The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
According to Italian newspaper Il Giornale, Mario Mandzukic would have agreed terms with Milan with Juventus' blessing to sell the Croatian to Milan rather than Inter in January.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Italian newspaper Il Giornale, Mario Mandzukic would have agreed terms with Milan with Juventus' blessing to sell the Croatian to Milan rather than Inter in January.
Maybe piatek can learn from mandzukic how to stay on his feet.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
One of those names is not like the others.

3 have even number of letters in their last name, the other has odd number of letters.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

:head:

Only if Juventus lets him go for free.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
3 have even number of letters in their last name, the other has odd number of letters.

Good attempt, but I think what he meant was 3 of them are named after saints while Gianluigi isn't.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
:head:

Only if Juventus let him join us for free

Why do you want another high salary striker who's comfortable wide on the left wing? Leao, Rebic not enough?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Why do you want another high salary striker who's comfortable wide on the left wing? Leao, Rebic not enough?

I really don't want Mandzukic here, but let's say if we sell Piatek for €40m+, I'll think it would be a good move to bring him on a 1/2 year contract with reasonable wages.

Anyway, I don't think Piatek will be sold unless he somehow is performing worse under Pioli.

But if we do take Mandzukic off Juventus' hands (who is surplus to requirements there), it will only mean that we're in bed with Juventus mgmt, which could result in more deals between the two clubs. Emre Can, Rugani or even Bernardeschi may be Milan players. Romagnoli or Donnarumma, vice versa.

I know, it's a sad reality.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m 100% in favor of selling Piatek to Barcelona or Man Utd for a profit and investing in Leao. Mandzukic can cover for both LW and FW position.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
The banks also opened new lines of credit to the club after closing them during the Chinese era, a strong sign of confidence in Milan shareholders. (ANSA)

Elliott could sell Milan as soon as the stadium project starts. Elliott may be able to go to the market and sell the club to a new buyer for 800-900 million, giving them in hand a club in reconstruction with a crucial asset like the stadium.(Marco Bellinazzo Il Sole 24)

As I told you. Stadium confirmed and then the sale of sporting part they dont know shit about

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really don't want Mandzukic here, but let's say if we sell Piatek for €40m+, I'll think it would be a good move to bring him on a 1/2 year contract with reasonable wages.

Anyway, I don't think Piatek will be sold unless he somehow is performing worse under Pioli.

But if we do take Mandzukic off Juventus' hands (who is surplus to requirements there), it will only mean that we're in bed with Juventus mgmt, which could result in more deals between the two clubs. Emre Can, Rugani or even Bernardeschi may be Milan players. Romagnoli or Donnarumma, vice versa.

I know, it's a sad reality.

We've always had a great relationship with the Agnellis.. I don't think that's an issue at all, which one needs to gamble a Mandzukic deal on.

I think it's way too soon to give up and cash in on Piatek. In a less intensive system, he can be his effective self. Pioli will be good for him.

We need leaders and veterans but I'd rather get them in the midfield or defense.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Leao is the future CF ... sell piatek for big money and bring mandzukic for the bench/mentor...

Piatek money can help us get the two wingers we need

I love this idea

Last edited:

mazen111

Primavera
Reaction score
the Italian journalist Franco Melli:

Ancelotti to Milan next season.

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a crazy idea - let's first sell the players that are holding us back before selling a striker who scored 22 goals last season...
Suso, Hakan, Kessie, RR, Borini, Samu can generate more than 100 m which shall be enough for great RW and mid.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pioli in CL or Ancelotti in Serie A

Why can’t we have Ancelotti in CL? Please pioli get us top 4 and immediately get fired ... can u do this for me?

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
CF is literally the last thing we need now.

What's with this club and their fetish on strikers :rolleyes:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It’s not the need for a CF, it’s piateks money

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've always thought Rebic is a prototypical Pioli player. Not surprising that he's favored on the left. Too bad because It's hard to keep out one of Piatek or Leao, but Rebic on the left in a hard, high pressing offensive unit makes a lot of sense. Of course the best option is to sacrifice Suso, but we all know that's never going to happen.

Would it? That's build on the assumptions that

- Rebic is better than Suso
- Leao can play well on the right

Could be but could also very likely not be the case. Suso is still one of the best players in the squad, like it or not. Leao has impressed so far and should start, but Piatek, Rebic ... they definitely haven't shown more than Suso, so why play Leao on the wrong side to make space for them ...

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sources inside Milan reassure the club have no intention to sell players in January as it would be incoherent with the team's seasonal goals and the big investments done by the ownership (€265M last year and €80M already in this fiscal year) [@AntoVitiello]

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
mrkic you know your things

IF money for piatek is good.

But yes 1st try to sell mediocre shit in our mid + spaniards. Suso + Samunin winter would be a blessing. Not to mention hakan

Listen if club can take 40 for Piatek, 25 for Suso, 10 for Samu its 75mln more less, its good business. You get Mandzukic still able to play 1.5 year on to phisical level as cf/lw. For low sum but yes high wages.

As far as attacking department I would do this in a heart beat

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I have a crazy idea - let's first sell the players that are holding us back before selling a striker who scored 22 goals last season...
Suso, Hakan, Kessie, RR, Borini, Samu can generate more than 100 m which shall be enough for great RW and mid.

I'd say lets try this crazy idea of yours. May end up good

I'm all for selling Piatek too actually but not right now, give him atleast some more time under Pioli.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I would fo that, and try to bring in someone for Hakan or jessue. Depends of who u can sell! And then try to finish the year with dignity

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

True bro but listen, u cant sell so much and bring in 2 players

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fyi, when i was in middle school, most of my classmate have at least 1 milan jersey albeit majority of it was counterfeit. I had sheva 05/06 home and kaka 06/07 away

That was wonderful world to live in.

Can’t relate, living on the Western Hemisphere football is not that popular, but I still see Sunday league and 5 a side teams with Milan unis. That and the casual kid rarely. I just think recent kits aren’t attractive to the point where casual fans will buy them like PSG kits, plus jersey prices have gone crazy. 16/17 home jersey cost me 70$. Still Milan jerseys are guaranteed to be sold at sports stores in the US so I think we’re still relevant.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
True bro but listen, u cant sell so much and bring in 2 players

This^
for every player sold a replacement is needed. Especially at right wing where both Suso and Castielljo are very shaky and unreliable. Safest bet is bring in some free transfers like inters Godin which wld screw the wage, or promote from within which should be happening more frequently. We haven’t promoted primavera players since Montella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule