The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ideally - the verdict will be the 17m fine and a voluntary arrangement.

Then increase in revenues, Gazidis arrives and the stadium project with Inter takes shape.

Then in addition to Paqueta, Leo and Paolo get:

One of Ibra or Pato.

One of Rodrigo Caio or Benatia.

One of Paredes, Cesc, Tonali or Fabinho (ideally two because Jack is out of the season, but that may be a bit too much for FFP).

The boys reach fourth place in Serie A.

In the summer we get an energetic, fast left winger like Lozano and another midfielder to replace Bakayoko. Squad is complete.

Caio is probably like plan C for CB. He doesn't have the hype he used to nor do I think he starts reguarly anymore. He can probably be easily acquired by loan or a small fee. Plus he has a European passport.

I wouldn't mind holding on to Bakayoko either as a rotational mid at a lower fee of course.

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Sevilla are looking to sign André Silva on a permanent basis and will not back away from meeting Milan’s asking price at €35M. Sevilla are already working on a possible deal to make sure Silva signs permanently for them. [@cmdotcom]

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
EFA President Aleksander Čeferin is asked how Yonghong Li could ever have been allowed to buy Milan - “we all knew there was a problem…”

The Chinese businessman bought the Rossoneri from Silvio Berlusconi in April 2017, but was forced out by Elliott Management just over a year later.

His time in charge saw reckless spending and ludicrous business plans, and Diavolo were initially thrown out of the Europa League for Financial Fair Play.

That was overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but directors were in Nyon today to discuss a settlement agreement.

“I have already replied in the past, there are independent authorities that are investigating and I do not want to interfere,” Ceferin replied when asked about how Li could have taken over the club.

“I think there must have been something political, but I would not go into the specific problem.

https://www.football-italia.net/130948/ceferin-‘milan-it’s-being-investigated’

.....and that's obvious

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sevilla are looking to sign André Silva on a permanent basis and will not back away from meeting Milan’s asking price at €35M. Sevilla are already working on a possible deal to make sure Silva signs permanently for them. [@cmdotcom]

Not much work to do. Just sign the clause buying him.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Raise your hand if you’ve been inside the Elliott managent corporation’s headquarters in Manhattan on 57th street

and what were you doing inside elliott management's hq? playing with taxpayer money?

OizYP0h.gif

weird flex but ok

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
and what were you doing inside elliott management's hq? playing with taxpayer money?

OizYP0h.gif

weird flex but ok

As a fellow Milan fan and a fellow American, why haven’t you been inside the Manhattan headquarters?

Hmmmmmm

tenor.gif

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Piazzale Angelo Moratti, 20151 Milano MI, Italy

40 West 57th Street New York, NY 10019 United States

makkah-madina.jpg

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan in January

Higuain-Ibra
Paqueta
Vidal-Paredes-Kessie
RR-Rom-CB-Conti
Donna

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Muy interesting interview from Fassone with Il Sole 24 Ore. Basically his first interview since last summer. It throws a little bit of light in that shady-awkward situation Yonghong Li created:

On the board of directors:

"I believe that Milan was led by an excellent board of directors: There were Roberto Cappelli, Marco Patuano and Paolo Scaroni, from which two are still present in the new board. All decisions were taken unanimously. We were not friends, but almost."

On the loss of 126 millions:

"Under my management, compared to 2016-17, we have made 20 million more revenues and 50 million more margin. The 126 million loss includes 45 million extraordinary components which where not in the budget during my management:

22 millions are due to devaluations of players such as Kalinic and Bacca who were sold after my departure, 17.5 millions due to provisions for me and 5 other managers who left the club, salaries of the players from the second team which was abandoned after my departure and the rest to set aside for a possible UUEFA fine.

Without these 45 million write-downs and provisions, I would have closed the balance with a loss of 81-82 million, which would have been better by 10 millions than the initial business plan.The costs have increased for the salaries of the players and for the Uefa trips, which were not there in the year before without Europe. The other general costs decreased by 6 millions. In any case, the value of today's roaster is much higher than the one of June 2016."

On the business plan developed by Fassone and being too optimistic:

"Surely the values ​​shown in the Chinese market revenue plan were too optimistic. President Yonghong Li was convinced that he could hit those targets. As we have seen, China has given zero, but we managed to almost compensate the missing incomings with stadium revenues and above all capital gains: 35 million in last year's summer campaign, giving Niang to Torino and Lapadula to Genoa. In the end, we were overall 6 millions lower. Nevertheless, excluding China, the result was significantly better than the budget forseen in the business plan."

However, UEFA denied the businessplan more than once:

"All I can say is that TAS has denied the UEFA theses and defined the business plan forecasts accurate and reachable and indicated that the management was correct."

On Yonghong Li and his disappearance:

"I've never seen him again. Sometimes I hear his right-hand man David Li. I do not know where the money came from to buy the club. I don't know if it was his own or borrowed. However the most prestigious advisors were involved in the operation with Fininvest: from Lazard and Rothschild to Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli. Why should I doubt?"

How Li lost the club in the end:

"In the Board of Directors it was decided that, should the Chinese revenues not arrive, Mr. Li would have to make capital increases totaling 120 million. As time went by, it became obvious that the Chinese revenues would not arrive. Mr. Li had already put another 88 million into the club. To meet the agreements, there were those infamous 32 millions left. In the end, Mr. Li preferred to default, and Elliott anticipated the money as agreed. It surprised me too."

Between Milan and Marco Fassone the dispute is still open:

"At Milan I was general manager. I don't want to comment the numbers, but if I had accepted what was proposed by Milan (about 2 million euros), knowing that the agreements were different, I would have given the impression that I had left the club with something to hide. So I refused. In the end the judge will decide."

At the end, the market bomb:

"Misterr Li wanted Cristiano Ronaldo because he believed he had a great strength on the Chinese market. The player wanted to leave Madrid, and we met in July 2017 with his attorney Mendes, to check the costs and availability of the player. Then I persuaded Mr. Li to let go of the dream, because Ronaldo was too expensive."

99% of what he said are lies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Ideally - the verdict will be the 17m fine and a voluntary arrangement.

Then increase in revenues, Gazidis arrives and the stadium project with Inter takes shape.

Then in addition to Paqueta, Leo and Paolo get:

One of Ibra or Pato.

One of Rodrigo Caio or Benatia.

One of Paredes, Cesc, Tonali or Fabinho (ideally two because Jack is out of the season, but that may be a bit too much for FFP).

The boys reach fourth place in Serie A.

In the summer we get an energetic, fast left winger like Lozano and another midfielder to replace Bakayoko. Squad is complete.

Would you please write the project line up for next season, Complete to compete for what?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Congo is wisely downplaying his American pride given the shambolic state of our country.

Still, an office/headquarters in a foreign country in which a corporation operates does not change the nationality of said corporation. America: An empire of corporations and military bases ruled by a clementine.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic for 6 months is the biggest no brainer I've ever seen. He'll probably contribute to a minimum of 15 goals.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic for 6 months is the biggest no brainer I've ever seen. He'll probably contribute to a minimum of 15 goals.

is this another "Higuain will get 30 goals with us" kind of statement?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo is wisely downplaying his American pride given the shambolic state of our country.

Still, an office/headquarters in a foreign country in which a corporation operates does not change the nationality of said corporation. America: An empire of corporations and military bases ruled by a clementine.

there is nothing american about usury..international capital is anathema to the ideals of the founders of the nation

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Patrick Cutrone has been included in the five-man shortlist for the 2018 European Golden Boy award in addition to Matthijs De Ligt, Justin Kluivert, Vinicius Jr. and Trent Alexander-Arnold

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
There is a chance the game against Lazio will be suspended due to forecasted heavy rain on Saturday & Sunday in Rome.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how i feel about this.

If it's moved to after the January window then yes please. Roma plays midweek at home vs Real Madrid so it can't be played right away. And Milan/Lazio have Europa League.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@PianiMino
#Cahill and #Delph have been proposed to Milan (Milan not interested in the latter). The real news is the self-nomination of #Fabregas (for June for free) Milan thinks seriously about the 2 Chelsea players.

He also mentioned Cahill and Fabregas were Conte favorites at Chelsea if Conte takes over next year.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@PianiMino
#Cahill and #Delph have been proposed to Milan (Milan not interested in the latter). The real news is the self-nomination of #Fabregas (for June for free) Milan thinks seriously about the 2 Chelsea players.

He also mentioned Cahill and Fabregas were Conte favorites at Chelsea if Conte takes over next year.

fabregas hates conte iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule