The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Either way not too many transfer have happened in general. So it doesn't look like any targets have been lost by the management acting slow.

Still it would be nice if they could complete at least 1 good transfer within the next week! Maybe in the RB position which is a must.

True.. but I just wanna know who he wants to sign.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
In what world do you get 50M for Hakan :conf:. Based on those few last games after corona? For more than two years and a half, he was worse than horseshit. Would be happy to get 30M for him. Take it and run before he gets to his old self again at the beginning of next season

We are a club that hypes our players now. We should sell crap for 100mm.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
tentativo di sorpasso #Milan per #Tonali

Would mean a 4-3-1-2 at times, if it is true that we are still after Tonali.....eliminates the need for a RW. Leao and Rebic as the two main SS playing off of Zlatan?

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I do think Tonali can be a sub for Benna or Kessie as he has attributes of both.

If it came down to Tonali for 25-30 or Baka for 15-20 I probably opt for Tonali....younger, less limited and covers two spots.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tentativo di sorpasso #Milan per #Tonali

Would mean a 4-3-1-2 at times, if it is true that we are still after Tonali.....eliminates the need for a RW. Leao and Rebic as the two main SS playing off of Zlatan?

Think buying Tonali for depth is better than investing in 2 midfielders

And no there won't be a 4312 :lol:

Teams been playing its best in nearly a decade

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Question is why would we buy an expensive high potential kid to be a sub for another high potential kid?

Could mean we’re selling Bennacer maybe ( if the link is true )

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Think buying Tonali for depth is better than investing in 2 midfielders

And no there won't be a 4312 :lol:

Teams been playing its best in nearly a decade

I don?t disagree but I do think that sometimes Saele was almost more of an RM than RW. There isn?t such a massive difference between the formations depending on the players fielded. A lot depends on the work rate of the wide players or in this case, the SS as well.

I would take Tonali certainly, covers both spots.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Question is why would we buy an expensive high potential kid to be a sub for another high potential kid?

Could mean we?re selling Bennacer maybe ( if the link is true )

I think he could cover for both Kessie and Bennacer, with the 4th midfielder maybe being Pobega

Plus if Bennacer indeed has that release clause for next summer and doesn't want to renew, might be nice having Tonali just waiting

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp:
Pioli: “The midfield department cannot be made up of only two starters, but four starters. 22 starters will be needed, it will be necessary to raise the level of the whole team”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'm 99% sure we won't get Tonali and I'm 99% sure he's overrated and won't be anything special in 5 years. At best, he'll be a midfield Romagnoli

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I rather give Brescianini some playing time instead of buying Tonali.
This kinda transfers are not needed atm

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
:fp:
Pioli: ?The midfield department cannot be made up of only two starters, but four starters. 22 starters will be needed, it will be necessary to raise the level of the whole team?

You're taking that quote too literally. Yes, the team needs 22 players worthy of starting XI, but

1. To get consistent performance, you need to field the same (best) squad as much as possible.
2. Guys like Bennacer and Kessie (especially) won't accept to be subbed too much.

MilanCampeador

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I have the Wolves-Sevilla game on but wasn't really watching, suddenly I heard the commentator say "nice burst of pace by Suso". Almost did a spit-take :lol:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're taking that quote too literally. Yes, the team needs 22 players worthy of starting XI, but

1. To get consistent performance, you need to field the same (best) squad as much as possible.
2. Guys like Bennacer and Kessie (especially) won't accept to be subbed too much.

The best players in the team need to start often. But now with 5 subs allowed there is going to be a lot more 2nd half substitutions. Teams with strong benches who can bring on 4-5 fresh players in the 2nd half will have an advantage.

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
The best players in the team need to start often. But now with 5 subs allowed there is going to be a lot more 2nd half substitutions. Teams with strong benches who can bring on 4-5 fresh players in the 2nd half will have an advantage.
This with the 5 subs and extra games we need 2 more mid starters

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
almost none of spures fans rate him, i trust them much more than 3 minutes of highlights.

Serie A is different animal than PL. you ll see he ll be a beast here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
True, idk how I'd have survived across these years without the memories of Maldini tackles and Pippo CL celebrations.

Btw, on the topic of celebration - Theo reminds me of Pippo. I haven't seen such passion in a long time.

Rebic's are also cool, probably very annoying to the opposition.

Rebic maniak.. thats the word for it

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I wanted David silva for 2 years. If lazio is signing him means he isnt asking for huge wages

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don?t disagree but I do think that sometimes Saele was almost more of an RM than RW. There isn?t such a massive difference between the formations depending on the players fielded. A lot depends on the work rate of the wide players or in this case, the SS as well.

I would take Tonali certainly, covers both spots.

There's a huge difference. If we're playing 4312, who tracks their fullbacks? In the 4231 or a 433 that's the wingers, so Rebic and Castillejo would be tasked to track back. In a 4312 that would be the job of the midfielders, so the movements are completely different.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
for players its not always about leagues either, some teams use players to their ability better, look at pioli vs our previous coaches. Half our team looks like new players

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
We spent years trying to get Kebab back on form and make him consistent only for people to want to sell him FFS.

Also for the sake of stability we shouldn't touch our good starters from our recent form. Only Calabria/Conti and Sales are sellable from our starters.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Funny how im worried kebab might get sold. Couldnt give a shit 4 months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule