Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Dang he was really crying after the game?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
1mln $ / year crying shoulder

I'm glad he was crying, at least someone cares...

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Game wasn't on him at all, poor guy. Concedes 5 because he has no team in front of him. All defenders were tragic, midfield bar Bennacer weren't doing anything to help. Suso atypical never defends, Hakan being Hakan. Can't expect keeper to be against the most lethal attack in the league so far alone to not concede... had some fine saves too.

Won't be surprised if him and Ale are gone next summer, they are two - along with Theo and maybe Bennacer if more consistent - who can be class players and will stagnate here if there aren't changes from the top down in the club.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Crying

buvuyy7237641.jpg

Could have saved 1 or 2 goals.

Get rid asap.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Donna's 6m+1m net is a bit more than that, unless you think Tony earned his 1m net salary(same as Abbiati's) at Asteras Tripolis in Greece.

A decent player will always earn much more as the backup for a big team, than what he earned for being a starter for a shit club.

If we signed "the equivalent non Gigio's brother of Tony" we would pay him slightly less but not much less.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A decent player will always earn much more as the backup for a big team, than what he earned for being a starter for a shit club.

You're comparing him to cases like Krunic & Kucka. Players that had done well for smaller Serie A clubs and were recruited to be the 1st choices off the bench.
Tony had failed at Genoa and Bari(Serie B) and played in 21 out of 30 league games for a bottom-table Greek league side. He was supposed to be the 3rd choice GK. They usually earn 0.5m or less.

Anyway, he has done way above expectations and I don't mind him and his brother extending and keeping their salaries.
But it seems like they demand even more now.

In a few months we'll be in the same situation as in the God awful summer of 2017. Last summer mercato before their contracts expire. Donnaraiola have us by the balls again.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
50 mil will be used good by m+b.

50m is low for gigio in this day and age, still super young, has a ton of experience at top level already, should try to get between 60-70 for him if sold. only negative is his contract year

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
50m is low for gigio in this day and age, still super young, has a ton of experience at top level already, should try to get between 60-70 for him if sold. only negative is his contract year
The issue is he is near the end of his contract.

Best thing to do is to renew then sell.

But then you are running the risk of being stuck with his high wage if nobody wants to buy.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
The issue is he is near the end of his contract.

Best thing to do is to renew then sell.

But then you are running the risk of being stuck with his high wage if nobody wants to buy.

still, gotta re-sign him even with high contract since if it goes to the last year of contract that's bad news as it could turn out quite rough for us

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Renew and then sell for a lot more money and given the high inflation rate of footballers transfer fees Milan can sell Donna for a lot of money.

Ideally sell after we got into UCL by then it will be easier to attract high quality gk.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Depends on the contract... even then I dont think he will go for Buffon money. 40/50... 60 if we're lucky.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Our best player should renew.

I hope he stays and renews, but I wouldn't blame him if he chose a new team to go forward with given how we've been and the direction we look to be going. He definitely has a Milan heart... wish more people here had that!

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind he'll retire as one of the greatest goalkeepers to have played the game.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
If one player is to break Maldini's appearance record, it can be this kid. I really hope he stays. He is a phenomenon.

Reaction score
It angers me to hear his motherfucking agent Raiola wants to include a release clause of "under 50 mil" for this guy. There's keepers like Kepa and some other shits being sold for 80 mil and the best keeper in the world will go for 40?

They should put a clause of at least 150 mil in his contract and that's it.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Two games and two penalty saves.

He was immense last night and pulled off great saves.

I just hope we get the contract situation sorted ASAP.

Schedule