Patrick Cutrone Thread

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Games like this proves how useless he is as lone CF, unless he scores. His scoring/useless ratio is bad.

But he runs, Goodfella?

he is shit. You can't be so one dimensional and that's exactly what he is.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
He is going into panic mode when he gets the ball now and goes back towards his own goal, when sometimes the best option is just to spread the play. Has to up his all around play if he wants to be a starter.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Games like this proves how useless he is as lone CF, unless he scores. His scoring/useless ratio is bad.

But he runs, Goodfella?

wtf. i thought he was one of the best players out there today. he spread the play extremely well, moved well in the box for the crosses(couldn't really connect tho). won lots of balls in napoli half which we failed to capitalize. he is going to give piatek one hell of a fight.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Young Matri ROFL. That was a good one Goodfella.

And of course keep up the decent work Cutrone. Hope he will score soon.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
wtf. i thought he was one of the best players out there today. he spread the play extremely well, moved well in the box for the crosses(couldn't really connect tho). won lots of balls in napoli half which we failed to capitalize. he is going to give piatek one hell of a fight.

He had a 7/10 first half and a 3/10 second half.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Has a bunch of minor gaps to improve (like 1st touch), in order to become truly great. Too bad he's already 21, so no chance for that happening.

Sell

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But he runs, Goodfella?

What useful stuff does a conventional CF do, besides scoring?
Didn't he just come from a game where he didn't score but he made a great assist to a goal that killed the game?

As for this game, his solo-pressing won us the ball just outside their box a few minutes into the game, which his teammates then made nothing of.
He then beat Koulibaly to a ball and managed to start a counter that looked dangerous for a second until Paqueta messed it up.
He made himself available, kept their defenders on their toes, was often the first one to the ball even against faster and physically stronger players like Koulibaly, earned rather than got gifted all the (half) chances he had.

If he fucked up, then he sometimes found ways to immediately redeem himself, like when he intercepted/deflected the ball late in the first half right after a wrong pass that was supposed to go to Suso.

This wasn't his night though. Best chance he earns is with his weaker foot. What could've been an assist turns into a foul. Passes from him and to him were wrong by the slightest margins. Him and Paqueta show they still need more time to form an understanding.

Great performance? Definitely not.
Useless? If this is useless then you should see Icardi's contribution when he's not scoring.

There are better target men and ball players out there - some of them are former teammates - but he outperformed all of them so far in what is generally seen as a mess of a team that makes life hard for "poachers" like him.

We now have a new CF who also works hard off-ball and who "fed off Kouame" in his previous club.
I'm glad we got a relatively cheap(salary-wise esp) CF instead of shooting ourselves in the foot again with a new Higuain.
I don't know about you, but I hope both succeed here so we don't waste more mercati and funds on CFs again.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I hope both succeed here so we don't waste more mercati and funds on CFs again.

lmao

yeah, i WANT cutrone to not succeed because uhmmm...

what i'm saying is that he is not a good lone CF, he needs to be freed from certain responsibilities (taking on defenders, holding up the ball and spreading the play) becuase he simply sucks at it. In a two man striker system tough, if paired with someone who has those charasteristics he is useful where he can be free to poach for goals.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's okay.
I hate migraine. You hate Cutrone.
We all hate something.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's fine. But don't let your hateful nature cloud your judgment.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lmao

yeah, i WANT cutrone to not succeed because uhmmm...

what i'm saying is that he is not a good lone CF, he needs to be freed from certain responsibilities (taking on defenders, holding up the ball and spreading the play) becuase he simply sucks at it. In a two man striker system tough, if paired with someone who has those charasteristics he is useful where he can be free to poach for goals.

You know who sucked worse than Cutrone at his age? Petagna.

Now, Petagna looks like a player that can muscle down an entire backline on his own. I am not saying that Cutrone is going to be better but I hope he progress more. I am more worried about Cutrone's passing skills that sometimes looks like extremely amateur level.

bola

Primavera
Reaction score

Now, Petagna looks like a player that can muscle down an entire backline on his own. I am not saying that Cutrone is going to be better but I hope he progress more. I am more worried about Cutrone's passing skills that sometimes looks like extremely amateur level.
Petagna has the physics for it, he's a giant physically compare to cutrone. I still prefer cutrone than petagna though

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That's fine. But don't let your hateful nature cloud your judgment.
I don't as much as you let your fanboysm cloud yours. Remember Montolivo? lmao

Yes, his passing skill (or lack thereof) is a big reason why he's not suited as a lone CF.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Yes, his passing skill (or lack thereof) is a big reason why he's not suited as a lone CF.

If it's one time we should have gone 'MOAR STRIKERS' is now. Crutone should play with Piatek upfront.

-------------------------Crutone----------------------------------
-----------------------------------Piatek-------------------------
------------Kebab-------Kessie----Bakayoko----------Suso---
------------------------whoever is not injured------------
--------------------------------$--------------------------------

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I need to see more of Piatek to say anything, but I doubt they'll ever be a good combo. In my world an SS in a 442 should be creative and and a good passer.

It will always be Cutrone/Piatek in our formations - unless we find a great trequartista :o

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The way we play, we'll always have a forward who will play significant portions of the game with his back to the goal. I see Cutrone growing in that role.. it doesn't mean he'll become an incredible passer, but he is getting better at occupying defenders and spreading the play back in to our midfielders/wingers.

4-4-2 is a good tool to use against certain teams with Piatek being the primary striker and Cutrone the hold-up guy. It will depend a lot on their understanding and the speed and awareness of our other players.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
cutrone has definitely improved his link up play, he's going to be a beast by 25 if he keeps growing.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I like this kid but... i think it was Sacchi (or some old coach) that said a few days ago that he need to stop moaning ... and since i had not seen him do it + Sacchi going Maradona lately... i kinda dismissed it...

today, you could read in his face that "frustration" of getting another striker in front of him...
at the final whistle, Gattuso came and hug him and he gave him a frigid hug ... he who usually hugs people for too long...

i hope he'll adjust to it and continue to play his role, which he has done brilliantly so far ... or we might have a Locatelli Situation soon

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like this kid but... i think it was Sacchi (or some old coach) that said a few days ago that he need to stop moaning ... and since i had not seen him do it + Sacchi going Maradona lately... i kinda dismissed it...

today, you could read in his face that "frustration" of getting another striker in front of him...
at the final whistle, Gattuso came and hug him and he gave him a frigid hug ... he who usually hugs people for too long...

i hope he'll adjust to it and continue to play his role, which he has done brilliantly so far ... or we might have a Locatelli Situation soon

LOL, what kinda crap is this?
Piatek's success seems to have fired him up even more. As it should. It's great that he's not reacting like Pato to SES' goal success(he was walking around all happy and satisfied, overly praising SES and seeming relieved that he has even less responsibility now).

We went from the most lethargic attack to having the two most hardworking CFs in Serie A.

Piatek's far ahead of him in the physical department and much more of a threat from distance.
But he's also almost 3 years older. Piatek went from Ekstraklasa mediocrity to capocannoniere class in 3 years.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Piatek's success seems to have fired him up even more. As it should. It's great that he's not reacting like Pato to SES' goal success(he was walking around all happy and satisfied, overly praising SES and seeming relieved that he has even less responsibility now).

We went from the most lethargic attack to having the two most hardworking CFs in Serie A.

Piatek's far ahead of him in the physical department and much more of a threat from distance.
But he's also almost 3 years older. Piatek went from Ekstraklasa mediocrity to capocannoniere class in 3 years.

:thumbsup:

Exactly. The last thing Cutrone is, is a pussy. I give him that, and quite comfortably. The signing of Piatek will only fire him up. He's a man.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.

I can't remember that Pato reaction.
But I remember that once he didn't even want to look at Elsha who serve him clear goal in empty net. Actually I always have feel that he was jelaous at him, because everyone is waiting for Pato after injury but meanwhile, Elsha "steal the show".

I think that this "rivality" will be good for both of them. But he shouldn't cross the line because Piatek is clearly better CF than him and for now, he deserve starting XI spot more.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think he'll get enough time. Also, we should and will probably play them together once in a while, which will most likely have results and bring them together.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
ff6fxvsgor311.jpg

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
sometimes passes were off but i think he did well enough. we were in defense mode when he came so didn't see much good balls but he linked well with others.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Send him to Chelsea with Piguain.Oh wait.This kid should thank Gattuso that he's giving him 20 minutes of play.Spoiled kid.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Send him to Chelsea with Piguain.Oh wait.This kid should thank Gattuso that he's giving him 20 minutes of play.Spoiled kid.

What the hell? This forum is seriously fucked up.

Hating on homegrown talent, who has shown much more than expected of him, for no reason.

Seriously... :fp:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What the hell? This forum is seriously fucked up.

Hating on homegrown talent, who has shown much more than expected of him, for no reason.

Seriously... :fp:

Look at his behaviour.Friend of Locatelli. If he think that he is better than Piatek,he need to show that.Otherwise it will be no problem to sell him.Homegrown players,need to know that they time will come if they have quality.Calabria is the best example,but right now Piatek is one of the most in form strikers in the world,and Cutrone need to accept that,without making faces.

Schedule