The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



View Poll Results: How does Kalinic's departure to Atletico Madrid make you feel ?
Should have given him another chance 6 0.01%
Finally! Thank god he's gone! 73,886 99.98%
I'm 12 and what is this? 9 0.01%
Voters: 73901. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2018, 14:13   #301
Congo Powers
sempre grintuso
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Rino is a tough guy and I think he respects Kalinic, who comes off as more of a tough guy than Silva, who looks like he'd be open to referring to himself as a feminist.




ples..
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 14:22   #302
leaf
Dead man walking
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

What other reason could there be?
Kalinic is a tough player who (you'd think) would be more willing to do the dirty work.
That and he has Seria A experience.

In reality, though I think Silva holds up the ball better and at least gets involved in the build up more. Also, there is the issue of the abject wastage of sitters by Kalinic....I think Silva should be ahead....I'm not sure what you're confused about


Signature
Sage & Necro on Romagnoli:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Musacchio is a fair bit better than Romagnoli.
Necro on Bertolacci
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
#Expertz
leaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 14:24   #303
Congo Powers
sempre grintuso
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9
Default

idk...maybe rino gattuso is more convinced by kalinic in training? to the point that he would rather call on kalinic even though he is not 100% fit?
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 14:27   #304
leaf
Dead man walking
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
idk...maybe rino gattuso is more convinced by kalinic in training? to the point that he would rather call on kalinic even though he is not 100% fit?
Could be. But how players perform in training isn't everything.

I remember someone of the coaching staff remarked at a missed headed goal from Silva that "he scores them all the time in training".

From my understanding and my experience, and the things I've heard some players are amazing in training and not so much on the actual field and vice versa. It's a bit of what you see, what you know and your gut instinct imho.


Signature
Sage & Necro on Romagnoli:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Musacchio is a fair bit better than Romagnoli.
Necro on Bertolacci
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
#Expertz
leaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 14:55   #305
Shadow47
Young Assassin
 
Shadow47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dark Room
Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
Default

gattuso needs to scold both kalinic and silva and have them fighting for a spot as a vice-cutrone. maybe make some goal scoring contest in training
Shadow47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 15:51   #306
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone
 
Y-Bido92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Boston
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Default

I don’t think kalinic had a thigh injury and “grit through his teeth” whoever said that was just trying to calm the fans down towards him. Gattuso wouldn’t risk playing with an injured player in the semi final of a coppa


Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 17:06   #307
leaf
Dead man walking
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Bido92 View Post
I don’t think kalinic had a thigh injury and “grit through his teeth” whoever said that was just trying to calm the fans down towards him. Gattuso wouldn’t risk playing with an injured player in the semi final of a coppa
Yeah that's fairly obvious.


Signature
Sage & Necro on Romagnoli:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Musacchio is a fair bit better than Romagnoli.
Necro on Bertolacci
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
#Expertz
leaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:05   #308
beegees
make me adm in
 
beegees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default

beegees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:46   #309
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

Kalinic plays much better than Silva, his presence, his passing and his shielding have been very good lately, the finishing is the missing part.
Silva has much more holes in his game.

I don´t understand how anybody could favor Silva over Kalinic, if he was a player who´s laking in overall play but scores ok, but Silva is as harmless as a kitten and unlike Kalinic has bad positioning and a slow understanding of movements and the game.

Both are not dangerous but with Kalinic the team performs much better while with Silva the attack is disjointed.

Last edited by milanator; 03-03-2018 at 09:51.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:52   #310
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody
 
ibelongtomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Kalinic plays much better than Silva, his presence, his passing and his shielding have been very good lately, the finishing is the missing part.
Silva has much more holes in his game.

I don´t understand how anybody could favor Silva over Kalinic, if he was a player who´s laking in overall play but scores ok, but Silva is as harmless as a kitten and unlike Kalinic has bad positioning and a slow understanding of movements and the game.

Both are not dangerous but with Kalinic the team performs much better while with Silva the attack is disjointed.
pretty sure you didnt watch last game
he was trash in every aspect
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:49   #311
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
pretty sure you didnt watch last game
he was trash in every aspect
I did and I can´t agree with that, for example he received and distributed two balls to Hakan from the left side of the box, such target man play is what I really like about him.

Also it shows the double standards how one match or really one bad shot is used against Kalinic, if we apply these standards to Silva he would be the most hated player in the world.
I know that Silva is younger but he not such an experience-less player to warrant these differences.

In reality too many users are just waiting to praise Silva for every little success and bash Kalinic for every little failure.

I have no problem with Silva being better than Kalinic, but only if it is the case in reality and just not because people want it to be.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:20   #312
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody
 
ibelongtomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
I did and I can´t agree with that, for example he received and distributed two balls to Hakan from the left side of the box, such target man play is what I really like about him.

Also it shows the double standards how one match or really one bad shot is used against Kalinic, if we apply these standards to Silva he would be the most hated player in the world.
I know that Silva is younger but he not such an experience-less player to warrant these differences.

In reality too many users are just waiting to praise Silva for every little success and bash Kalinic for every little failure.

I have no problem with Silva being better than Kalinic, but only if it is the case in reality and just not because people want it to be.
lol are you on the wrong forum, all i can see is people are just waiting for every single mistake from silva to add their lame instagram joke

cmon, just admit it, the only reality is he was trash last game, no contribution at all, he lost the ball countless time, his passes were awful, he missed 2 easily chance in the last 2 games, didnt recall silva missed that kind of chances, luckily for him it didnt affect the final results at all, just imagine we lost 3 pts and knocked out in coppa after played 120 mins

the other fact is he played already 3-4 years in serie a, tons of experience, and 10 years older than silva, he should even be silva mentor, not the guy to be compared with silva about who is worse

from what i saw he is worse than matri, no reselling value, no future potential, old and huge wage, and we paid 25M for him
atleast we can sell silva for some cut losses, but if this guy plays bad, he is just a burden for this team

Last edited by ibelongtomilan; 03-03-2018 at 11:22.
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:33   #313
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
lol are you on the wrong forum, all i can see is people are just waiting for every single mistake from silva to add their lame instagram joke

cmon, just admit it, the only reality is he was trash last game, no contribution at all, he lost the ball countless time, his passes were awful, he missed 2 easily chance in the last 2 games, didnt recall silva missed that kind of chances, luckily for him it didnt affect the final results at all, just imagine we lost 3 pts and knocked out in coppa after played 120 mins

the other fact is he played already 3-4 years in serie a, tons of experience, and 10 years older than silva, he should even be silva mentor, not the guy to be compared with silva about who is worse

from what i saw he is worse than matri, no reselling value, no future potential, old and huge wage, and we paid 25M for him
atleast we can sell silva for some cut losses, but if this guy plays bad, he is just a burden for this team
I don´t see why Kalinic should not be able to pull a Dzeko, it´s not like he is the only player that needs/needed time.

I agree that the hype around Silva has luckily died to a certain degree but if he shows some glimpses there is still some instant praise.

Silva played for Porto and in one of the better leagues of Europe and in the CL, I never got why people act like he is some 17 yo talent who only played primavera.
He obviously is not a finished product but he should be 95% there with his age and experience. He should be much closer to Kalinic than to Cutrone in terms of readiness and in reality he appears as one of the most green players in the squad.

Last edited by milanator; 03-03-2018 at 11:35.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:45   #314
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody
 
ibelongtomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
I don´t see why Kalinic should not be able to pull a Dzeko, it´s not like he is the only player that needs/needed time.

I agree that the hype around Silva has luckily died to a certain degree but if he shows some glimpses there is still some instant praise.

Silva played for Porto and in one of the better leagues of Europe and in the CL, I never got why people act like he is some 17 yo talent who only played primavera.
He obviously is not a finished product but he should be 95% there with his age and experience. He should be much closer to Kalinic than to Cutrone in terms of readiness and in reality he appears as one of the most green players in the squad.
idk what are you trying to say, people take time to adapt in other league, its just as simple as that
suso even played for premier league and laliga before but he still need 2 seasons to become as good as he is atm
about the bold part i cant help but laugh, how on earth is the 22 years old guy is suppose to be 95% of his potential , he could be better for sure
about kalinic it is very unlikely, he is not dzeko level at all, btw i will just wait and see, because we cant get rid of him anyways

Last edited by ibelongtomilan; 03-03-2018 at 11:49.
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 14:35   #315
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

My point is that Kalinic isn't treated in a fair way at all.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 14:39   #316
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
My point is that Kalinic isn't treated in a fair way at all.
by whom? and in comparison to Silva?

a 20 year old Cutrone benched Kalinic, and deservedly so. as much as i like cutrone, he's not even close to being a finished product and is living more on momentum, will and grit and actual ability. his game doesn't help out the team nearly as much as one would want from a CF.

Kalinic touch is just bad in almost every sense.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 14:58   #317
Massaro94
Uno Tituli
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
Yep, 2 less than "killa"

what a fucking joke he must feel like. Reason for that is, you're using Lapadula as a reference point for what you feel is a poor player. I aint gonna argue that.

But your "killa" only got 2 goals more than him this season. With such a close tally, there's no telling if Lapadula would have missed, just like "killa"

Mighty "killa" indeed.

I'd feel like a joke too if I was him. This is Huntelaar all over again. No wait. Huntelaar would have put that chance away.
Kalichenko has 8 goals this season.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 14:59   #318
Massaro94
Uno Tituli
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Rino is a tough guy and I think he respects Kalinic, who comes off as more of a tough guy than Silva, who looks like he'd be open to referring to himself as a feminist.
If there's any truth in this we should cut our losses and get rid of this snowflake.

#MMGA


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 15:09   #319
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
Kalichenko has 8 goals this season.
You call Andre Silva Kalichenko


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 15:15   #320
Massaro94
Uno Tituli
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
You call Andre Silva Kalichenko
#7 fam


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:01.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.