Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Argentina's first game is against Bolívia. Maybe he will change the team after that for a more solid formation, but nobody knows just yet...

maybe they should use mascerano at CB and play another ball player in midfield

i'm being serious too..... I simply don't think drop off from burdisso or worse milito to mascerano is much.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
No Chile in the poll???

4th highest ranking CONMEBOL team ....:head: mods

Don't know what to expect ...Not entirely familiar with Borghi...from the looks of the squad seems like he will stick to a 3-man backline ...but lucky for him he can switch to a 4-man with the likes of isla,vidal and medel

my lineup would be :

-----------------Bravo---------------
------Contreas--Ponce-----Jara------
Isla--------Medel----Vidal---Beausejour
-----------------Matigol-----------
-------Sanchez-------------Suazo---

Toss up between Fernandez and Valdivia,but Valdivia been mediocre for Palm.

Would have liked to see Carrasco

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
I can't wait for it to start. It's been quite some time since I saw a good football game. Hope that Mexico wins, of course, but I'm more excited to see Uruguay again.

On a side note, I am glad the Cup has the right name. Imagine it called Copa Las Americas :head:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Colombia and Chile to shock everyone and have great tournament, Argentina to play the most beautiful+exciting football, Uruguay to disappoint, and Brasil to win. :D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Chile doing well might not really be a shock these days.

Gonna go with either Brasil or Chile.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I don't know if Chile will do well without Bielsa. He left in what february?

Then again I have yet to see them under Borghi, but Bielsa had them playing as a unit and created a team, even if his tactics were a bit crazy.

I like Paraguay and Uruguay as outsider favorites. Both will be a pain for brazil and argentina to break down

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
i shall be rooting for brazil , want 4 milan players (yup i am including ganso:o) to do well but am also giving lotsa love to this guy ...
Luis-Suarez.jpg

passion and skill:proud::proud: what more do u want in a player

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

The hype around Argentina in 2007 was huge, but somehow deserved. Their road to the final was really impressive. Riquelme was on incredible form on the tournament and he outshined Messi by far. Those through balls, set-pieces, long shots... Maybe the best passer I've ever seem. And maybe this was last breath in football's big stage of a real #10. :cry:

Anyway, this is what happens when you put together Tévez, Messi, Crespo, Aimar, Riquelme, Verón... But overall Argentina was not a great team and Dunga proved it on the final.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
a more mature cavani and suarez should be VERY dangerous in copa america

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Brazil win it too, Pato and Thiago deserve an international trophy, and I hope Yepes plays well.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
They're gonna win the World Cup in 2014. They don't need this right now. :tongue:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
They're gonna win the World Cup in 2014. They don't need this right now. :tongue:

we all know frogley + bonucci are going to lead the great italian team to the world cup in 2014
hurr.gif

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'll be happy if the big 3 ALBA teams suck. Then I hope neither Brazil or Argentina wins it, too boring, but that has less chances of happening. Apart from us (but we're not even going to make a point), Chile (though Borghi isn't really my cup of tea as a coach), Uruguay, Paraguay are my favorites, and maybe Colombia.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I like Mexico :)
Also hope our Brazilians do well.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
a more mature cavani and suarez should be VERY dangerous in copa america

Cavani was average in WC imo. He needs to step up now cause Forlán is declining a bit.

It can be great if they make to the final against Argentina. Uruguayan football has a long tradition of beating host teams, specially in finals. They are the most notorious destroyers of parties in football.

Even on the last WC they beat South African and then Ghana (who was like playing at home). In a game full of late drama and strange stuff (another Uruguayan tradition).

And a lot of people around here talk about them in 2014. Now this is too much nonsense, just memories of Maracanazo I guess.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I don't know if Chile will do well without Bielsa. He left in what february?

Then again I have yet to see them under Borghi, but Bielsa had them playing as a unit and created a team, even if his tactics were a bit crazy.

I like Paraguay and Uruguay as outsider favorites. Both will be a pain for brazil and argentina to break down

He did create the unit, but Bielsa is such an individual that he'll always hold back any team he coaches as well. The guy is so focused on cerebral tactics that he often loses sight of the simplicity of the game. Also a little Wengerishly stubborn, as his gung-ho tactics against Brasil in the World Cup showed.

More importantly, Chile has some of the best players in the world now. They might express themselves much better without Bielsa's huge influence.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
What games are on today?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
What games are on today?

Argentina - Bolivia

Argentina's starting XI against Bolivia (4-3-3): Romero; Zanetti, Burdisso, G. Milito, Rojo; Mascherano, Cambiasso, Banega; Tevez, Messi, Lavezzi.

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With all the talents argentina has brought up in the past few years hard to believe they havent crafted a great playmaker ala xavi. Alot of quality butchers but part from messi the rest arent anything special passing wise.

banega-masc-cambiaso

Thats a inter, man citty like muscle MF.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Wanna play a prediction game like Goal.com?

Winners: Brazil

Golden boot: Pato

Dark horses: Columbia (You can't call Uruguay dark horses anymore)

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
fuuuuuuuu_96224421.jpg

fuuuuuuuu_96224421.jpg

fuuuuuuuu_96224421.jpg

I wont be able to watch Copa America due to vacation. :mad::mad:

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Winners: Argentina

Golden boot: Pato

Dark horses: Chile

According to me.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
1937324-9341-ga.jpg

1937317-9193-ga.jpg

1937309-8097-ga.jpg

1937304-1013-ga.jpg

1937289-3648-ga.jpg

we gonna play there sunday.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I like Mexico :)
Also hope our Brazilians do well.

I hope Brazil win it too, Pato and Thiago deserve an international trophy, and I hope Yepes plays well.

i shall be rooting for brazil ,

Support the underdog :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

AlexT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva, Nesta, Maldini, Fabregas, Rui Costa, SES
I wonder if so many people really think that Brazil will win, or is everyone just voting for Brazil because our players play for their NT? I like Brazil, and I hope our players play well, but I don't think Brazil is favorite.

Schedule