Christian Abbiati Thread

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello

Kakà and Abbiati speaking with the Curva Sud leaders outside San Siro a few minutes ago

BZyo-OzCMAEXdM6.jpg:large

Kaka & ABI Braves :star:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Gabriel would have stopped the shot. I never want to see Abbiatti play for this team again.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
A beast today. Keep it uppp!!!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Champions League ‏@ChampionsLeague

Abbiati, ACMilan: It was important for a number of reasons. It's always difficult to play here, but we proved to be a united group.

Abbiati, ACMilan: Here you hear every single CelticFC fan singing. I congratulated all my team-mates because it was not easy at all.

Abbiati, ACMilan: It was important for us and for our fans, hopefully it will give us confidence and we can build from here.

Abbiati, ACMilan: We all know that we are wearing a very important shirt, so I'm sure we can come through this difficult situation.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
@OptaPaolo 4h
5 - Christian Abbiati had to make 5 saves for AC Milan on both fixtures vs Ajax in this Champions League campaign. Extraordinary.

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
UEFA's team of the week. Abbiati's second appearance on the list this season.

1475945_644884505554326_182157997_n.jpg

Mexes_5

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kaka, Mexes, Pazzini
This guy is something else..

Never known such an injury prone keeper..what the hell

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ABBIATI: "AFTER MILAN I'LL QUIT"

MILANELLO – Christian Abbiati spoke to the press ahead of Sunday evening’s derby at the San Siro at 20.45:

"The derby is always a spectacular match and we probably need this win a bit more than them at the moment. We’ve been doing alright recently. We got the draw on Monday and there was some disappointment because at the end we could have even won it but a draw was probably the right result. The closure of the terraces? I can’t imagine a derby without both the terraces full of fans and I hope they’ll both be open. It’s great to see the banners on both ends of the pitch and I’m in complete agreement with Galliani. Atletico Madrid? They’re in my heart. It was only experience as a footballer abroad and I was very happy with the time I spent there. I’m aware that it’ll be a tough couple of matches though. Monday? We were made to suffer against a team that plays very well. The draw has been good for morale ahead of the derby. We would have been sad today if we had lost.”

“Kakà is training well this week. He’s real champions the way he approaches matches and this one will be no different. I don’t see him as being particularly stressed or nervous. On Sunday we’ll have to replicate everything we’ve been doing during the week. Gattuso and Brocchi? Hand on my heart, when I read the news it was really out of the blue. They’re both great guys and I’ve been following everything. I feel very calm, but it’s a real shame for their image. You have to crack down on racist chanting that’s for sure, but I don’t agree with this territorial decimation definition. Southern fans always call me names as well.”

“We’ll have to defend with all 11 players on Sunday. Everyone has to run in the modern game, you can’t leave two or three players up front without having to track back. We’re working on this and I think we’re improving. President Berlusconi? We talked about what kind of shape I’m in and other things, personal stuff not related to football. Gabriel? He’s young and of course he has to improve. He’s good keeper for me with great qualities. The mistakes on Sunday are down to a desire to do well, maybe overdoing things perhaps but he has quality and can be the future of this team. It’s not easy to play for Milan and to wear this jersey. I’m lucky as I have a fairly cold character and it doesn’t get to me if I’m criticized or booed. Actually, it helps build me up. Winning the derby would be good ahead of Christmas and we need the three points more than them. Inter are 9 points ahead of us. I don’t even look at the table anymore. I saw it once and I felt like crying. We haven’t been up to scratch in this first half of the season. On Monday evening, I was unwell and I threw up at half time. Will I stay another season? It’s normal at the age of 37 that some injury problems will catch up with you. We train every day and even the younger players have problems. I’m available though and it’s not written that I always have be the first choice. I’m available like I said. Obviously if the club says enough is enough, then that’s it. I’d say that if I don’t a sign a new contract here, it’s 90% sure that I’ll quit playing. Perin? He’s good keeper and I like what he’s doing this year. There’s a lot of pressure at the San Siro and you’re under the spotlight every day. It’s not easy.”

“We hope to repeat the comeback that we had last season but we have to move one game at a time. The fans after Milan-Genoa? The team is reacting but we need a win in the league. The best derby ever? The semi-final win in the Champions League of course!” Balotelli? It’s impossible to see him agitated! I see him as I always see him. He jokes, laughs and trains. I don’t know if that will change ahead of this weekend, but I don’t think so.”

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/150527

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I think Abs is a great and loyal player. I think we should bring in Perin and keep Abs for next year to play backup to Perin, or even start if he's in a good fun of form. I really like the idea of him staying as a backup because he's proven goods. As long as he doesn't have an outrageous contract then it would be great to keep him for another year at least, especially if we bring in Perin and he can mentor him and be a completely reliable backup when needed.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
The agent of Christian Abbiati is hopeful that his client will sign a new one-year contract with Milan.

The 36-year-old’s current agreement will expire in June and he recently suggested he could quit the game entirely if the Diavolo show him the door.

“There is a love between Abbiati and Milan which will last forever,” Claudio Vigorelli told TMW in an interview.

“If Milan want to renew his contract for a further season then Christian would accept because I don’t think he can see himself at another club.

“There are positive sensations, but, like always, we will have to meet with Vice-President Adriano Galliani.”

The former Italian international was signed by Milan in 1998. He spent time on loan at Juventus, Torino and Atletico Madrid in his career, but returned to San Siro in 2008.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Baldie got so many great saves today. Hopeless Atalanta boys can't do shit in front him.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
1 year contract extension please :o

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
This guy looked like he had no reflexes at all, Milan need a new GK. Sometimes this guy plays well other days he sucks

Rojonegro

AC Milan
Reaction score
And people are upset at bonera? I thought Amelia was the statue. Abbiati sucked today bad, really bad.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I personally don't think he was to blame for any of the goals last night.

Zapata was at fault for the first as he didn't even try and block the ball through which was close to him and was unaware of the player behind him. Bonera clearly at fault for the 2nd goal and the shot was right in the corner and with pace and therefore I don't think Abbiati should be blamed for that. Urby was at fault for the third as he lost his man and after that I couldn't watch any more.

Schedule