ESPN...AC Milan plan 'to make two big signings'.............

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
milan_my_love said:
juninho-paulista said:
Didn't Galliani say last season that we would sign one of Beckham/Figo/Ronaldo?? :conf:

Yeah,he did say that.
No, he didn't. He said that two stars would come, without naming players. Galliani's not stupid enough to say publicly who Milan are really after. For one thing, the players' fees would increase...

Rumour sites like soccerage speculated (or invented) that it would be one of those three...

milan_my_love said:
It could be Stam + Emerson.(Both will be free agents and Milan likes free agents.. :D )
No, they aren't free. Both contracts end in 2005.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Cassano in rossonero.

But the chance of signing him is probably 0% :(

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I think Galliani & Berlusconi want to see the Portuguese duo Rui Costa - Figo star for Milan next year..And we need a winger sorely + he mentioned 2 stars, something players like Rothen, Gilardino, Chevanton ain't...

Hmm...It looks like we'll op for Figo, but I don't like the idea of bringing in old guys like Stam & Figo..

Rather Ferrari & Emerson!!

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
K-J said:
I'm sure Stam is one of them (champion in his own kind of way)

The second might be a striker since Beslusconi wants Milan to play with two strikers. But since both should be 'champions', I expect a big name. However I can't think of some, Chevanton or Gilardino are strikers who jumpm into my mind, but they aren't really regarded as champions.

I am agree with u... the only thing I don't want is to see Hernan Crespo playing for milan... :head:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
From official site:

According to the coach 'Milan must not feel the pressure as they have a good advantage and are playing at home.' The Totti-Kaka match-up ('Francesco has matured while Kakà can grow and still improve. It would be beautiful to see them playing in the same team one day') and a glance at the transfer market ('Crespo? No possibility. The forwards we have today will remain.')

Hey hey this means something.. :tongue:

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Emerson is 28 this year....as it Totti.....Sheva.....Tomasson.....Nesta.......Seedorf

So your calling all of them old?

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
besikaka said:
From official site:

According to the coach 'Milan must not feel the pressure as they have a good advantage and are playing at home.' The Totti-Kaka match-up ('Francesco has matured while Kakà can grow and still improve. It would be beautiful to see them playing in the same team one day') and a glance at the transfer market ('Crespo? No possibility. The forwards we have today will remain.')

Interesting! I want to see that also. But if Totti comes, I think there will be too many good play makers in Milan.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Cescania said:
besikaka said:
From official site:

Interesting! I want to see that also. But if Totti comes, I think there will be too many good play makers in Milan.

If Totti comes will would abosutly rip Seria A next season.

---------------Dida---------------
-Kal/Pancaro-Maldini-Nesta--Stam/Cafu
----------------Pirlo---------------
------Seedorf-Totti--Gattuso----
----------------Kaka-------------
-------------Shevchenko----------

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
This is not Real Madrid. We are not going to sign a big name player just to sign him. Last year our 2 biggest defesencies were right back and a midfielder who could score. That's what we got, because thats what we needed. This year, from what I can tell we need a central defender and another striker, so that's what I would bet we are going to get.

Stam is most likely, but I agree that a younger player might not be as good now, but more valuable in the long run. Forward I would guess either Chevanton or Fabiano, but there are so many out there it's anyone's guess.

I really don't see Totti as on option as he going to want to be the team leader and he can't do that here. He's got Maldini, Ambro, Gattuso in front of him, so he's not going to be able to take command like he's used to. Besides we don't need an attacking midfielder anymore.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Whether we need him or not...Totti is always wanted on anyteam...but i would love a central defender.....Stam AND a younger one......ie Ferrari or even Kompany.....and a striker

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
SAMIR ISLAMOVIC BOSNIA said:
morientes end rotten will please me :devil:

Rothen. Jérôme Rothen ;)

Fighters like him with vision, speed + great technique + passing etc etc are a rarity. If Galliani + Braida were smart they would not hesitate to sign him... but... :rolleyes: Well, maybe in 8 years, then he'll fit in age-wise :D

And Morientes has finally convinced me. It only took about 5 years + a move away from the galaxy :D I'd even bench Sheva for him... sometimes. And Pippo too ;)

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't seen ROTHEN much. But boy oh boy, what a game he had against CHELSEA.

Even though, to comment on a player someone should watch him play in a considerable amount of games.

Still I would say that he is really good but he doesn't play in STRIKER's position. Rather, he is a play maker who plays on the left hand side of the midfield. If he comes to MILAN, then whole chemistry of our midfield with PIRLO, GATTUSO, SEEDORF and KAKA would be altered.

Well, KAKA does play up a little bit from the center of mid field sometime. But can ROTHEN fit in with our system if we decide to go with only one STRIKER and KAKA upfront ????

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, Rothen is a fantastic player, but I doubt Monaco will want to sell him.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gatorbasu said:
he is a play maker who plays on the left hand side of the midfield. If he comes to MILAN, then whole chemistry of our midfield with PIRLO, GATTUSO, SEEDORF and KAKA would be altered.

The midfield 'chemistry' would be IMPROVED tremendously. Milan need better players on the wings. I don't care who would be sacrificed for him. At least we could send Serginho into retirement, where he belongs. Don't count on our other old men making runs forward along the flank(s) for very much longer either :rolleyes: Rothen combines grit with technique + creativity, that alone is worth going after in my opinion...

Then again I start to really like Monaco + would like to see them NOT fall apart after this season (it's enough of a heartache to see AJA losing their best players all the time)..... but it doesn't change the fact that Rothen would be an excellent signing.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
who said Rothen woudl be no good signing??? the game vs. Chelsea was his game together wiht Morientes, Giuly was sub off, but did u see how hard i fought for the ball, in one scene where he almsot lost the ball but won it back with excellent tackling and also plays the deadly pass to Morientes who was unable to score cause he maybe chosed the wrong corner....
Rothen would improve and also make Milans wing play one of the best in Football.... for the right price Monaco may sell him.... Jerome Rothen is like Serginho in his best ages and even better.... a dream come true if he joining Milan this summer already if ever.... :devil2:

milanez

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Totti, Sheva, Serginho
I hope that one of two signings is Rothen.
I think that he is the best player on his position.
Galliani please buy him(Rothen).

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
Yeah wicked, but i just hope that stam and dhorasoo not are these two signings i hope the two big signings would be Totti and a great defender or Luis Fabiano he's such a star

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
milan management is making fool of every1.y will they tell the press of their secrets.big signing this year=stam and a striker no 4 who will enjoy the bench

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
If you were giving the option of ->

Rothen or Guily

which would you want at Milan.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Melbourne said:

Rothen or Guily

Rothen, younger.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Melbourne said:
Guily better?
Same level if you ask me. That's why I brought up the age factor.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Melbourne said:

Rothen or Guily

rothen [younger, winger, excellent at set pieces]. dhorasoo would be able to play in a giuly-type role i guess.

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
Sandro Nesta said:
Yeah wicked, but i just hope that stam and dhorasoo not are these two signings

i jsut read this on http://calcioitalia.8m.com/serie a_transfer.htm

Milan signed French midfielder Vikash Dhorasoo from Olympique Lyon
earlier this month and on Sunday club vice-president Adriano Galliani said no other deals were planned.
"We have a squad that won the Champions League last season and has just won the 'scudetto' and I think we are fine as we are," said Galliani

does this mean we have out 2 signings?

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
another little update from galliani:

soccerage.com said:
05/18/2004. Adriano Galliani today spoke about Milan's transfer market, stating that the rossoneri are looking for a fourth striker.

When asked about the transfers, and in particular about Corradi, Galliani declared: "At 94% the market is closed. Rui Costa and Ambrosini did not ask me to leave. We are looking for a fourth striker, however Corradi would be a luxury in that role."