Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
It's the exact opposite to what you're saying - We have the players to beat teams like Croatia who have maybe 3 players who could start for us over other players available when we're at 100%. It's when Conte starts two wing backs (one as a CB and one as a WB), one full back as a wing back, one striker who is barely getting a game, one striker who relies on having the support the team couldn't offer and maybe only one or two players who have any real pace going forward when we look average at best. Regardless, when SeS/Pelle got on and a few players got their shit together, we looked the better team.

Yeah you can say that over and over again, but your words won't make italy better. Italy didn't look better because of those two but because the game was stopped cause of the flares. And even then weren't better just not shit like the rest of the game. I'm not saying that because im from Croatia, because I don't even support this team with kovac and other idiots running croatian football but am just realistic. Croatia is a better team than italy as germany or spain are better then croatia. And it's funny that you say for belgium that is shit, yet by your standard of looking who is better on which position belgium would beat both italy and croatia by a mile. I like Italy, always was my second favourite NT, but not a fanboy like you to talk nonsense over and over again.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Yeah you can say that over and over again, but your words won't make italy better. Italy didn't look better because of those two but because the game was stopped cause of the flares. And even then weren't better just not shit like the rest of the game. I'm not saying that because im from Croatia, because I don't even support this team with kovac and other idiots running croatian football but am just realistic. Croatia is a better team than italy as germany or spain are better then croatia. And it's funny that you say for belgium that is shit, yet by your standard of looking who is better on which position belgium would beat both italy and croatia by a mile. I like Italy, always was my second favourite NT, but not a fanboy like you to talk nonsense over and over again.

Pseudo objectivity just like 'Milanista'... :fp: I say this again - Italy looked better than Croatia BEFORE the second round of flares. Furthermore, the FIGC are suggesting that UEFA are convinced that Croat 'fans' were trying to suspend the game. Why would they try to suspend the game if they were so much better like you totally unbiased, paragons of neutrality are suggesting?

All of what I said is true in the last post and the same can easily apply to Belgium. Two, three or at the very most four superior players do not make them better than us.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
croatia ia better than italy? OK.

Croatia is a nice team but simple lack the overall depth to match up w/ italy. They are a dangerous side who can beat ANYONE on their day. That's football.

Balkan posters w/ small penis complexes aren't changing fact they are small countries w/ limited talent pools who deserve a lot of credit for punching above their weight but are still, doing that... punching above their weight.

Country of 7 mil w/ mediocre at best infrastructure (Relative to football) v. country of 61 mil which again is 'flawed' w/ it's footbal infrastrcture but flawed when compared to spain or germany, not to 95% of the world.

I like a lot of croatian players. I really like their national team. They basically sent their best 11 (Save 1-2 players). Italy didn't even come close to their best 11 and might never cause of internal politics.

Besides Conte is still masively experimenting, and they still drew. The way balkan posters are going off, it was a 4-0 slapping

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
^^this.

edit: And that^^^

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
and yet italy have struggled to beat croatia in their past 3 attempts. even in 2006, italy found it difficult to beat croatia. I am not saying croatia is better but they are a dangerous team and can certainly trouble the big sides if they decide to show up when it matters most. Italy have a weak attack, manzukic is better than all italian strikers barring rossi who is perennially injured. defense is pretty overrated imo and croatia isnt anything special in that department either. So it all comes down to their midfields. If italy utilizes the right players out wide to support their midfield, i can see them dominate croatia. Problem right now for italy is that conte is finding it tough to decide his ideal formation. Italy needs wingers to adapt to the pace of the modern game and until conte finds the right combination to deploy his best wide men, i dont see italy troubling any of the big sides again.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
and yet italy have struggled to beat croatia in their past 3 attempts. even in 2006, italy found it difficult to beat croatia. I am not saying croatia is better but they are a dangerous team and can certainly trouble the big sides if they decide to show up when it matters most. Italy have a weak attack, manzukic is better than all italian strikers barring rossi who is perennially injured. defense is pretty overrated imo and croatia isnt anything special in that department either. So it all comes down to their midfields. If italy utilizes the right players out wide to support their midfield, i can see them dominate croatia. Problem right now for italy is that conte is finding it tough to decide his ideal formation. Italy needs wingers to adapt to the pace of the modern game and until conte finds the right combination to deploy his best wide men, i dont see italy troubling any of the big sides again.

completely agree with your post.

aS for conte.... i mean didn't use close to his best 2 attackers or best midfield. Odd combo at wb etc. etc.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pseudo objectivity just like 'Milanista'... :fp: I say this again - Italy looked better than Croatia BEFORE the second round of flares. Furthermore, the FIGC are suggesting that UEFA are convinced that Croat 'fans' were trying to suspend the game. Why would they try to suspend the game if they were so much better like you totally unbiased, paragons of neutrality are suggesting?

All of what I said is true in the last post and the same can easily apply to Belgium. Two, three or at the very most four superior players do not make them better than us.

Us? You are Italian or? It was explained i the previous posts why and who threw the flares, fans who are in war with croatian FA and management of some clubs in Croatia. Again I will say that I don't think Croatia is a very strong NT, nor will we win any major competition, just that Italy is worse than Croatia currently, that can change in a year or so, but that is just the fact. And Italy never beat Croatia since the independence. You say I am not being objective, maybe you are the one who isn't. And this about belgium I don't even have to discuss.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Amarui/Iaquinta/Luca Toni probably

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Us? You are Italian or? It was explained i the previous posts why and who threw the flares, fans who are in war with croatian FA and management of some clubs in Croatia. Again I will say that I don't think Croatia is a very strong NT, nor will we win any major competition, just that Italy is worse than Croatia currently, that can change in a year or so, but that is just the fact. And Italy never beat Croatia since the independence. You say I am not being objective, maybe you are the one who isn't. And this about belgium I don't even have to discuss.

But there is zero reason to say that Croatia is better than Italy at 100% when you look at the talent they have at their disposals. As swagger said, they are a dangerous team but it doesn't make them better or anywhere close. We're Germany's jinx team but at the moment that doesn't make us better than them just as Croatia and the Czechs are our jinx teams and they aren't better either.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But there is zero reason to say that Croatia is better than Italy at 100% when you look at the talent they have at their disposals. As swagger said, they are a dangerous team but it doesn't make them better or anywhere close. We're Germany's jinx team but at the moment that doesn't make us better than them just as Croatia and the Czechs are our jinx teams and they aren't better either.

I agree that they are a jinx team, and italy has always been a better squad than croatia, but in my opinion from what I have seen I think that cro is a better team atm.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Conte blasts clubs and media
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte had a fiery Press conference after Italy’s 1-0 win over Albania, slamming clubs and media obsession with Mario Balotelli.

“You know full well that I don’t hold back when I have something to say. After six games in which we won five and drew one, some people bury their heads in the sand and don’t want to see what is obvious.

“There is work to be done in a very, very difficult moment for Italian football – more difficult than I expected, as I honestly thought there would be more participation from everyone.”

Conte complained that he wanted another get-together before the next games in February and March, but clubs could not find the room in the calendar.

“I saw little desire to collaborate with the Nazionale. I always experienced this as a club Coach and admittedly there you think about your club and little else. Now I am on the other side, forced to have these lads for at most eight or nine days a month. Now I’d have the chance to see them again in four months.

“I am asked to do great work and transform the Italy team. So give me the chance. Put me in the conditions to achieve that.

“We have to work to qualify for the Euros and then in that month create a solid side. In a day and a half we prepared against a fine Albania team that had beaten Portugal and drawn with France.
“I am not angry with anyone in particular. I just feel after three months in the job, our third Nazionale get-together, I am starting to get a clear idea of the situation.

Everyone says we need to do this, that and the other for Italian football, then I turn round and I am alone!

When are we going to show some love for the Nazionale? Instead everyone goes ‘oh he can’t play, he has to do this, he has to do that.’

“People ask the players to create a team with determination, organisation, unity, etc all in eight or nine days. And people actually sneer at those eight or nine days.”
This guy is such a whiner. When he was coaching ladri, he got into verbal fights with Prandelli for overusing ladri players and once even refused to send Chiellini because Conte said he was injured even though the Azzuri medics cleared him.

Now he is complaining for the same reason but sitting on the opposite chair.

Whine, whine, whine. I remember him complaining about the ladri schedule in Serie A before the season had even started in his first year there.

I promise you that if he were to receive support from clubs now and 3 years later when he coaches in Serie A again, he would complain and cause headlines concerning the Azzuri coach overtaxing his players.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
This guy is such a whiner. When he was coaching ladri, he got into verbal fights with Prandelli for overusing ladri players and once even refused to send Chiellini because Conte said he was injured even though the Azzuri medics cleared him.

Now he is complaining for the same reason but sitting on the opposite chair.

Whine, whine, whine. I remember him complaining about the ladri schedule in Serie A before the season had even started in his first year there.

I promise you that if he were to receive support from clubs now and 3 years later when he coaches in Serie A again, he would complain and cause headlines concerning the Azzuri coach overtaxing his players.
You see whiner I see winner. Conte's a warrior.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
As a club coach, you are going to want one thing, as a NT coach you will want another... this is perfectly normal.

Also, Conte is an excellent manager. He has 3 Serie A titles, a Serie B title, and a Serie B runner up. His teams have played multiple formations and found success with them People are complaining about him already, but he has 5 wins and 1 draw in 6 games. I would bet a great deal that you couldnt find 5 managers in the world that wouldnt be thrilled to have that record through 6 games. Conte is a winner, plain and simple.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
352 is overrated and should be dropped as soon as possible.. This aint fifa -_-

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Conte is like Mourinho in that he deflects things away from the real issues, takes pressure off the team. He's only just started so he has a long ways to go but this Italy clearly is no better off than Prandelli's, and the notion that all it would take is some good nice Italian boys and some old fashioned grinta is so simplistic its almost insulting to the intelligence of anyone who watches football regularly.

Conte may do big things with this Italy but it won't fix the problem which is fat old men who know nothing about football run the FIGC and Serie A, what steps have they taken to insure that the best Italian players are singled out and given extra advantages? In France they have Clairefontaine, and something similar in Belgium, Germany, etc... Have they sorted out the issues regarding youth teams or getting Italian clubs to play actual Italian youth?

Conte is a smokescreen, the issues are systemic.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Conte is the best thing that ever happened to italy imo. i hope he plays ses, des and abate often. Ofcourse he would pick the best team but i believe those 3 are better than all the ladri fodders.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
a Serie B title, and a Serie B runner up.

ohhh.png

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why doesn't Italy just switch to a 4-3-3? I understand that conte has just taken over and is experimenting, but didn't people say conte wanted juve to look a certain way? Well I feel he has the tools to do this now at the helm of Italy.

There's no shortage of options for the formation either. Between el shaarawy, candreva, insigne, cerci he could easily play any of them and the team would be fine theoretically. If conte wants to start shaping his team he needs to play a lineup that will impose itself more on each game.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Mattia Perin (Genoa), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain)

Defenders: Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Emiliano Moretti (Torino), Andrea Ranocchia (Internazionale), Luca Antonelli (AC Milan), Matteo Darmian (Torino), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina)

Midfielders: Marco Parolo, Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Andrea Bertolacci (Genoa), Roberto Soriano (Sampdoria), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint-Germain), Mirko Valdifiori (Empoli).

Forwards: Alessio Cerci (AC Milan), Ciro Immobile (Borussia Dortmund), Simone Zaza (Sassuolo), Graziano Pell? (Southampton), Eder (Sampdoria), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli) en Franco V?zquez (Palermo).

Seriously WTF is this shit??? :lol:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Mattia Perin (Genoa), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain)

Defenders: Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Emiliano Moretti (Torino), Andrea Ranocchia (Internazionale), Luca Antonelli (AC Milan), Matteo Darmian (Torino), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina)

Midfielders: Marco Parolo, Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Andrea Bertolacci (Genoa), Roberto Soriano (Sampdoria), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint-Germain), Mirko Valdifiori (Empoli).

Forwards: Alessio Cerci (AC Milan), Ciro Immobile (Borussia Dortmund), Simone Zaza (Sassuolo), Graziano Pell? (Southampton), Eder (Sampdoria), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli) en Franco V?zquez (Palermo).

Seriously WTF is this shit??? :lol:

Serie A's Finest :lol::lol::lol:

Still drafting in Argentine's due to the lack of talent in Italy :lol::lol::lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wtf are these names i am reading??? Btw where is dybala, thought he has decided to play for italy? Seriously? Eder and gabbiandini?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Huh? What exactly is wrong with that squad list?

Why are you all going hysterical?

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
How does Barzagli get a call,when he's been out all season?
And Ranocchia has been even worse than usual lately.Other than him,Immobile doesn't deserve it based on his form this season and Pell? has been poor of late.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Wtf are these names i am reading??? Btw where is dybala, thought he has decided to play for italy? Seriously? Eder and gabbiandini?

Get outta here.... in the modern era italy only gets the scraps from argentina. Dybala is gonna be playing for the Albiceleste in the near future

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So you are saying vasquez is a scrap?? I dont think so. He is very talented.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But yeah, italy has a dearth of talent. Very poor team.