Week 1: Udinese - Milan 25/08/19 18:00 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Statements from the presser.

“This is a dream for me and a big opportunity for both myself and these players,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“I am in an extraordinary club and I have a vision, an idea of where we want to go and the steps to get there. I need time to work with the players and this system, without backing off, even if there are difficulties.

“Being at Milan is a privilege, something that few get to experience in their lifetime. Milan have millions and millions of fans all over the world and that’s all you need to know for what this club represents.”

Giampaolo warned that fans should not expect to see many new faces in the starting XI tomorrow.

“The work has been going as planned, although some players arrived later to training than others. When the season begins, you have fewer training sessions at your disposal and those who weren’t here from the start need more time to catch up. We already worked on the details with the squad throughout the summer, but others are a bit behind.

“Tomorrow we’ll play those who are in the best shape physically and in terms of their collective knowledge of the project. We might be leaving some very strong players on the bench, but right now I don’t know what their conditions are.

“Ismael Bennacer wasn’t too bad when he arrived and could play as a substitute late on tomorrow, while there will be time to introduce all the others. We need to bring everyone into the project.

“Milan will still be competitive tomorrow with 11 real players. I am not worried that Krzysztof Piatek hasn’t been scoring in pre-season, as he struggles a little more with heavy training schedules. He is our designated penalty taker this season.

“Everyone saw Suso as a winger, which is where he always played, but he worked really well as a trequartista and never refused to try something new. I am happy Suso is staying, but the transfer window is still open and anything can happen.”

Pepe Reina, Lucas Biglia, Mattia Caldara and Theo Hernandez are out injured for the trip to Udine, but transfer-listed Diego Laxalt, Andre Silva and Samu Castillejo are included.

“It’s a pity we lost Lucas, as he was doing well and I like him both as a player and a man. We’re introducing Jack Bonaventura back in slowly.

“Andre Silva is a little affected by the transfer market being open, but he is training well, it’s not as if he is just sitting there waiting. I can count on him and I see him today as a Milan player, so if I need him, he’ll play.”

The Rossoneri are prepared to shell out €50m for Atletico Madrid forward Angel Correa, so Giampaolo was asked what he thinks of the Argentine.

“I don’t know him.”

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Piatek taking PK duties from Kessie. Interesting.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Piatek taking PK duties from Kessie. Interesting.

He was competent at Genoa, it will help with goal tally and thus psyche. It also will help him be more marketable for the club.

Preparing for life without Kessie (worst case) or just resetting squad hierarchy as Kessie wont always be playing and may have been a bit too entitled.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Forza Samu Castillejo
Forza Fabio Borini
Forza Kristof Piatek
Forza Suso
Forza Rui Hakan
Forza Lucas Paqueta
Forza Ricardo Rodriguez
Forza Alessio el capitano Romagnoli
Forza Matteo Musacchio
Forza Davide Calabria
Forza Gigione Donnarumma

Forza mister giampaolo

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
b405015c79cec46dbad16f0e2d87dd4a-77395-1522871042.jpeg

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We face inter in the 4th round. We should have 9points by then (Udine, Brescia, verona) ....

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Forza Milan.

Cold beers and a pack of cigs are waiting for me.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match Day! Forza Milan!

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Donnarumma

Calabria - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Kessie - Bennacer - Paqueta

Suso

Leao - Piatek

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
0 - 2 Suso + Piatek (Suso assist)

Suso MOTM

Boom.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Donnarumma

Calabria - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Kessie - Bennacer - Paqueta

Suso

Leao - Piatek

Borini and Hakan will start. Casti casti will as well (sadly).

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Wohooooo match day! These are gonna be rare this year, with no Europe and all, so let's cherish them and hope for Milan worthy performances from the players. Forza Milan!

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
QKoyES5.gif

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
wNUOXnH.gif

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Forza Milan!

Excited to see GP's system in a competitive setting and hoping to see some of Bennacer.

Would dearly love to see Piatek get a goal.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
LIVE MN - Towards Udinese-Milan, the probable line-ups: Piatek with Castillejo, Suso behind
25.08.2019 13:38 by Thomas Rolfi

- According to Sportmediaset, Milan in Udine will play against the hosts at 6pm without any new purchases from the summer campaign.

- Theo Hernandez, who Giampaolo hopes to recover in top form for the resumption of the championship after the first stop for the national teams, wanted to post a social message to show closeness to his teammates, despite the absence due to injury: "Day 1 ... FORCE @acmilan! ".

- At Dacia Arena, Tudor's team will take the field with a 3-5-1-1 with De Paul behind Lasagna. For the rest, there are few training doubts: the only real ballot is in defense, with Becao favored on De Maio, while Pussetto will adapt to the left outside, waiting for Sema.

- Milan in Udine with Giampaolo's 4-3-1-2, but without new faces in the field from the start. The Rossoneri coach, in fact, will rely on last season's players, who have had more time to learn the tactical directions of the new coach. Donnarumma will obviously take place between the posts, with Calabria and Rodriguez on the side lanes and the Romagnoli-Musacchio pair at the center of the defense. In the middle of the field, space for Paquetà and Borini, while Calhanoglu will act in the control room instead of the injured Biglia. In front of it, finally, Suso will position himself behind the two attackers, who will be Piatek and Castillejo.

MILAN (4-3-1-2) : Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Borini, Calhanoglu, Paquetà; Suso; Piatek, Castillejo

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Looking at The Posts Here, Makes it Seen Like some are going to be in The Pitch themselves.

Forza Milan, Excited for the new season

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
2 am kick off - Monday Morning :(

Good luck Team