Rodriguez
Suso
Calhanoglu

In:
Upamecano
Correa
De Paul

How big are these players?

Anyone named Paul should have some extra fat on him but I haven't seen him so need expert opinion.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Rather have RuPaul than De Paul

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lovren agent was at casa milan today

I Don't him as 3rd choice CB but only if he comes cheap

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I really feel the ss we will buy will make or break our season
Seems like it & its why i said that we cant afford to experiment with it considering the minimum 40mil needed to secure an above decent one.
We cant handle to veto Suso's sale & hope for it to work.

But since long time am at a point where i am ok to trust & respect our M&B and our coach opinion so if they wanna keep Hakan & Suso then so be it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
im not defending him, he had a mediocre season, yet we have worse players to get rid of that arent suitable for giampaolos system, like samu laxalt and rr. Hakan can shine in a midfield that is different from scared headless chicken running around. But I'm trying to use logic instead of blind hate.
Hakan should be sold because there is at least two players ahead of him anywhere you place him in midfield + he had a shit season + a team want to pay money for him.
Its like the need to sell at least two of Strinic , RR & laxalt.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Apparently Seri is close to galatasary

Veretout it is then..

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would take Hakan critiques more seriously, if people knew what to critique about him. People say his natural position is mezzala, when that was him playing out of position. Hakan is neither a LW or a LCM, but that is where he's been played at Milan for two years.

Hakan is a CAM. His best games for Milan are when he's been able to roam, like a CAM. Hakan does not have pace, his free-kicks were worse this year (especially his corners) but our set-pieces have been shit, in general. Hakan recovered constantly, whether playing as a LCM or a LW, and it was funny how much better he played when Paqueta came in, because Hakan's passing and link-up play with someone technical (like Paqueta) shows that while Hakan is not fast, he is technical.

Also, Hakan did really well in the second half of his first season. Milan's entire team sucked in the first half of 17/18 under Montella.

I don't know how good Upa is, I hope he's great. I also think that of all the players for the CAM position under Giampaolo, Hakan fits the bill the best.

Hakan has deficiencies to his game, no doubt, I'm just annoyed that people change the bar of success for him, or overlook the amount of passing work he does in the midfield. He sacrificed himself for the team, constantly, and it was impressive what he was able to do, playing out-of-position and being given less license to attack (when playing as a LW) than Suso who did very little defensive work.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Hakan wasnt licensed to attack. Still managed 80 shots.
Dude should stay away from goal as far as possible

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Hakan wasnt licensed to attack. Still managed 80 shots.
Dude should stay away from goal as far as possible

What does that mean?

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
I would take Hakan critiques more seriously, if people knew what to critique about him. People say his natural position is mezzala, when that was him playing out of position. Hakan is neither a LW or a LCM, but that is where he's been played at Milan for two years.

Hakan is a CAM. His best games for Milan are when he's been able to roam, like a CAM. Hakan does not have pace, his free-kicks were worse this year (especially his corners) but our set-pieces have been shit, in general. Hakan recovered constantly, whether playing as a LCM or a LW, and it was funny how much better he played when Paqueta came in, because Hakan's passing and link-up play with someone technical (like Paqueta) shows that while Hakan is not fast, he is technical.

Also, Hakan did really well in the second half of his first season. Milan's entire team sucked in the first half of 17/18 under Montella.

I don't know how good Upa is, I hope he's great. I also think that of all the players for the CAM position under Giampaolo, Hakan fits the bill the best.

Hakan has deficiencies to his game, no doubt, I'm just annoyed that people change the bar of success for him, or overlook the amount of passing work he does in the midfield. He sacrificed himself for the team, constantly, and it was impressive what he was able to do, playing out-of-position and being given less license to attack (when playing as a LW) than Suso who did very little defensive work.

Great post :thumbsup:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Apparently Seri is close to galatasary

Veretout it is then..

Seri cannot handle wet London. He would go into hibernation when the snow starts falling in Northern Italy

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Hakan had his best season as a left midfielder at Leverkusen. Hakan can’t shoot for shit, I don’t care about how good his technique, his shots to goal ratio is trash and if you going to tell me it’s because of the positions he shoots, that tells you enough about his decision making, he should not be going closer to goal in any capacity.

He was brought in to attack. If we wanted a defensive winger we would get Asomoah. If we talking about sacrificing, why didn’t he sacrifice shooting despite being awful at it, instead of passing at times when there was better options. Shooting for glory screams team player. Yes he has a defensive work rate, but is average at best at the back, which makes it a mute point if it’s one of his few pluses.

I won’t miss him. Dude has shown he won’t learn, because despite obvious issues in his games, he hasn’t improved on any of them. But what do I know, I guess if a player pops for half a season over 2 seasons he is good enough. Suso is superstar at this rate.

Last edited:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

The only position Hakan can play at a decent level is left mid in a 442 IMO.

He lacks the dynamism and ball carrying ability to play centrally as a CAM.

There is a huge difference between starting from wide and drifting towards the centre to find gaps and starting centrally and having to move towards the flanks for space and then turn and run with the ball.

To me Paqueta seems to be the only player in the squad even remotely capable of playing as a CAM and even he lacks the pace and dynamism that you would want ideally.

Even if we find him between the lines, he would kill attacks by not being able to run with the ball as required or attack space off the ball quickly enough.

I think you are making excuses for him being so poor at set pieces by blaming it systematically. Perhaps this is the case, but his deliveries don't even give the attackers the opportunity to attack the ball.

Hakan has never done really well for us at any point in his Milan career. Even at his peak at that portion in his first season he was still a frustrating player with horrific decision making.

Hakan was also given total freedom in the front 3 to be an attacker so I'm not sure what you mean by him not being given the license to attack.

We can praise his nice long diagonal switches of play which are very good, but that along with his defensive workrate are about the only noteworthy skills that he brings to the table.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Offside Squad ‏ @offsidesquad · 30s31 seconds ago

La #Roma ha chiuso con la #Fiorentina per #Veretout .

#SQUAD

#Roma He closed it with the #Fiorentina #Veretout for.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Hakan with less licence? Shoots 80 times before scoring.

Samaldinho, good post my bro. But I would add: no matter where u play, your psichological issues remain the same, concentration, selfishness, and at times ridiculous technical errors.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Offside Squad ��‏ @offsidesquad · 30s31 seconds ago

La #Roma ha chiuso con la #Fiorentina per #Veretout .

#SQUAD

#Roma He closed it with the #Fiorentina #Veretout for.

Damnit.

Once again, our strict parameters are clear this summer. That's the second major target we have let go because clubs/players wouldn't agree to terms offered. Sensi and now Veretout.

All in for Praet now please.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan is not someone that has to go at all costs but if a good opportunity arises there is also no reason to not sell him. He got his chances and while serviceable he didn't impress at all so far.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What you are saying is true , i believe most of our players will have a surge in performance under JP.
So Hakan could indeed have his best season but so will other players who are ahead of him.
He is just to limited to keep & what bother me the most is that he lost his freekick ability which used to rival the very best.
How the fuck would you loose that ?

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If that report is true, not going for veretout and Seri obviously means maldini and boban have someone else in mind

Modric/matic??

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
The only position Hakan can play at a decent level is left mid in a 442 IMO.

He lacks the dynamism and ball carrying ability to play centrally as a CAM.

To me Paqueta seems to be the only player in the squad even remotely capable of playing as a CAM and even he lacks the pace and dynamism that you would want ideally.

Everything you said about Hakan is pretty much spot on. I don't know if you need pace or dynamism to be a successful 10 though. You're describing an SS moreso than a #10. Riquelme, young Totti, Aimar, Valeron, Rui Costa are guys I think of when I think of a classic #10 and none of them had great pace or were extremely dynamic from an athletic standpoint.

All of them had great technical ability and amazing processing speed in terms of processing the game and their decision-making. I don't know if that's Paqueta yet but there is more than one type of player who can slot successfully into the #10 spot. The most important characteristics are how quickly you analyze the game, your decision-making ability after that and the technical ability to pull it off.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’d be sad to see Hakan go, but with Krunic signed and Bonaventura coming back from injury, it makes sense to use him in a deal for another good player elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule