Fernando Torres Thread

Torres will score

• Total voters

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Yuchen Li said:
When Vieri played in Atletico, he is very successful !
Yeah mate, but this was in '96 as i correctly recall, 10 years from now.

Selling Tomasson and getting Vieri was a total mistake :o

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Fernando could be replacing Ruud Manchester United are reportedly ready to swap Ruud van Nistelrooy for highly-rated young Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres.

Torres, nicknamed 'El Nino', has been continually linked with United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham in the past couple of years.

And his performances in La Liga have made him one of the hottest striking properties in European football.

Van Nistelrooy meanwhile appears to be on his way out of Old Trafford after a troubled second half of the current season.

He was left on the bench for several crucial games, starting with United's 4-0 defeat of Wigan in the Carling Cup final in February.

The Sunday People claims Sir Alex Ferguson sees Torres as the perfect replacement for the Dutchman, but adds he will have to spend big to get him.

The tabloid says Atletico want van Nistelrooy plus a whopping £14.5million to land El Nino.

With van Nistelrooy valued at around £12million, that would take the total package to more than £26million.

The People claims United have already had talks with Atletico, but says they have stalled due to the Spanish club's demands.

Spurs meanwhile are United's surprise rivals now in the race to sign Torres.

They had been linked recently with van Nistelrooy, but are believed to be ready to bid more than £20million for Torres.

One potential stumbling block in any United swap deal is whether van Nistelrooy would move to Atletico.

AC Milan are reportedly interested in signing him and that would seem to be a more likely destination.

source:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_1209043,00.html

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I prefer Torres over Henry.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
black-eagle said:
u see yesterday VALENCIA 1-1 A.MADRIT - toress its a Fantasic

David Villa is better... 24 goals so far this season

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
What's up with all those striker threads? We need d-e-f-e-n-d-e-r-s as we have the most goals scored in Serie A already!

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Billy1969 said:
What's up with all those striker threads? We need d-e-f-e-n-d-e-r-s as we have the most goals scored in Serie A already!
finally a wise men amongst our midst...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Milan to monitor Torres Monday 8 May, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan are reportedly pondering a summer move for Fernando Torres after his agent opened the door for an Atletico Madrid exit.

The talented youngster, known as El Nino in his homeland, has been linked with a switch for some time and he’s edging closer to a big money move.

“There was a strong argument why Fernando needed to stay at Atletico last summer and that is this summer’s World Cup,” Jose Martin Otin is quoted as saying.

“Had he gone to Chelsea, for example, he could have risked his squad place given that he may not have played regularly.

“But what reason is there to stay now? There is none.”

The technically gifted attacker is on a number of clubs’ wish lists given his incredible potential on the biggest stage.

Milan have been watching the starlet for years and are known to have excellent relations with Atletico Madrid.

However, Torres also has admirers in England with Chelsea and Manchester United paired with the international.

Chelsea would have no problem meeting Atletico Madrid’s valuation, while the Old Trafford outfit could offer Ruud Van Nistelrooy in a swap deal

source: channel4.com

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
Again? :rolleyes:

I still say we need defenders first,
speaking of torres he'll make a good striker for the future just like Gila,
but with clubs like ChelC and Man U coming to the pic it's either we nab him first or forget it! ;)

IMO if we have the big bucks next season we'll get a young 3rd choice gk since abbiati may not want to be No.2 :head: ....fiori...maybe sayonara,
good speedy+steady til 90 mins defenders, I guess midf we're pretty much okay, and I wouldn't mind Torres as well :)
...Carletto may give Amoroso more time to play this time (I hope) and when he leaves next season we'll be hunting high an d low for another striker!

When we get torres he won't get to play many games for the 1st season, well I guess he wouldn't mind as the next season is after the WC!
...and most prob by the next WC2010 he'll be a regular..who knows?!

well let's just wait and see if Baldie is goin to make the move! :)

Last edited:

megablatte

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko,Kaka,Dida,Nesta
Torres is very good players
Milano need this player
I Love too :cool: :star:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I think I opened this thread before a year or so , but since than I changed my mind about him , he wont adapt to our Milan .. but if they decide to bring him .. its still ok with me .. you never know with transfers..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DugiNesta said:
I prefer Torres over Henry.
:eek:

The only + he has going for him is his age. Torres scored 13 goals this season. We might as well call Pozzi back :o

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
Passion for *9* said:
:eek:

The only + he has going for him is his age. Torres scored 13 goals this season. We might as well call Pozzi back :o
LOL... but at least he's always guaranteed to score in Camp Nou :)

Reaction score
Do you guys know of the new striker we've bought?He is Wason Renteria of Internacional in brazil.This guy is doing so well.I think we should bring him to Milan next season.You should check on him.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
With our midfield it wont matter even if we bring Eto'o + Henry.
We need flanks.
Our strikers r the only position that doesnt need improvment.

Torres is still a great talent 4 me.
Forza EL NINO.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Don't forget Moreno and Jose Mari !!!

Milanetto

AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
tsetses said:
Do you guys know of the new striker we've bought?He is Wason Renteria of Internacional in brazil.This guy is doing so well.I think we should bring him to Milan next season.You should check on him.
Really, who is that guy. Why didnt I know about that transfer??? Give me the links 4 the press reports please

Aegis

Beginner
Reaction score
Yuchen Fish said:
Don't forget Moreno and Jose Mari !!!

don't worry.. we will never forget them.. let's just hope if toress does come he'll do loooot better than those two, but if he also screw up, then from that moment we have to say NO to spanish players.. :)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Passion for *9* said:
Overrated + a waste of €€€ :o

So much truth.

Billy1969 said:

So much truth too!(Unless either of our 3 main guys leave the club).

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Billy1969 said:
Gallas is ours I've heard.

Should Sheva leave we'd also need a striker.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Gallas is ours I've heard.

Should Sheva leave we'd also need a striker.

You sure about tht? I thought we decided to give him to "juve"

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
if everyone remembers... A.Madrid still owes Milan quite a considerable amount of cash after the sale of both Jose Mari & Moreno... therefore i think we can get Torres much cheaper than expected... if so... it wouldn't be a bad deal... but i believe that we can definitely do much better than Torres... whilst he is good... he has yet to impress on big games... we must not allow another Gilardino to happen... else we would be stuck with two talented players who are without big stage experiences... can we really afford that if our star striker was to leave? can Inzaghi & Amoroso fill the gap left behind?

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Torres <> Van Nistelrooy

REDS LINKED WITH RUUD/TORRES SWAP
Manchester United are reportedly ready to swap Ruud van Nistelrooy for highly-rated young Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres.

Torres, nicknamed 'El Nino', has been continually linked with United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham in the past couple of years.

And his performances in La Liga have made him one of the hottest striking properties in European football.

Van Nistelrooy meanwhile appears to be on his way out of Old Trafford after a troubled second half of the current season.

He was left on the bench for several crucial games, starting with United's 4-0 defeat of Wigan in the Carling Cup final in February.

The Sunday People claims Sir Alex Ferguson sees Torres as the perfect replacement for the Dutchman, but adds he'll have to spend big to get him.

The tabloid says Atletico want van Nistelrooy plus a whopping £14.5million to land El Nino.

With van Nistelrooy valued at around £12million that would take the total package to more than £26million.

The People claims United have already had talks with Atletico, but says they have stalled due to the Spanish club's demands.

Spurs meanwhile are United's surprise rivals now in the race to sign Torres.

They had been linked recently with van Nistelrooy, but are believed to be ready to bid more than £20million for Torres.

One potential stumbling block in any United swap deal is whether van Nistelrooy would move to Atletico.

AC Milan are reportedly interested in signing him and that would seem to be a more likely destination.

source: http://sports.pipex.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/05/07/manual_092244.html

Can the two red/bold words be matched???

Last edited:

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This is probably an illusion but...

...immagine:
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------Kaka--------
Sheva-----------Henry