The Fans' Lament '05-'06

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
moad said:
Milan fan's want DONADONI , he is a son of milan , the right man in the right place , we want DONADONI ,look what he is doing with livorno
Forza milan :cool:
yeah that would be a great signing!new coach+new ideas+experience=sucess

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
moad said:
Milan fan's want DONADONI , he is a son of milan , the right man in the right place , we want DONADONI ,look what he is doing with livorno

Donadoni I am sure is a great coach....i mean come on....he was a product of Sacchi's Milan....it is impossible not to be! :)
But I think that if Milan and Ancelotti had to part ways, I think we will be in for a surprise new coach. I dont think it will be Rykaard, Van basten nor Donadoni.....
For instance, next Summer Ericsson will be on the market......do you guys possibly think that Milan are not keeping an eye on Sven???

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
moad said:

hope to be true :star:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
ACMRULE! said:
Donadoni I am sure is a great coach....i mean come on....he was a product of Sacchi's Milan....it is impossible not to be! :)
But I think that if Milan and Ancelotti had to part ways, I think we will be in for a surprise new coach. I dont think it will be Rykaard, Van basten nor Donadoni.....
For instance, next Summer Ericsson will be on the market......do you guys possibly think that Milan are not keeping an eye on Sven???

Ericsson nooooo way

he will Destroy milan just like he destroy England he is worst that Coward

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Eriksson? No way...the guy will have a scarlet letter on his chest until the day he retires from football.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
better eriKsson than ancelotti,better anyone than ancelotti

THE TIME HAS COME-ANCELOTTI MUST
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

GOTTA HAVE HOPE :star:

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
Torcida said:
better eriKsson than ancelotti,better anyone than ancelotti

THE TIME HAS COME-ANCELOTTI MUST
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

GOTTA HAVE HOPE :star:
Nope I prefer 20 Ancelotti's over one Eriksson :) he's a money-whore...

But back on topic :

Milan. What's happened to put our team into a small crisis, notice I said small as we are still third in the Serie A after all. Here's my take.

Galliani. No doubt. Sometimes I even think he is paid by Inter and Juventus to make bad transfers. Even when everything is slipping out of control he still shows off in his ski-outfit instead of buying new defenders that replace our tired and ageing rear-guard. He should leave. Yesterday.

Ancelloti? I'm not so sure. The trainer can only do so much as he can with the players that are to his disposal, if a bunch of said players are on low form or injured, it gets worse. He has of course questionable tactics and he doesn't rotate the squad enough, but I'm not sure if just getting a new coach would do the trick... it's more a combination of elements.

I started this by nameing the two most blamed people for the situation we are in now, I don't defend anyone, I just try to take an objective view on the situation, remember, screaming on a forum "Ancelloti should go, Galliani fuck off" won't help us one inch out of the hole we are in now.

Juventus. Yeah as much as I hate them I have to admit their current team is even stronger than the one they had with Platini a long time ago. They play like a well oiled machine, add to that a very good coach, and the fact that they play with almost the same team as last year makes them almost unbeatable this year, their one defeat in Milan was for a great part because Abbiati wasn't in goal , but Chimenti was. So forget about the black and white bastards, they're in too strong form atm, it's not them that put us where we are.

Inter? Yeah, I guess if you play with half the national team of Argentina, add some brazilians to the bunch you could get second in the league after a decade or so. Nah, we'll catch them, np.

The CL final against Liverpool. Yes, this is imho something that still hurts us until now. Sheva said on the Milan channel that this isn't the case anymore, and I believe him, I think the Milan team got over the blow, but you see the teams that face us didn't. Bottomline is they don't fear us anymore. Before the CL final, Milan was the big giant team, and often just appearing on the field would guarantee us a win because the opponent trembled to play us, the invincible giant.

In may 2005 however, the Titanic sunk. And now everyone think they can beat us, and guess what? Some of them are right, and teams start to play against Milan not regarding us anymore as a formidable opponent, but instead as the team that gave away a 3-0 lead.

To get rid of this once and for all, we need to win another trophy, preferably the CL, and preferably against Liverpool, and preferably with a huge score. Until then, we need to rebuild a new team and this can take 2, 3 even 4 seasons!

But I am sure Milan can pull this off, and we, supporters, should stop the lamentations, and stand behind the Rossoneri as one man, wearing our scarfs with pride, show the opponents that even in defeat we still believe in our team, our colours. If we do that, criticising where needed, let our voices be heard, but not slamming the team even more by negativism, I am sure that maybe not Maldini, but our future captain will lift a lot of trophies again.

Rossoneri per sempre! Forza Milan!

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wow, huge post!!!
However I would like to add my five cents. First of all I would like to refer to the bunch of local idiots who call Ancelotti - COWARD. Let me guess...each time you wright it down in capital letters it should mean somethings? Like abbreviations? Or you just using this word without fully understanding the meaning of this word? Or, like a trained parrot you find this word sound enough to repeat it again and again in completely brainless manner? Each poster here, I wouldn't call more names, I promise, have an opinion as to how Milan should play and most importantly who they should buy or sign, regardless of the team needs and real life situation. And when thay hit the spot with a "right choice" thay completely unable to expalin - WHY their choice is a right one. For that reason this whole forum is full of the dumb statements and, of course, high post counts.

AC Milan, as per today, is a team that can not compete on a high level. There are many reasons for this, but first and foremost is a horrible loss in Istambul. Whatever they say and claim, this horror will haunt them until the end...or at least until they remain AC Milan players.

Second of all, as the game against Samp demonstrated, other teams learned how to play against us. Close Kaka and Seedorf, and Milan will run around trying to bite their own tail. Many of you will disagree, but this a painful truth...Milan is too dependent on Kaka skills to open the game and create opportunities to others.

Third and foremost problem as many of us were able to see and some of you were able to recognize is a change of play or more specifically change of tactics..Some Russians between us will remember the Spartak Moscow gameplay during Beskov's era - short passes, 1-2 runs inside of the box, with an attacker standing with his back to goal. For many years the only place they were able to climb to was the 2nd place. (Only once (at the end of Soviet Era), with Romantsev as a coach, they were able to win Championship - it took around 5 or 6 years). Same story here. Milan's attack is running head first into the opponent defense trying to open it up with intricated footwork and backhill passes. Unfortunately, Nesta and Co, who know what to do in this situation, (open legs, fall down, leave your player onside instead offside) playing in our team and perform aforementioning "tricks" in our defence, to our's and Carlo's "delight". The other team however, or never heard about this tactics or weren't paid enough to play along or just have another plans for the game. So instead crushing the opponent we eat some scrapes from the table, like penalties, never whistled handballs, and 15 minutes of added time, because Milan had not have enough time to finish the game in timely and succesful manner.

Coming back to the main source of my frustration - Gila. I have no doubts that the guy is great attacker, but for crying outloud , can't he hold the ball for more then 3 seconds and provide a pass? One of the old Italian players criticized Gila and Toni for their inability to play with the ball. They can score - and that is for sure, but nothing else. NADA!!! So each time I see Gila getting the ball far from the box, he either end up sitting on his ass and asking for a foul that he actually commited or just loosing the ball to the opponents. Why Milan plays this way is enigma to me, because they don't have that kind of players that required to implement this tactics.

Unfortunately there is no light at the end of tunnel, not this season at least...I think Milans record this season will be only "overlapped" by that one of the New York Knicks. I personally hope for the better, but my expectations are not high.

P.S.
But I like surprises

Last edited:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
To win a trophy this season we most call Tom Cruise … Mission Impossible 4!

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Great post Billy1969!! What a great paragon :

Billy1969 said:
In may 2005 however, the Titanic sunk.
Sums everything up. There were a few details you brought up that my opinion differs from, but other than that you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Likewise newyorker another great post. Some nice points, i totally agree with this point:

newyorker said:
For that reason this whole forum is full of the dumb statements and, of course, high post counts.
One small suggestion newyorker, could you maybe try spacing your post out a bit in the future? With all that reading it's too crammed together. Makes it a very long and difficult read.

GrandeDiavolo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi Weah Massaro Van Basten Desailly Savicevic Maldini Gattuso
Do you think Milan's lineup has been to similar resulting in failure

I think its time for a big change. Our teamwork is no longer at levels in the past. Fresh faces might create fresh results. If Milan does not go victorious within the year its time for change. Lets give this years team a chance to get its unity in place. Theres a wall somewhere that needs to be knockdown

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
GrandeDiavolo said:
Theres a wall somewhere that needs to be knockdown

A wall did get knocked down. Unfortunately, it was our defence.

Reaction score
Dangerous

I think Juventus will win the scudetto, now they are leading by 15 points. :cry:
I think they will more concentrated in C League.
AC Milan is not save now in 3rd postition, they still have to concentrated in Seria A.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
We should give up the Serie A although we don't want to give up. We should try to catch up with Inter.... I think Bayern is a strong team and we will have a hard battle !!!!

But this season, Milan has more problems than last 2 years, the players injured ( Maldini, Jankulovski, Ambrosini, Cafu, Stam, Buffon---> because his injured make Abbiati "left"....... ), the transfers are unsuccessful ( Jankulovski injured, Vogel ??? I suspect if he is the captian of Switherland. Vieri, he is bad luck in Milan. Only Gilardino is good but when Milan play against strong team, he doesn't have good condition. ). Some players don't have good condition ( Dida, Seedorf, Pirlo+Kaka sometimes excellent, sometimes not good, when they not good, Milan always can't win the games )........

And the most important is our coach's tactics is poor, his formation is strange, he uses some players that should leave Milan........

But it doesn't matter, i think Milan can use the rest time of this season to try to makes the players have good teamwork, and we get some new players in the summer, so i hope next season Milan will come back !!!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
Some players don't have good condition ( Dida, Seedorf, Pirlo+Kaka sometimes excellent, sometimes not good, when they not good, Milan always can't win the games )........
What do you mean by that?

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
I think it is supposed to mean that if they don't play well then Milan don't play well. Could be wrong tho...

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
If all our players would give 110% and fight till the end like Gattuso and Inzaghi we can beat any team.

Schedule