Possible replacements IF Carlo left

Who should replace Carlo Ancelotti as Milan coach if he leaves?

• Total voters

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lippi: 'Nessun contatto con squadre italiane, Milan compreso'
18:43 del 20 dicembre

Marcello Lippi confessa di non essere stato contattato da squadre italiane. "Non ho avuto offerte da club italiani, neanche dal Milan". Intervistato da Lamberto Sposini per conto della televisione digitale mobile TV3 l`ex commissario tecnico ha spiegato. "Dall'estero sono arrivate molte richieste, sia da club sia da federazioni, ad esempio dal Messico. Non l'ho accolta, non per scortesia ma perchè non ho intenzione di lavorare fino al prossimo anno...Fino ad aprile, quando tante squadre penseranno di cambiare allenatore, non prenderò in considerazione nessuna offerta di lavoro", E ancora: "La scelta dipenderà dalla qualità di vita, dal progetto della società e dai rapporti con i dirigenti. Non devo per forza andare in una squadra per vincere lo scudetto".

---
He hasn't been contacted by Italian clubs yet. His choice will depend on quality of life, the ideas/plans of the club + the rapport with the management.

I really hope Chelsea will win the fucking CL + the EPL, so Mourinho will consider 'new challenges' ;)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Passion for *9* said:

Googled around and couldnt find it....it was rather old interview...probably about 6-8 months....was on Setanta at the time...
he said his biggest regret about leaving porto was that he could never prove his club to be the best in the world. He would never give up that opportunity again.
People and opinions change...it may not be that big of a deal for him now....but he was VERY sure of it in the interview.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
Googled around and couldnt find it....it was rather old interview...probably about 6-8 months....was on Setanta at the time...
he said his biggest regret about leaving porto was that he could never prove his club to be the best in the world. He would never give up that opportunity again.
People and opinions change...it may not be that big of a deal for him now....but he was VERY sure of it in the interview.
I don't doubt you but people change their minds all the time + 2 or 3 weeks ago he mentioned in some interview that he would like to coach in Italy. He's not the type who is after a retirement deal @ Chelsea, so if he's really up for a new challenge we shouldn't lose time + start wining + dining him -- before Inter get ideas.

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
17-und-4 said:
I don't think that would be a good idea.
They have no experience as coach and i doubt they have new ideas for the team.
What you think about Zeman??

I'm a big fan of him, i hope he will succed Ancelotti at Milan

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
i voted arsene wenger..i like him alot
but AGAIN i forgot that you could vote for more than one coach ..:rolleyes: :head:
my second vote would have been Lippi (totally forgot abt him) i guess! a dream that won't come true ;)
the only thing i hate abt him is that he is anti inzaghi LOL, well looks like ancelotti is also turning so lipi would be great & inzaghi will always be da supersub he is :D

ancelotti gunna stay atleast til summer if not forever :D

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
bye,bye Carlo???????

AC Milan chief Ariedo Braida has been spotted in talks with Marcello Lippi.
It's emerged the pair were seen chatting during Christmas in Tuscany with speculation that Lippi was agreeing terms on a pre-contract for next season.

Along with Lippi, Milan are also interested in Roma coach Luciano Spalletti, who has so far baulked at signing a new contract tabled to his representatives some weeks ago.

Carlo Ancelotti is expected to leave Milan - and Italy - at the end of this season. :head:

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kuzimoto said:
It's emerged the pair were seen chatting during Christmas in Tuscany with speculation that Lippi was agreeing terms on a pre-contract for next season.

Along with Lippi, Milan are also interested in Roma coach Luciano Spalletti, who has so far baulked at signing a new contract tabled to his representatives some weeks ago.

Carlo Ancelotti is expected to leave Milan - and Italy - at the end of this season. :head:

What's the source?

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kuzimoto said:

Sounds like Tribal, they always have 3 or so small sentences and everyone's always 'spotted in talks with insert manager or player name here'

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
i`ve lot of respect for Carlo, but still i think it`s time for change,we need new coach with new ideas, with new system of playing, for the moment there is a big number of really good palyers that we can`t get only because of our 4-3-1-2,i mean even if we had a players like Vicente,Robben,C.Ronaldo,Wright-Philips they would have no space in our team,
so if we`ve already made a precontract with lippi thats really important for rebuilding our Milan

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
hey check this out its from channel crap 4 :D

Mancini has recently suggested that he would like to try his luck abroad after insisting that Inter would be his last Italian club.

And with rumours that Chelsea were keeping an eye on him, Inter have managed to tie him down for at least two more campaigns.

Mancio’s Inter, who were handed last season’s title by default, currently lead the Serie A standings by seven points from nearest rivals Roma.

the full story is there but this is the intresting part.

So if this would be true,that would mean,that jose whants sumthing new,and i would like him to try milan:D

p.s: jose also said that next season,he would like to coach in italy:D

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pussycat_doll said:
So if this would be true,that would mean,that jose whants sumthing new,and i would like him to try milan:D

p.s: jose also said that next season,he would like to coach in italy:D
Yea, he said coaching in Serie A *some day* intrigued him.

With Mancini heading to the UK + Moratti the bigspender, it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to figure where Mourinho would end up :o :rolleyes:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I voted Lippi , Mourinho and Van Basten... since I believe only this 3 can change something for good at our side..

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Passion for *9* said:
Yea, he said coaching in Serie A *some day* intrigued him.

With Mancini heading to the UK + Moratti the bigspender, it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to figure where Mourinho would end up :o :rolleyes:

Roman Abra was once a big fan of Mancini(sampdoria as a whole in their glory days) so might want to put him in charge of Chelsea (he'll be kicked the next year...bcoz i do seriously doubt Mancini's capability to deliver according to the huge demands of managing Chelsea FC)...

(as p49 mentioned)
Jose might also be tempted to manage the money Moratti would happily throw around to finally bring some glory back to Inter...rather than to Milan where that kind of money cant be found....

btw.... Moratti has decided to spend 100 million euros on LIONEL MESSI.... he can do anything to bring him to Inter... well that kind of money might bring in most players (without club preferences like Totti & Co.) .... and Mr.Mourinho is also a "big fan" of Messi... dont trust me ... listen to the press statement of Jose after the Chelsea V Barca game in 05/06 when Messi rolled and rolled and got Asier Del Horno sent off.... it will be intersting to see what happens if they end up in the same club ...(IMO Messi's move to Inter is not realistic... Messi+Ronaldinho+Eto'o are untouchables)

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besi said:
I voted Lippi , Mourinho and Van Basten... since I believe only this 3 can change something for good at our side..

Frank Rijkaard ?? or do u think he is lucky to have a good squad rather than a good team....

Van Basten too young..... not proven...! good player not equal to good coah..as u all kno...

Lippi ... is the best bet....

Mourinho... i doubt he is still as good not that he has had his stint floating around in the money pool of the Russian mafia boss....

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
roy_il_diavolo said:
btw.... Moratti has decided to spend 100 million euros on LIONEL MESSI....
Lil correction, he has decided to spend 100 million to celebrate Inter's 100th anniversary. Messi is not Moratti's only transfer target.

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Lil correction, he has decided to spend 100 million to celebrate Inter's 100th anniversary. Messi is not Moratti's only transfer target.

Yes thats exactly what i knew till yesterday..... with primary targets being Messi+Beckham+Buffon.....

But today : [Goal.com]
---------------------------------------------------
02/01/2007 10.17

Inter To Offer 100 Million Euros For Messi

The Nerazzurri are desperate to sign the young star from Barcelona and Massimo Moratti is ready to offer huge amounts of money to lure him to Italy.

Inter want Messi at all cost and money is no problem. This is in summary what will be the main theme of the Nerazzurri's transfer market for next season as President Massimo Moratti has made it as his first priority to sign the Argentinean player.

Moratti has been very vocal about his admiration for Lionel Messi and never denied the interest in the Barcelona midfielder. He even admitted that Messi is the only player he would spend loads of money on to make him wear the Nerazzurri's shirt, and apparently he will try to keep his promise by offering a staggering 100 million Euro to Barcelona.

The Blaugrana don't want to sell Messi, but in front of such an offer they might be very tempted to part with him. The negotiations are still at an early stage and not much will be revealed before the summer transfer market re-opens.

With the current season being such a great one for Inter, Messi’s signing would be the cherry on top for all the fans.
-------------------------------------------------

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^^ Yea yea... Goal.com

Famous for mistranslations etc.

Moratti won't spend 100 million on Messi. You'll see.

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
im still hoping that Jose Mourinho would end up in milan.

And wtf since when is inter richer then us???

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
^^^ Yea yea... Goal.com

Famous for mistranslations etc.

Moratti won't spend 100 million on Messi. You'll see.

I agree with u....

but wat can we talk about..football is almost dead... hell ....Inter is leading Serie A and might end up winning it...so a few rumours here and there helps....

btw...pussycat doll .... no offense but this club was born way before anyone imagined the name Champions League..... so ur signature sounds weird....

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
roy_il_diavolo said:
but wat can we talk about..football is almost dead... hell ....Inter is leading Serie A and might end up winning it...
Let them have their year, as long as they don't have a decade, as envisioned by Mancini.... It's all up to us ;)

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cosmin said:
Always have been.

real,man unt,milan

that was the top 3 last years.so come again? :rolleyes:

Schedule