Fifa 14

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
You know I'm just talking out of my ass. :D

I hate this game, as much as the rest of you, but I'm gonna keep buying the latest edition. Maybe it's because I'm weak, to peer pressure, perhaps. Maybe it's because I'm addicted to it, maybe because I focus on the EXTREME pleasure you get when you beat someone, rather than the EXTREME displeasure from losing. Idk, all I know is I'm getting the game.

The sad thing is that I'll buy it too :lol: :fp:

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
In FIFA 13, when you take a good shot, either 3 things happen:

1) The keeper makes a save. Always the same kind of saves since EA developed the game in such a way that the correct animations are shown. Otherwise keeper animations would look crap.

2) You score.

3) You hit the post/bar.

We all know the handicap and such. Basically when you take a shot, the game could decide that the ball is hit in such a way that it goes directly towards the keeper (for the animations).

Since a few weeks I have been playing on manual shooting. Took a day to practise but now that I have mastered it, they don't get a chance. I can shoot the ball perfectly into the top corner. What I also noticed is that since I use manual shooting, the ball deflects way differently than before, sometimes causing their keeper to punch the ball into their own net (due to the animations).

Seriously. For example, start play a match against CPU on your usual controls. After the game restart the match and set shooting as manual shooting. You will notice a HUGE difference and a lot of weird things happen when you take a shot. It only takes time to control really.

If I'm buying FIFA 14? I wrote before that I probably will not because of the PS4 release. I may get it after all. I don't really want to give that piece of shit company called EA any of my money though.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
In FIFA 13, when you take a good shot, either 3 things happen:

1) The keeper makes a save. Always the same kind of saves since EA developed the game in such a way that the correct animations are shown. Otherwise keeper animations would look crap.

2) You score.

3) You hit the post/bar.

We all know the handicap and such. Basically when you take a shot, the game could decide that the ball is hit in such a way that it goes directly towards the keeper (for the animations).

Since a few weeks I have been playing on manual shooting. Took a day to practise but now that I have mastered it, they don't get a chance. I can shoot the ball perfectly into the top corner. What I also noticed is that since I use manual shooting, the ball deflects way differently than before, sometimes causing their keeper to punch the ball into their own net (due to the animations).

Seriously. For example, start play a match against CPU on your usual controls. After the game restart the match and set shooting as manual shooting. You will notice a HUGE difference and a lot of weird things happen when you take a shot. It only takes time to control really.

If I'm buying FIFA 14? I wrote before that I probably will not because of the PS4 release. I may get it after all. I don't really want to give that piece of shit company called EA any of my money though.

The difference is even clear when using semi-manual shooting.

Shots go in which would never with assisted, goalkeepers are generally a lot worse and it's easier to score from range.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
BQBU6miCUAALq9W.jpg:large

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
SES there? Now I'll definitely have to buy it :fp:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
fifa14_italycover.jpg

I need this.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
that cover looks sooo awesome

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
1010826_10151743891759288_1976776165_n.jpg

Steph's face looks very detailed, very realistic. Impressed. :thumbsup:

Also, Nocerino getting a face. :lol: :proud:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So what are your thoughts about upgrades/downgrades for Milan players from Fifa 13 -> Fifa 14?
I think this is how it will be:
Boateng: 85 -> 82
Montolivo: 83 -> 85
SES : 81 -> 82
Balotelli: 84 -> 85
Nocerino: 82 -> 19
Abate: 81 -> 79

Monto, SES, Abate already updated in FIFA 13 to those ratings.
:lol:

DeS should be a 78-80+
Constant 77+ LB
Niang 74+
Zapata 78+
Again, already updated in FIFA 13.

1010826_10151743891759288_1976776165_n.jpg

Steph's face looks very detailed, very realistic. Impressed. :thumbsup:

Also, Nocerino getting a face. :lol: :proud:

I wonder who else on our team is getting the "starhead" face treatment. Rumor was the entire Jube team is getting real faces. I really hope we do too because out of the big leagues, Italian teams gets the least amount of starheads IIRC. I think some players on our team definitely need REAL faces like: SES, DES, Niang, Constant, Saponara, Poli, Zapata. Also, Monto's face has been the same since like Fifa 2008, he needs an upgrade as his old face isn't really that great.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I wonder who else on our team is getting the "starhead" face treatment. Rumor was the entire Jube team is getting real faces. I really hope we do too because out of the big leagues, Italian teams gets the least amount of starheads IIRC. I think some players on our team definitely need REAL faces like: SES, DES, Niang, Constant, Saponara, Poli, Zapata. Also, Monto's face has been the same since like Fifa 2008, he needs an upgrade as his old face isn't really that great.
I really doubt Sapo and Poli will get new faces, just because they're pretty much unknown to anyone outside Italy. Unless someone from EA glances upon their beautiful faces and are mesmerized.

De Sciggles, I really hope so. Zapata deserves one after last season, but with EA... 50-50 chance I think. Constant too.

I agree with Montolivo, he just looks... off in the game. He needs a hair update too.

Btw, I think one of the best faces in FIFA 12 had to be Pazzini. He just looks absolutely spot on.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Balotelli has been downgraded to a 83 on H2H.
They can't justify a downgrade for Balo from Fifa 13 -> Fifa 14 as tnis season, he's played the best football in his life up until now.
He must be 85 or 85+...

Also they took away his 4* skills which is ridicilous when you consider that Boateng, SES, Niang etc do posses the 4*...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really doubt Sapo and Poli will get new faces, just because they're pretty much unknown to anyone outside Italy. Unless someone from EA glances upon their beautiful faces and are mesmerized.

De Sciggles, I really hope so. Zapata deserves one after last season, but with EA... 50-50 chance I think. Constant too.

I agree with Montolivo, he just looks... off in the game. He needs a hair update too.

Btw, I think one of the best faces in FIFA 12 had to be Pazzini. He just looks absolutely spot on.

That is because Pazzo got a starhead treatment when he was with Inter.

Monto's face is just a custom, and its from like Fifa 2009

Those players will get it IF our whole team gets the starhead treatment, otherwise, you are probably right. It's a shame cuz shitty as EPL teams get the treatment and even their scrubs get em too.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
No controller. All keyboard. I can't do much in the way of skill moves, but I don't care.

...:eek:.....but....how ?

I hate playing on PS3 because of the controller, how can you successfully play Fifa with a completely precision-less device ?

I don't know if I consider you a freak of nature or I admire you...

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Suarez > the rest :o

df2b5b24-160b-4517-bd11-31f4cb993b86

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Still, still not impressed. Are keepers going to suck?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FIFA 14 - Shakhtar Donetsk Set To Be Included

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

OMFG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

EA I will throw money at you for this. :thumbsup:

Following the agreement between the Union of Professional Football Players of Montenegro, FIFPro and EA Sports, in March 2013 was announced that for the first time Montenegro national football team will be featured in upcoming FIFA 14 as a fully licensed team, as well as in next FIFA game series.[4] In July 2013, EA Sports announced that 19 Brazilian clubs were officially licensed: 18 are from the 2013 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A season (Bahia and Corinthians have not been licensed) as well as Palmeiras.[5] During August, EA officially announced that FIFA 14 will include Chile's Campeonato Nacional Petrobras[6] and Colombia's Liga Postobón

Awesome! But Argentinean league not licensed and we are getting Chile and Colombia? I guess FIFA realizes people probably want talent from those leagues in career mode lol.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wish they'd include some NT like Japan, Croatia etc.

Schedule