Paolo Maldini Thread

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
without stadiums what can he do??

dont forget napoli and roman ultras and their stabbings, last time san siro was renovated was in 1990 for then wc. so if italy gets a bid it would be great for our stadium and the league

We should seriously try and involve Maldini with Milan. We soo need some class after Leo left and Paolo is just that-> class:proud:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
We should seriously try and involve Maldini with Milan. We soo need some class after Leo left and Paolo is just that-> class:proud:

i have my reservations about it, let him do some work with azzuri, i dont want him here till we clear out oldies cause he really likes them, he wanted favalli to extended and he bought back billy( i love that man) but he is too soft on his collegues, galliani and a good maldini will not be an ideal combination, once oldies have gone bring him in and he will be the top dog and will keep young ones in check,

paolo is class but we need a bloody no nonsense classless fucker a scrapper who want to revitalize milan like capello or some one you hate so much.
we are too shit to be act nice we dont want good cop we want a bad cop right now but paolo should be always be with milan as a scout or ambassador but not as a director not right now.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini shd not get involved with Milan till our management changes thier attitude.

One fine morning I don't want to wake up and read Belrusconi bad mouth Maldini also and call him a pig head who refused to follow his advice and sack him.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
He is working like an ambassador helping the FA with their bid.

Yeah, just saw the news, but I need him to come here :D

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Paolo Maldini, seen as
Massimiliano Allegri to Milan?
"It's not yet been formalized.
However not
striking, indeed .... "

So see it right?
"I really like, I like the game
which is expressed to his team.
We say that binds well with
past AC Milan. "
Maldini (photo Ansa) yesterday landed
in Geneva as a testimonial of
Italian bid for Euro 2016.
"I am proud of
represent Italy as the first
I was to wear the shirt
blue.

Lippi says that someone Owl.
"It's always been so. Top
when it comes to National's
always a party against fans.
But going on the percentage
those who jump on the wagon
winner always increases. "

ut this team is a
talent?
"It is solid and is primarily
team.

Who will linger?
"The attackers all
cards to be. Christmas has
made spectacular goals this year. "

His favorites.
'Apart from Italy? Spanish and English
have proven to be
even their 'teams'. Then there
always Brazil.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo

:star::star::star: an amazing video. I showed this to my girlfriend's 13 year old sister who is becoming a very good player and is a huge soccer fan this video and now Maldini is her favorite player ever. She has a big picture of him in her locker at school. She is cute haha

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
P. Maldini: "For a future in blue I'll think about it" 31.05.2010

P. Maldini: "For a future in blue I'll think about it"

31.05.2010 16:00 di Francesco Quintavalle articolo letto 152 volte
Fonte: repubblica.it

Riguardo a un ipotetico ruolo per Paolo Maldini nella nuova nazionale di Cesare Prandelli, che al termine del mondiale prenderà il posto di Marcello Lippi, l'ex capitano rossonero dichiara: "In questo momento faccio fatica a pensarci, anche perchè costituirebbe una svolta sul mio futuro, diversa da quella a cui avevo pensato. Non posso dire sì o no anche perchè non so neppure quale sarà la proposta fatta. La scelta di Prandelli ct? E' assurdo parlarne ora che l'Italia deve giocare un mondiale. Di certo Lippi lascerà e i risultati diranno se la scelta sarà stata positiva, certamente è un allenatore che può far bene con l'Italia".

Go ahead capitano and good luck!

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Apparently Maldini is playing in the Soccer Aid match tomorrow, for those in the UK its on ITV at 6 i think and those outside the UK there will no doubt be streams if you wan't to watch Il Capitano play again.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Wooo. I remember seeing the advert for this ages ago. Is it UK vs Rest of World? Because i didn't see any actual foreign players on the advertisement i saw.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wooo. I remember seeing the advert for this ages ago. Is it UK vs Rest of World? Because i didn't see any actual foreign players on the advertisement i saw.

I believe so, I think I read that Giggs, Zidane and Figo would also be playing.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Paolo Maldini Urges Milan To Buy New Players
Maldini has warned that success will be a distant memory if spending is prohibited...

Former Milan defender Paolo Maldini has told the club of an urgent need to inject cash and refresh the squad by signing new players.

He feels investment on players is required to reform and restore a winning side. His calls come during a time in which the club have been reminded to retrench by holding company Fininvest.

They feel balancing the books by curbing spending falls in line with continuing the status quo with the team available.

Maldini doesn't subscribe to that idea though. He believes Milan will only suffer because of spending cuts being ordered by the top brass and has warned low cost deals cannot fill an expanding vacant hole.

"The problem is that we have to reduce the gap with other teams. We need players," Maldini told the press.

"Juventus are investing plenty, Inter are always strong, and they also invest.

"At Milan there is no will to spend big, but to swap for little deals, therefore people have to get used to this.

"But it will be hard to reduce the gap with a situation like this."

goal

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
the captain has spoken. pure wisdom :proud:
maldini>b&g any day of the week.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He should have Galliani's job, this club needs fresh ideas and somebody who will actually speak their mind.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Paolo knows it better than B&G, he tells them to spend money.
Sadly they may won't listen to him:(, even though he is a Milan legend.
I dream of having Paolo as president of Milan, he is more intelligent. I'm wishing for that for a long time, but I don't know if it will ever happen. At least he should have an important role here and put some pressure on our management with his words.

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
what an ungrateful annoying little person he is. He wouldn't won any of his trophies if it weren't for don Silvio and his money and wisdom, therefore he should trust him unconditionally, even if he prefers giving money to his teen whores rather than to Milan. If I was in B&G shoes, I would un-retire Paolo's shirt number and give it to Favalli, who deserves anoother extension. In B&G we trust :proud: Lead us to glory!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
FSC is airing "The Greatest: Paolo MAldini" right now. A little upset i missed first part :(

IF you haven't watched these profiles they are good....

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
FSC is airing "The Greatest: Paolo MAldini" right now. A little upset i missed first part :(

IF you haven't watched these profiles they are good....

Im downloading right now anything i can find on the man.I want him back at Milan in any sort of way,its been only one season and i cant get used to Milan without Paolo Maldini.

I had trouble getting past Sheva leaving,this shit is to much.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
im downloading right now anything i can find on the man.i want him back at milan in any sort of way,its been only one season and i cant get used to milan without paolo maldini.

i had trouble getting past sheva leaving,this shit is to much.

+1

av1hs89

Passive Fanatic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano
thank you directv dvr!!....i've set it to record all milan material on FSC and was pleasantly surprised when I saw this. Takes me back to better times which I hope will return soon.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
He nees to get/take the Azzurri job!!! I'm waiting!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Hall of Fame: Paolo Maldini

He came from outstanding footballing stock, of course. Father Cesare was a hugely successful player himself and something of an institution at San Siro

maldini.jpg

Words: Giancarlo Rinaldi

Paolo Maldini is the man the rest of the world envies Italian football for. The English Premiership may dominate the Champions League, the Bundesliga might get bumper crowds and La Liga can claim to be the breeding ground of the European champions at club and international level. But none of them has got a player like the Milan legend.

In Italy they call them predestinati – players who seem certain to achieve greatness the moment they step out on to a football field. It describes nobody better than the man who started out at the highest level as a teenager and never let his standards slip for a moment. He was, quite simply, the epitome of excellence.

He came from outstanding footballing stock, of course. Father Cesare was a hugely successful player himself and something of an institution at San Siro. However, a prominent parent is no guarantee of glory. Indeed, the sporting world is littered with young talents who have been weighed down by the burden of a famous surname. Go and ask Diego Maradona junior.

If anything, however, Paolo has gone on to surpass Maldini senior. The official Milan website lists his personal prize haul as seven Scudetti, five Champions Leagues, one FIFA World Club Cup, two Intercontinental Cups, five European Super Cups, one Coppa Italia and five Italian Super Cups. You have to pause for breath just to read it out loud.

It all began in January 1985, another world away. The Rossoneri were far from world beaters when they gave the 16-year-old talent his debut against Udinese. The club had only just recovered from two spells in Serie B and was in search of a new and winning identity. The fresh-faced No 3 proved to be an essential part of that rebuilding process. “I played OK as I remember so it was a good day,” he recalled in one interview about his debut. “But everything was so new for me I doubt I knew who my opponent was.”

Maldini made just one appearance in that first season but from then on he became a fixture in the Milan set-up. Although the club went out and bought the very best in Europe they never found anyone who came close to ousting young Paolo from the side. Indeed, the suspicion was that the Rossoneri team sheet had his name printed on it before the Coach even got to take a look.

It was not just what he achieved that was so impressive, it was the manner in which he conducted himself. Whether at full-back or in the centre of defence he never seemed to get flustered and always performed at an elite level. There have been few footballers who looked so assured on the ball, so composed in the tackle and so athletic when powering forward. Every team he played in seemed to gain in confidence when they saw him in their ranks. His long-time President, Silvio Berlusconi, knew he had found an extraordinary player.

“Paolo Maldini has been like a son to me,” he said. “Along with Franco Baresi he is the greatest player in my time at Milan. It will be hard to match what he has achieved. He was a perfect example of how Milan should be and all the fans can hardly believe he won’t be playing next season.”

He was also an institution for his country. Between 1988 and 2002 he collected 126 caps for his nation – 74 of them as captain – and starred in four World Cups. It speaks volumes about the success he enjoyed that the only real negative note was that he never won a major competition with Club Italia. The closest he came was at USA ’94 when the Azzurri lost out on penalties to Brazil and then at Euro 2000 where they suffered the agony of Golden Goal defeat by France.

Despite the lack of silverware, however, his teammates knew he was something special. “There are good players and there are great players,” commented Alex Del Piero. “And then there are players who go beyond even those definitions – and Paolo is the perfect example of that.”

He made his last appearance in the Italian set-up at the World Cup in South Korea and Japan. There were numerous overtures made to get him to return but he decided, understandably, he had little more to prove. The Azzurri never quite found his likes again and he settled into an elder statesman’s role with the Rossoneri.

“It is an honour to play alongside a player like Maldini,” said teammate Philippe Senderos, summing up how the current generation felt about him. “He is the history of Milan and has represented the club for years. It will be hard once he has gone, to play without him.

“In the dressing room and beyond he is the player who has taken the reputation of Milan around the world,” continued the former Arsenal defender. “He is a great player and at his age he remains hungry for success. Everyone respects him and he never has to raise his voice – because when he speaks, everybody listens.”

Maldini thought about quitting the game in the summer of 2008 but decided to give his club one more season. Once again, he performed remarkably well – especially for a man who had seen his 40th birthday come and go. He was still as committed and keen as he was on the very first day he was thrown into the Serie A fray.

It was disappointing that a few Milan malcontents decided to make some kind of protest against the great man in his last game at San Siro, but there were no such scenes in Florence as he made his final farewell. There was hardly a dry eye in the house as his family and friends were guests of honour. It was fitting that his last game should see the Rossoneri secure a vital triumph which got them back into the Champions League. The old Maldini magic was still there, more than 20 years on from his debut.

“Everything has changed, from the speed of the game to its tactics but it is still all based on training,” he said. “It is all about physical preparation and technique – the same principles as when I started out.

“I have had a good life, filled with success in a sport I love,” he added – and it is hard to believe the feeling is not mutual. Football in Italy and further afield has been smitten by Paolo Maldini for two decades and more. If Milan can now call themselves the club with the most trophies in the world, they owe a large slice of that honour to him.

He was the golden boy of his country, too, although it never brought the honours he deserved with the national team. The game will surely struggle to find a figure of his stature any time soon. Handsome, skilful, composed, professional and hugely successful – no wonder the rest of the world was jealous.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
^^ It was an honour reading that.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Love that article.:proud:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Happy birthday, legend. :)

Schedule