Milan's History Thread

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Palazzo bagatti valsecchi, l'annullo filatelico: Le foto 30/01/2010

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail_popup.aspx?idNews=115637&progr=1

PALAZZO BAGATTI VALSECCHI, L'ANNULLO FILATELICO: LE FOTO
30/01/2010

MILANO - Grande successo per l'iniziativa dedicata dalle Poste Italiane ai collezionisti rossoneri con la creazione di uno speciale annullo filatelico per celebrare i 110 anni di storia rossonera. Oggi l'annullo è stato attivato a Palazzo Bagatti Valsecchi: per le foto dell'evento.

Ricordiamo ai tifosi che per accedere alla FotoGallery del sito, è sempre necessaria la registrazione.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
HONOR TO THE GREAT TRIESTINO
2/20/2010 6:50:00 PM
Exactly 31 years ago Nereo Rocco passed away. Just a few months later Milan dedicated the Scudetto of the star to him. But still today the Rossoneri club remembers its Parón with commotion and pride.
7080_news.jpg

(ON THE PHOTO: NEREO ROCCO WITH THE CHAMPIONS' CUP AND THE INTERCONTINENTAL CUP OF 1969)

MILAN - The man who passed on to a better life a few months before Milan again became Italian champions, was and always has been, and especially in the golden years of his coaching career, a champion of humanity. The jokes and smirks of the great man from Trieste are still remembered in today's football world, where too often there is too much venom and tension. The 'Parón' Rocco, the great Milanista, remains a giant of the sport even 31 years after his passing.

Milan remember him with commotion and pride. The history of a club which has among its pages some written by Nereo Rocco, will remain robust as years go by and eras come and go. Born 20 May 1912, the Parón was Milan's coach from 1961 to '63 with Gipo Viani, from 1967 to '73 by himself, while from 1977 until his death he was Nils Liedholm's collaborator. Nine Rossoneri triumphs are attributed to 'sior Rocco'. Five on the international scene: two Champions' Cups, one Intercontinental Cup, two Cup Winners' Cups. Plus two Scudettos and two Coppa Italias. Always with you, dear Parón and Forza Milan!

thnkas big man(never heard about him stilll )

why dont we sticky this thread???

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
HONOR TO THE GREAT TRIESTINO
2/20/2010 6:50:00 PM
Exactly 31 years ago Nereo Rocco passed away. Just a few months later Milan dedicated the Scudetto of the star to him. But still today the Rossoneri club remembers its Parón with commotion and pride.

7080_news.jpg

(ON THE PHOTO: NEREO ROCCO WITH THE CHAMPIONS' CUP AND THE INTERCONTINENTAL CUP OF 1969)

MILAN - The man who passed on to a better life a few months before Milan again became Italian champions, was and always has been, and especially in the golden years of his coaching career, a champion of humanity. The jokes and smirks of the great man from Trieste are still remembered in today's football world, where too often there is too much venom and tension. The 'Parón' Rocco, the great Milanista, remains a giant of the sport even 31 years after his passing.

Milan remember him with commotion and pride. The history of a club which has among its pages some written by Nereo Rocco, will remain robust as years go by and eras come and go. Born 20 May 1912, the Parón was Milan's coach from 1961 to '63 with Gipo Viani, from 1967 to '73 by himself, while from 1977 until his death he was Nils Liedholm's collaborator. Nine Rossoneri triumphs are attributed to 'sior Rocco'. Five on the international scene: two Champions' Cups, one Intercontinental Cup, two Cup Winners' Cups. Plus two Scudettos and two Coppa Italias. Always with you, dear Parón and Forza Milan!

thnkas big man(never heard about him stilll )
why dont we sticky this thread???

A Champion of Humanity.:star: Thank you Ashish for update.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
lol

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

its ok anyway it was a rip off from all other reports :D

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
On Rocco, when he won the 61/62 scudetto, he was one of the few Milan coaches who won the scudetto in his first season. Some who belong to this list of honors are :
- Hector Puricelli : 54/55 (only started midway through the season, replacing Bela Guttmann)
- Giuseppe Vianni : 56/57
- Luigi Bonizzoni : 58/59 (although Vianni was also listed as 'Technical Director')
- Nerreo Rocco : 61/62 (Vianni still listed as 'Technical Director')
- Arrigo Sacchi : 87/88
- Fabio Capello : 91/92
- Alberto Zaccheroni : 98/99

So, everytime a new Milan coach is appointed, he has the burden of living up to the standard. Tabarez failed miserably, Fatih Terim was never given a chance, Ancelotti started halfway in season 01/02 but brought Milan CL 02/03.

Remains to be seen what Leonardo can do in his maiden season.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
So, everytime a new Milan coach is appointed, he has the burden of living up to the standard. Tabarez failed miserably, Fatih Terim was never given a chance, Ancelotti started halfway in season 01/02 but brought Milan CL 02/03.

We were nowhere near Scudetto chase.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

leo is ALOT closer w/ upper management than those coaches were though. He'll get a little longer I think

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
as i can recall he coached milan like 3 months or so. you can't do much in 3 months can you?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
We were nowhere near Scudetto chase.

He was sacked after Round 9!

It is rumored that AC Milan have sacked Fatih Terim as coach. The Turkish coach's second defeat of the season at Torino on Sunday night saw them slip to fifth in Serie A, five points behind leaders Chievo.

Oh my 5 points :head: Nowhere near scudetto chase :cry:

AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso admitted he was absolutely stunned by the decision to sack Fatih Terim on Monday.

Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso admitted he was stunned by Monday's decision. "He was a great coach and taught me a lot," he told onefootball.com. "I am sad as Terim has been sacked because of one result."

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
terim shouldn't have been sacked, IMO he is in top 5 coaches in the world. terim, hiddink, ferguson, capello are all miles ahead of any competition IMO. wenger gets tactically outclassed by rookie managers and is just generally a cheif scout. mourinho is an over-inflated ego with man-management skills. he is good tactically, but is nowhere near those 4.

terim shouldn't have been sacked, but didn't ancelotti get brought in and then he was even worse, he was just stable, while terim was a wild-card manager.

what happened with tabarez, i heard he was really bad, but i wasn't really old enough to know about it.

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Typically ignorant comment that rears it's ugly head time and time again thanks to well informed people such as yourself.

He was sacked after Round 9!

Oh my 5 points :head: Nowhere near scudetto chase :cry:

:rolleyes:
You will always come out to defend him(like a ******** dog to its abusive owner), why don't go look into what teams we lost to(and what places they were in) before firing the Fatih the Failure. :o

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
leo is ALOT closer w/ upper management than those coaches were though. He'll get a little longer I think

bollocks
carlo had the best squad of this decade and leonardo the worst of berlu era, he was here as a scape goat but leo is standing up aginst the odds

impressive :star:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You will always come out to defend him, why don't go look into what teams we lost to(and what places they were in) before firing the Fatih the Failure. :o

The only '******' here is you and you actually have a picture to prove it ;)

Why don't you look at the teams we beat ;)

Well I guess in the end he deserved it since we were NOWHERE near scuddeto chase being separated by 5 points and all.

That was you initial argument right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
bollocks
carlo had the best squad of this decade and leonardo the worst of berlu era, he was here as a scape goat but leo is standing up aginst the odds

impressive :star:

he also developed pirlo (who was no1 before him), Gattuso (ditto) and took sheva and kaka to balon d'or level.

But let's be fair.... he rescued a milan team in 01-02 to 4th. WON champions league his first full year. Won Scudetto his second full year. His teams in 04-05 should have won ucl and same with 05-06 (but didn't still got close...). Then he won when no1 saw it coming in 06-07...

He bought himself some time....

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he also developed pirlo (who was no1 before him), Gattuso (ditto) and took sheva and kaka to balon d'or level.

But let's be fair.... he rescued a milan team in 01-02 to 4th. WON champions league his first full year. Won Scudetto his second full year. His teams in 04-05 should have won ucl and same with 05-06 (but didn't still got close...). Then he won when no1 saw it coming in 06-07...

He bought himself some time....

i am not disagreeing with you but i am against your post of saying, leo will stay here cause he is close to berlu sca
he was on the verge of getting fired

anto abate and biggest dinho
a team without its best player kaka is performing well. leonardo bought pato and tiago and kaka to milan shores.
gattuso was given chance after chance no carlo didnt develop him, he was given too much time and he came great.

pirlo xmas tree are the only thing which i will give credit to carlo along with two cls and one epic stupidity in istanbul and 1 scudetto in 7 years, great cl coach but pathetic in league many times 4th and once outside top four

carlos pedgree in cl is awesome but he has been a mediocre coach in the league

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
im 100% sure that terim would have finsihed higher than 4th if he stayed.

fazrulx2n

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso
im 100% sure that terim would have finsihed higher than 4th if he stayed.

terim sucks. all he did was wasting milan's money. i remember one time after a match, maldini was soo pissed off at him, game ended a draw if im not mistaken

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And I'm 100% sure that he wouldn't have.

Exactly!

Because 16 points > 5 points ;)

terim sucks. all he did was wasting milan's money. i remember one time after a match, maldini was soo pissed off at him, game ended a draw if im not mistaken

Damn! Really?

I'm surprised Carlo didn't get murdered then after the worse results we had under him that season. And I'm sure he had to be held back by the whole team after the Deportivo/Liverpool debacle :rolleyes:

Maldini defends Terim

Paolo Maldini has defended former Milan coach Fatih Terim, and believes the players should share the blame for their dismal start to the season.

Now that the Turkish boss has been replaced with Carlo Ancelotti, Maldini says that the whole team has to share the blame for their not-so brilliant start of the season .

The Italian international said: "The fact that it was Terim who was sent away doesn't mean that this has been just his failure. It means that we all failed."

The veteran defender has also denied that members of the squad ever had any problems getting along with the former Galatasaray and Fiorentina manager.

He continued: "There has never been any kind of problem with the coach and I don't believe the team is dong so bad after all.

"However, these are decisions that the management has every right to take. We could talk about the reasons for this situation for hours, and some of them are no doubt even debatable.

"But the fact remains that the management knows the real reason for this and I am sure Adriano Galliani will tell us face to face."

Meanwhile, Maldini, who has already worked with Ancelotti when AC Milan's new coach was still playing for the Rossoneri, admitted he is very happy to have him back in the team.

Maldini said: "We had a wonderful relationship as players and I don't see why thing should change now only because he is the Boss."

Maldini says he has no idea of what, if any, changes Ancelotti will want to make, but he says that the true sprit of the team will hardly be touched.

He concluded: "Our team has always had certain features that make it very hard to line it up as a defence-playing squad. So I don't think this aspect will change much."

fazrulx2n

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso
Damn! Really?

I'm surprised Carlo didn't get murdered then after the worse results we had under him that season. And I'm sure he had to be held back by the whole team after the Deportivo/Liverpool debacle :rolleyes:

carlo is italian

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Milan club i.e.o.: Eccolo!

MILAN CLUB I.E.O.: ECCOLO!

MILAN CLUB I.E.O.: ECCOLO!
04/03/2010 10.57.00

Inaugurato lunedì mattina il Milan Club dell'Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, alla presenza di Adriano Galliani e del Professor Veronesi. Un Milan Club intitolato a due "giganti": Franco Baresi e Paolo Maldini

MILANO - Importante giornata, quella di lunedì, per i colori rossoneri e per l’Associazione Italiana Milan Clubs.
A mezzogiorno, presso l’Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, è stato inaugurato il Milan Club “Franco Baresi-Paolo Maldini”.
Presenti alla cerimonia, oltre ai due Capitani del Milan, l’Amministratore delegato e Vice Presidente Vicario Adriano Galliani, e, a fare gli onori di casa, il Prof. Umberto Veronesi.
La mattinata si è aperta con la visita da parte della delegazione rossonera a due reparti dell’ospedale, Senologia e Urologia, dove i pazienti hanno potuto incontrare Franco Baresi e Paolo Maldini: un momento davvero molto emozionante.
Gli ospiti rossoneri durante la visita sono stati accompagnati dall’equipe dell’Istituto, tra cui l’Amministratore delegato Dott. Carlo Ciani (Presidente Onorario Milan Club IEO) e il Direttore Generale Dott. Stefano Michelini (Presidente Milan Club IEO). Il Prof. Veronesi ha poi accolto tutti nel suo studio personale, raccontando brevemente le linee guida e l’operato dello IEO.
Successivamente, presso l’aula magna dell’ospedale, si è svolta la presentazione del nuovo Milan Club IEO nato grazie alla passione e alla dedizione dei cinque soci fondatori: la dott.ssa Viviana Galimberti, il dott. Gabriel Farante, il Sig. Maurizio Fiorenza (capitano da sempre della squadra FC IEO), l’ing. Silvia Oldazzi e il dott. Daniele Piacentini.
Davanti a numerosi tifosi, nonché soci del Club, il Dott Piacentini, Direttore del Personale dello IEO e Vice Presidente del Milan Club IEO ha dichiarato: “Siamo molto felici della nascita di questo nuovo Milan Club, non solo perché all’interno dell’Istituto è presente un gran numero di tifosi rossoneri, ma anche perché è per noi motivo di grande orgoglio ospitare in questa sede i colori del Club più Titolato al Mondo”.
Dopo le foto ufficiali e un veloce brindisi, Franco Baresi e Paolo Maldini hanno incontrato i soci del Club per i saluti.
:star::star::star:

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
Translation pls?

(Google Tran)
Opened Monday morning, the Milan Club at the European Institute of Oncology, the presence of Adriano Galliani and Professor Veronesi. A Milan Club entitled to two "giants": Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini

MILAN - important day to Monday for the Rossoneri colors and the Italian Association of Milan Clubs.
At noon, at the European Institute of Oncology, Milan Club was inaugurated on "-Paolo Maldini Franco Baresi."
Present at the ceremony, in addition to the two captains of Milan, the Chairman and Deputy Chairman Adriano Galliani, and, to do the honors, Professor Umberto Veronesi.
The morning began with a visit by the delegation Rossoneri to two wards of the hospital, breast and urology, where patients were able to meet Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini, a very emotional moment for me.
Guests Rossoneri during the visit were accompanied by the team of the Institute, including the Chief Executive Officer Dr. Carlo Ciani (Honorary President Milan Club IEO) and the Director-General Dr Stephen Michelini (President Milan Club IEO). Professor Veronesi then welcomed all in his personal study, describing briefly the guidelines and work of the IEO.
Later, in the Great Hall of the hospital, we had the unveiling of the new Milan Club IEO born thanks to the passion and dedication of the five founding members: Dr. Viviana Galimberti, Dr. Gabriel Farante, Mr. Maurizio Fiorenza (captain always the FC IEO), Ing. And Dr. Silvia Oldazzi. Daniele Piacentini.
Before numerous supporters and Club members, Dr Piacentini, Director of Staff and Vice President of the IEO IEO Milan Club said: "We are very happy with the birth of this new club AC Milan, not only because within the Institute There are a large number of Milan fans, but also because it is a source of great pride for us to host here the colors of the most successful club in the World. "
After the official photos and a quick toast, Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini have met members of the Club for the greetings.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Milan glorie in dubai

MILAN GLORIE IN DUBAI

Emirates Airline Dubai Football 7s kicks into action

17692_thumb.jpg

In just a matter of hours, some of the finest footballers to have graced the game will be in action at 7he Sevens as the Emirates Airline Dubai Football 7s kicks off.

Legendary players from eight great clubs will face off in what promises to be a thrilling all-stars tournament, while a host of up-and-coming stars from AC Milan, Arsenal, Blackburn, Brondby, Celtic, Feyenoord, Leeds and Olympiacos will take each other on in the professional tournament.

17691_big.jpg

Adding to the excitement of the weekend will be the 300-plus amateur teams that have signed up. Players ranging from the age of eight to veterans of the game will get the chance to rub shoulders with the stars.

“This really is something special with so many players of all ages, cultures and abilities taking part in one tournament,” said Liverpool legend Ian Rush.

“Having been involved in the launch of the tournament a couple of months back, the excitement has been building and I am looking forward to finally getting out there and playing this weekend,” added the man who represented Liverpool on an incredible 660 occasions, scoring 346 goals in his career there.

Dubai-based Derek Whyte - who spent seven years with Celtic - also expressed his excitement at the prospect of once again playing alongside his teammates in his adopted home city.

“I am sure this is going to be a wonderful weekend. Dubai really knows what it’s doing when it comes to hosting major sporting events and I have no doubt that this weekend’s tournament will give the fans something to cheer about,” he said.

Mostafa Karam, Emirates’ Senior Vice President Customer Affairs & Service Audits, is also looking forward to the event. “It is wonderful to be welcoming all these great legends of the game to Dubai to take part in the first ever Emirates Airline Dubai Football 7s. Emirates is delighted to have played an integral part in the launch of such an exciting tournament and we are looking forward to a fun-packed festival of football over three days at 7he Sevens.”

17690_big.jpg

Speaking about the professional tournament, Walter De Vecchi, coach of the AC Milan side, said: “We are very pleased to be a part of the first ever Emirates Airline Dubai Football 7s and I have no doubt that the players we have here representing AC Milan will make a great impact on the tournament. These are the future stars of the club and there will be some great talent on display this weekend.”

The legends tournament will kick off with AC Milan taking on Celtic at 10:41 on Friday, while the first of the professional matches will see Arsenal coming up against Feyenoord just after 09:00.

The tournament will also see a number of activities taking place off the pitch. There will be a children’s play area in the village with numerous inflatable games and other games on offer, as well as a dedicated family stand, while autograph signing sessions will take place throughout Friday and Saturday.

The Aggreko Soccerettes will be on the pitch in between matches, keeping spectators entertained with their hip dance moves, and once the action has come to an end on the pitch, the crowds can continue the party with popular Dubai-based band the Maple Jacks playing on Friday night, while DJ Tim Cheddar will be keeping the entertainment going on Saturday night.

A free bus service will be on offer to transport fans from 7he Sevens back to several convenient locations across Dubai.

Tickets to get in on the action this weekend will be available at the gate at 7he Sevens. Friday tickets cost Dh125 and Saturday tickets Dh150, while season tickets for both Friday and Saturday cost Dh200.

For team information and the legends and professionals schedule, log on to: www.dubaifootball7s.com.

Schedule