The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I’m willing to give Kessie another chance if we get rid of Suso and send Hakan to the bench. Having all 3 of them in the team was too much, but Kessie has all the tools to be something, Politano/Under aren’t great but are better options than Suso imo. If we got Olmo in Hakan’s position that’s a massive improvement, Kessie could be a different player.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Olmo, Emre Can, one of Under/Politano, back up LB, maybe another CB if Gabbia goes.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Pep Guardiola insists he DID give his Man City stars permission to party with the 22 Italian Instagram models they flew in for 'Bunga-Bunga' party at £150-a-night Cheshire hotel after 6-1 Aston Villa win

Pep prepping for his next destination.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Croatia was even trying to convince him to play for national team. Too bad he could've been a legend.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The #Milan is serious about Dani #Olmo . Rossoneri ready to satisfy the request of #DinamoZagabria ( € 25M), but first they have to cash in on the disposals (Suso and Piatek). To beat competition from #Monaco is #Sevilla . Directed by Nelio Lucas. #calciomercato @NicoSchira

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
The #Milan is serious about Dani #Olmo . Rossoneri ready to satisfy the request of #DinamoZagabria ( € 25M), but first they have to cash in on the disposals (Suso and Piatek). To beat competition from #Monaco is #Sevilla . Directed by Nelio Lucas. #calciomercato @NicoSchira

Imagine we fail to sell Suso and we can’t close for Olmo due to that. Suso will be forever hated, similar to the rumours back when we signed Ibra the first time. I remember there were rumours saying that if we couldn’t sacrifice Borriello than Ibra won’t arrive, we ended getting Robinho and Ibra so it was clearly bullshit but I remember this forum going into a mini explosion when those reports were doing the rounds lol

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Imagine we fail to sell Suso and we can’t close for Olmo due to that. Suso will be forever hated, similar to the rumours back when we signed Ibra the first time. I remember there were rumours saying that if we couldn’t sacrifice Borriello than Ibra won’t arrive, we ended getting Robinho and Ibra so it was clearly bullshit but I remember this forum going into a mini explosion when those reports were doing the rounds lol

I see what you mean but I think Suso will actually leave this month.

Very understandable from his POV.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is Dani Olmo of some partial Croatian origin? I know his father is named Miguel, but is his mother Croatian or is his dad?

I'm just curious as to how he ended up in Croatia.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I would take Can if we get Olmo. Would be a big upgrade over a guy like Biglia and would allow Bennacer to play a bit more freely.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Is Dani Olmo of some partial Croatian origin? I know his father is named Miguel, but is his mother Croatian or is his dad?

I'm just curious as to how he ended up in Croatia.

He's Spanish, no Croatian origins.

La Masia product, Dinamo Zagreb got him + 6m for Halilovic back in 2014.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You think Suso won't be forever hated as it is?

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
Personally, I love what we are doing so far this mercato. This is the first one that goes with the famous Boban & Maldini saying: 'It will take us some time to get back, but we wouldn't be here if we needed to wait for 5-10 years more'.

We have so far:
- added champion striker (not only as player, but personality and attitude wise). Ibra is extremely important wor this squad as not only he will win us 6-10 points by his own, but he will 'swallow' the pressure that is constantly on this team and improve other players as playing and training with champions does
- added experienced defender - national team captain, playing 10+ years at biggest levels (top 5 european leagues). Tall defender with experience and 'last line' organization - playing with him will make Romagnoli grow and express himself the best way

We paid nothing to acquire/loan these players, and results are visible already.

Also, if we are to build on this, getting Meunier as RB alternative would be great (free transfer at summer or low cost now).

I like midfielders with high work rate, so Olmo would be most welcome as he is hard worker who could start at LM and support strikers, leaving left side to Theo, offering at the same time goalscoring threat (used to play as forward in youth categories in Barcelona, and for some time in Dinamo).

Also, I believe that a player that comes to Milan and is intended to take starter place, although young, needs to have at least one characteristics in which he is near/already world class to build on.

For example, RR or Calhanoglu are ok players with, although young, vast experience in Bundesliga, but I just cannot see anything that would make them world beaters in their position in several years. These transfers we should avoid.

So to build on mercato so far, we need youngsters who have shown they are exceptional at something and could become WC in few seasons with proper team (e.g. Theo - speed and power on the left side, Bennacer - covering huge amount of field and moving into channels, Donnaruma - fantastic reflexes) and shouldn't be afraid to spend the most of our budget on them, but also be smart and for low amount or free transfers - to pick up players that can offer something more to make partners in their line on field improve as much as possible (e.g. Kjaer with defensive line organization, agressiveness and heading to help Romagnoli grow, Ibra with experience, hold up play, finishing to help Leao grow etc.)

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan

Exactly, Dinamo got him because they have reputation as one of the best academies in Europe, many players during the past have grown in Dinamo and made good/great careers: Modric, Kovacic, Mandzukic, Eduardo, Corluka, Lovren, Brozovic, Badelj, Pjaca etc.

They will probably also sell Petkovic (who used to play for Bologna) for more than 10-15 milions

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have watched Olmo a few times. The guy is class. Under the right coach and in a good environment he can become a star. Hope Boban lands him in the next few days. I really hope it is not dependent on Suso AND Piatek's sale. Just kick out Suso for 20 m and move on

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Highway robbery in hindsight.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Leao liked Olmo's picture on insta. :o

I think that they don't know each from before so it only could be related to potential transfer. Confermato, grazie Leao. :o

And big no to Emre Can, such a trash, mediocre player. I hate Kessie in first XI but I'll rather watch him.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao liked Olmo's picture on insta. :o

I think that they don't know each from before so it only could be related to potential transfer. Confermato, grazie Leao. :o

And big no to Emre Can, such a trash, mediocre player. I hate Kessie in first XI but I'll rather watch him.

How would 20 year old Leao have confermato of a transfer so under the radar? Do you think Maldoban regularly updates the squad in a Messenger group?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule