited:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dani Alves makes it 5-0 Barca.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
lol just turned the tv on and saw him scoring...seems like a trashing is in the cards...

Is Piatti playing ?? I can`t see him any were? :conf:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Az. said:
lol just turned the tv on and saw him scoring...seems like a trashing is in the cards...

Is Piatti playing ?? I can`t see him any were? :conf:

He hasn't recovered from his injury yet, didn't travel with the team.

Schedule