AC Milan's Financial Situation Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Did a quick calculation of Milan's share of the CL revenue pool this year. Formula and data from Swiss Ramble's blog and TV pool data working backwards from last year's split - Inter 22 mln, Roma 17 mln and Milan 13 mln.

http://swissramble.blogspot.in/2012/04/champions-league-revenue-final.html

I estimate Milan's share to be 16.3 mln from the prize money allocation and around 20.4 mln from the TV pool. Which gives you a net of Euro 37 million from this season's CL.

This is decent.

As a comparison, Chelsea will get around 55 mln, Man Utd around 34 mln, Arsenal and Man City approx. 27 mln.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Did a quick calculation of Milan's share of the CL revenue pool this year. Formula and data from Swiss Ramble's blog and TV pool data working backwards from last year's split - Inter 22 mln, Roma 17 mln and Milan 13 mln.

http://swissramble.blogspot.in/2012/04/champions-league-revenue-final.html

I estimate Milan's share to be 16.3 mln from the prize money allocation and around 20.4 mln from the TV pool. Which gives you a net of Euro 37 million from this season's CL.

This is decent.

As a comparison, Chelsea will get around 55 mln, Man Utd around 34 mln, Arsenal and Man City approx. 27 mln.

Thats not half bad actually. Although working back by last years numbers you posted the tv revenues should be around 21.27m euros isnt it? Since there were only 3 teams so I am guessing we would get 43.33% instead of the 40% for the winner. Or would Udinese get the 10% for fourth spot regardless of the fact that they didn't get through to the group stage?

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Thats not half bad actually. Although working back by last years numbers you posted the tv revenues should be around 21.27m euros isnt it? Since there were only 3 teams so I am guessing we would get 43.33% instead of the 40% for the winner. Or would Udinese get the 10% for fourth spot regardless of the fact that they didn't get through to the group stage?

Yeah, I'm not clear on that rule. Whether it'll be 43.3% or 40%. Hence I took 40%. So minimum 37 mln and maximum 38 mln.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Giancarlo Rinaldi ‏

@SwissRamble @JacobSteinberg It is part of the DNA! Do you have a breakdown of Italian teams European earnings? Is it more than a few pence?

Swiss Ramble

@ginkers I've not calculated it for this season yet. For 2010/11: Inter €38m, Roma €30m & Milan €26m.

https://twitter.com/#!/SwissRamble/status/195182690880847872

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giancarlo Rinaldi ‏

@SwissRamble @JacobSteinberg It is part of the DNA! Do you have a breakdown of Italian teams European earnings? Is it more than a few pence?

Swiss Ramble

@ginkers I've not calculated it for this season yet. For 2010/11: Inter €38m, Roma €30m & Milan €26m.

https://twitter.com/#!/SwissRamble/status/195182690880847872

Yeah, my calculations were also from the raw data on TV pool last year that he had replied to me with.

Not a bad increase for us then. From 26 to 37 approx. Funny thing is that most of the increase is due to finishing first last season and hence getting a larger share of the TV pool, rather than due to advancing one more round in the CL this season.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
So as i undestand things right now.

Berlusconi wants to sell the club or part of the club.Potential owners dont want to invest because we dont have a stadium or potential to build one because the Milano elects wont allow us.

So..were fucked?

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Forbes rich list
1. Manchester United - $2.235bn (£1.396bn)
2. Real Madrid - $1.877bn (£1.17bn)
3. Barcelona - $1.307bn (£816m)
4. Arsenal - $1.292bn (£807m)
5. Bayern Munich - $1.235bn (£770m)
6. AC Milan - $989m (£615m)
7. Chelsea - $761m (£473m)
8. Liverpool - $619m (£385m)
9. Juventus - $591m (£367m)
10. Schalke 04 - $587m (£365m)
11. Tottenham Hotspur -$564m (£351m)
13. Manchester City - $443m (£275m)

Found this on the bbc page. Looks like we are doing pretty well.

we are worth this much now, guess how much the club would be worth if we actually owned our stadium?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we are worth this much now, guess how much the club would be worth if we actually owned our stadium?

Around 1.2-1.3 billion.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Milan - Warning Signs

Must read

Great work from Swiss Ramble

Basically we are fucked unless Berlu decides to spend out of his own pocket or sells the club :thumbsup:

Brilliant job on the wage bill Galliani. That is the main fuckin' reason why we are so financially crippled atm

And people are actually o.k with Boateng getting a raise

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Basically we are fucked unless Berlu decides to spend out of his own pocket or sells the club :thumbsup:

Brilliant job on the wage bill Galliani. That is the main fuckin' reason why we are so financially crippled atm

And people are actually o.k with Boateng getting a raise
i'm okay with KPB raise considering he'll actually deserve the reported 4mil (iirc) which is just a small increase of 2mil. + made his mark on europe last season and surely attracted a number of suitors, so it makes sense to tie him down for another couple of years or so.

the problem is our huge squad size and the fact that our fringe players (flamini) and the senatores (i heard it was 7mil for Seedorf :eek:) earn way too much.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Says nothing that wasn't known. Confirms the shadiness of our deals with Genoa.

I'm impressed at Infront's effectiveness in generating sponsors.

Stadium development is critical, as we all know.

If we perform each year in the CL and reach knock outs, FFP should not be an issue, particularly with the 45 million grace clause over two years, that the owner is allowed to absorb.

CL performance is fundamental.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
how long do you guys think it'll take to build a new stadium, assuming we start the process say july?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We aren't building a new stadium. We are modifying San Siro with more revenue generating facilities. That work will be over by 2015 it seems.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
After reading the entire article, I really don't know what to think for the future. As much as it seems we're on a very bad situation, it also says we could have already some improvements. Also, we can have some help from Berlusconi, even if a limited one. and it seems we're improving the ways we get revenue, like the commercial one, and we'll also have a good cut on wages. Not good enough, though, I think.

Also, I feel we could get better deals with our main sponsors, even though it's almost pure intuition from me. Maybe it has to do with our recent lack of success compared to what we used to achieve until 2007.

To sum it up, the article left me the impression we're in a bad situation, but we can also improve. However, it remains to be seen how this improvement would affect Milan from a pure competitive point of view.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
This has been mentioned over and over again, but the need of our own stadium is urgent. But even if we would start building today it would easily take 2-3 years before it was ready. So yea we are in a shitty situation and I dont really see a way out of it

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
stadium is not in our hands :fp: san siro is pathetic :fp: outdated like entire league ..

should we jump the ship :eek: @necro is right we are not going to build a stadium .. inter stalled their plans of new stadium ..

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
very nice report .. they forgot to add one factor Silvio Berlusconi .. :lol:just dont die berlu and everything will be fine :D

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
wait, is this 'work' official?

Sort of. It's definitely going ahead, let's put it that way.

This has been mentioned over and over again, but the need of our own stadium is urgent. But even if we would start building today it would easily take 2-3 years before it was ready. So yea we are in a shitty situation and I dont really see a way out of it

It would take much longer than that. This is Italy - it takes years just to get permission to build. Juventus' new stadium took 10 years - 10 years!

But you're right, we need to own our stadium. Those matchday revenue figures aren't a true reflection of what Milan make, because so much of it goes to the council.