Sulley Muntari Thread

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The possible Robinho, Muntari and Boateng goal celebration dance. :eek:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
My only hope is that he will merge with Ibra and Prince as they played together, anyway, welcome here and please do your best.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
trololololol

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
Official: Milan loan Muntari from Inter
by Meytar Zeevi under Transfers and Rumours

AC MILAN have taken Sulley Muntari on loan, as well as two young strikers.

Milan have signed a midfielder on loan on the last day of the transfer market as they’ve taken Inter’s Sulley Muntari, who is currently with Ghana in the African Cup of Nations and will return only in a couple of weeks.

Muntari, who has never been a key player for Inter and usually started from the bench (and still had some moments of brilliance), has come to “reinforce” Milan’s midfield which needed options due to the injuries.

“A.C Milan have signed Sulley Muntari on a loan deal,” a statement on the Rossoneri’s official website read on Tuesday. It’s not yet clear who is happier about this transfer: the Milan fans who have got another player for the midfield, or Inter fans who were delighted to give the 27-year-old Sunderland-reject to Milan.

Muntari’s contract ends in the summer so it won’t be a surprise if Milan decide to sign him permanently then because it’ll be cheap. They took Muntari instead of Angelo Palombo, who instead signed for Inter.

Milan have also signed Lucas Roggia (born in 1991, striker) from Sport Club Internacional and have brought back Kingsley Umunegbu (22-year-old striker) from FC Chiasso. Both not for the 1st team.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/01/31/official-milan-loan-muntari-from-inter/

======

thanks for pointing that out :lol:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Could Nocerino or Boateng do it?

:max::max:

Both of these goals are more technically impressive then muntaris who is unmarked with muslera on the other side half asleep.

Anyway inter fans celebrating this move. They must hate depth and good technique lolz.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'll certainly be bemused tho as to where Milan stand at the end of this month. I'll keep a close eye on where we stand in the table after the juventus game at san siro, I'll also keep a close eye on where we stand at the end of arsenal game. First leg of the coppa italia would also be interesting.

And if.. by chance if... we are out of all 3 competitions at the end of this month which is one of the scenarios that could happen. I would ask myself: Whether it was another squad player that we needed even if it was free or was it someone like tevez. And if I do come to the conclusion that Tevez would have been an infinitely better investment eventho more expensive player than a free muntari then everyone here would absolutely be right to vent out their frustration at a potentially abhorrent mercato.

However if things do play out in our favor or even stay the way they are I would consider Galliani a genius.

Point being. Next month decides how good Galliani has been.

Abhorrent mercato? Winter is supposed to be for tweaks. Mesbah seems like an excellent fit in that category (Maybe better than a tweak). Look at any big club around the world - no one goes all out in the winter. Transfer tards might expect many things, but clubs need to be conscious of budgets in mid-season.

Tevez deal was always gonna be only on loan with an option to buy. If City wants money now, we wont spend it, simply because its way too risky on someone like Tevez.

End of the day, we have a really good team and we've just won the Scudetto. Relax about the league - if we lose, we lose. It's a part of the game. Juventus and Milan are both quality and one of the two will win the league. Like it has been prior to 2006. All I want is to see OUR players giving their best and I'm sure they will.

I would judge Allegri and the team on the CL though. Would be nice to see some improvement there.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He was a main starter in 08-09, with zlatan.

4 goals, 6 assists.

new xavi

Special One

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, Gattuso, Abate, Kaka, Inzaghi, Boateng
disappointed we didnt get montolivo instead...but i think all the hating on muntari is over the top, he's not as bad as some people are making out..if jose mourinho wanted him at inter thats saying alot, plus i remember he earned a good reputation when at udinese...whats with all the hate? hes not old, hes not another Emerson (i fuckin hope not)

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Fuck Merda fans :spank:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
nocerino is zidane compared to muntari, lol @ people here trying to justify inter trash :lol:

@ necro

milan didnt even get the tweaks needed in the squad, no one is expecting the dollar store to go all out.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Abhorrent mercato? Winter is supposed to be for tweaks. Look at any big club around the world - no one goes all out in the winter. Transfer tards might expect many things, but clubs need to be conscious of budgets in mid-season.

Tevez deal was always gonna be only on loan with an option to buy. If City wants money now, we wont spend it, simply because its way too risky on someone like Tevez.

End of the day, we have a really good team and we've just won the Scudetto. Relax about the league - if we lose, we lose. It's a part of the game. Juventus and Milan are both quality and one of the two will win the league. Like it has been prior to 2006. All I want is to see OUR players giving their best and I'm sure they will.

I would judge Allegri and the team on the CL though. Would be nice to see some improvement there.

How can this not bother you? We were supposed to move forward from last year , not one step back. We have spent enough time in transition playing in Europa League , getting raped by United etc etc . It would be nice to see us playing well in the UCL maybe reaching quarters or even semi's . By the looks of it with the toughest of games coming in the next one month and the squad we have available looks like we wont be beating arsenal and handing jube a comfortable lead at the top. If that's not worth getting mad about , what is? Nothing is worse than taking a step backward.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Abhorrent mercato? Winter is supposed to be for tweaks. Look at any big club around the world - no one goes all out in the winter. Transfer tards might expect many things, but clubs need to be conscious of budgets in mid-season.

I was definitely not expecting DDR or Montolivo but Tevez was pretty much ripe for the taking. As far as i followed the tevez deal the only point of conflict was the 8 mil penalty that milan would have to pay if we refused the right to redeem tevez. Personally i find that quite trivial and dont really see why we wouldnt redeem tevez unless galliani was yanking city's chain to begin with. I really think that his behavior with mancini is a non-issue and a stumbling block in the matter.

Maybe but the Tevez deal could have been the difference maker if it worked right? I mean he is a guy who has the ability to break down any defense unlike our choking strike force. I would mighty pissed if we ended up losing the scudetto by 2 or 3 points or because our head to head was bad.

I really dont see squad depth as an issue here. I see squad quality. We have plenty of fodder players. No need to add more to that. There was a golden opportunity to increase quality in squad and compete in a much better in all competitions. 8 mil was the difference. At hindsight it just might turn out to be chump change that cost us all 3 competitions.

And we still dont have a creative mid fielder to back up Aquilani. Seedorf does not count.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I was definitely not expecting DDR or Montolivo but Tevez was pretty much ripe for the taking. As far as i followed the tevez deal the only point of conflict was the 8 mil penalty that milan would have to pay if we refused the right to redeem tevez. Personally i find that quite trivial and dont really see why we wouldnt redeem tevez unless galliani was yanking city's chain to begin with. I really think that his behavior with mancini is a non-issue and a stumbling block in the matter.

Maybe but the Tevez deal could have been the difference maker if it worked right? I mean he is a guy who has the ability to break down any defense unlike our choking strike force. I would mighty pissed if we ended up losing the scudetto by 2 or 3 points or because our head to head was bad.

I really dont see squad depth as an issue here. I see squad quality. We have plenty of fodder players. No need to add more to that. There was a golden opportunity to increase quality in squad and compete in a much better in all competitions. 8 mil was the difference. At hindsight it just might turn out to be chump change that cost us all 3 competitions.

And we still dont have a creative mid fielder to back up Aquilani. Seedorf does not count.

8 million, say the rumour mills. I dont trust any of these sites. So sadly, would be a waste of time debating.

Even considering 8 million, imagine what that 8 million could represent in 6 months. Might well be the price-tag of a good, easy-to-acquire, needed player then.

Anyhow, the transfer market is a very minor portion of my concerns with regards to AC Milan. They might have missed opportunities here, I dont care. Teams have done excellently in the market and terribly on-field (Inter, for most of their history, have been like that.). So screw it, I just dont care.

Like a Commoder said recently, we use titles to mask our 'transfer failures' it seems. Apparently we used the 07 CL and the '11 Scudetto to mask these 'failures'. ROTFLMAO. I'd love to welcome more and more titles which mask transfer failures.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Like a Commoder said recently, we use titles to mask our 'transfer failures' it seems. Apparently we used the 07 CL and the '11 Scudetto to mask these 'failures'. ROTLFMAO. I'd love to welcome more and more titles which mask transfer failures.

:lol:

sums it up really

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Like a Commoder said recently, we use titles to mask our 'transfer failures' it seems. Apparently we used the 07 CL and the '11 Scudetto to mask these 'failures'. ROTFLMAO. I'd love to welcome more and more titles which mask transfer failures.

Priceless hahaha

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
looool, who said that the titles mask the transfer failures?

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Whats wrong with muntari

he runs, good strength and a nice shot

hes quicker than half our players, we despertly need some speed in our static team

welcome :star:

sulley-muntari-menaye-donkor-rr009_display_image.jpg

0013729e4ad90d49c02a2a.jpg

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
8 million, say the rumour mills. I dont trust any of these sites. So sadly, would be a waste of time debating.

Even considering 8 million, imagine what that 8 million could represent in 6 months. Might well be the price-tag of a good, easy-to-acquire, needed player then.

Anyhow, the transfer market is a very minor portion of my concerns with regards to AC Milan. They might have missed opportunities here, I dont care. Teams have done excellently in the market and terribly on-field (Inter, for most of their history, have been like that.). So screw it, I just dont care.

Better than tevez at that price? i can only think DDR.

i wouldnt have really cared either if this year's scudetto was as straght forward as the last one. However u will see that this year it will be much harder to "mask" our failures.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those titles lead Galliani and co to believe that the squad was as he said "fine as we are" and in the case with the 07 CL title; Milan got a rude awakening when they finish in 5th place the following season.

This season is far from finish so there is no verdict yet but if Milan goes trophy-less than history has repeated itself.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Those titles lead Galliani and co to believe that the squad was as he said "fine as we are" and in the case with the 07 CL title; Milan got a rude awakening when they finish in 5th place the following season.

This season is far from finish so there is no verdict yet but if Milan goes trophy-less than history has repeated itself.

:thumbsup:

it would be shameful to lose the title to this juve side.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Well at least we didn't pay 16M euro's for him :lol:

Schedule