Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Thats a complete lie, lol. Haver you even watched montolivo?

speed demon? Nah.. but not slow

Yes I have, even live a couple of times when I lived in Florence and watched some Fiorentina games and its much more easy to see how a player is on the field when you see him live rather then seeing him on the tv. My view is that he is really slow.

OT: One thing I also noticed when I have seen Milan play, both in Milano and in Florence, is how fucking fast Pato is, its hard to judge how truely quick he is if you only have watched him on the tv

Last edited:

Forza Milano

Serie A Winners 2010/2011
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Zidane, Larsson, Kaka, Pirlo, L.Ronaldo, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva
Montolivo would be a great sighning for us, hope we get him

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Dont problem with Montolivo is that a) he hasnt really shown anything on the big stage and b) he is extremly slow, I mean even slower then Pirlo and that is a rarity. I like Ilicic from Palermo but I dont think he suits us that well, I actually like having Robinho as AM so I feel we should focus on getting two CM:s, a left back and a CB

LOOOOOOOOL! Nope, he isnt.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
He gonna own De Rossi in sprint race.

Speed is overrated anyway.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yes I have, even live a couple of times when I lived in Florence and watched some Fiorentina games and its much more easy to see how a player is on the field when you see him live rather then seeing him on the tv. My view is that he is really slow.

OT: One thing I also noticed when I have seen Milan play, both in Milano and in Florence, is how fucking fast Pato is, its hard to judge how truely quick he is if you only have watched him on the tv

But slower than pirlo? He is quicker than seedorf for me.

Point being speed isn't an issue for him at CM, is it?

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I prefer aquilani.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
But slower than pirlo? He is quicker than seedorf for me.

Point being speed isn't an issue for him at CM, is it?

Yea I exagerated a bit.

It all depends, if all our other CM:s are slow then yes it becomes an issue as it becomes easier to counterattack against ut. But if we have other players in the central midfield who are quick to close other players down then I agree with you that Montolivos lack of speed isnt an issue.

Rossonero

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaka, El Shaarawy
Don't want him. We are better to take Ganso or Hamsik. Montolivo is not even near their level.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Lol :lol:

what is this guy doing so high up in the rumor commode? :lol:

No thank you go to Merda and lose.

shimec

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Bierhoff, Weah, Savicevic, Boban, Zidane, Raul,
Don't want him. We are better to take Ganso or Hamsik. Montolivo is not even near their level.

Agreed. I really don't think he's good enough if we want to challange CL next year.

silvagroupie

Beginner
Reaction score
Always thought of Montolivo as a poor man's Pirlo. Sometimes you can see those flashes of quality that make you understand the hype surrounding him but then he zones out for large periods of the game. If he is the answer to our champions league prayers, then i guess Barca will rule Europe for another year:fp::fp:.

What happened to the Ganso rumors. Are we totally giving up on him because of the injury and the non EU spot?If he doesnt come here, he'll go to Merda and I'll die if that happens:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Always thought of Montolivo as a poor man's Pirlo. Sometimes you can see those flashes of quality that make you understand the hype surrounding him but then he zones out for large periods of the game. If he is the answer to our champions league prayers, then i guess Barca will rule Europe for another year:fp::fp:.

What happened to the Ganso rumors. Are we totally giving up on him because of the injury and the non EU spot?If he doesnt come here, he'll go to Merda and I'll die if that happens:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
:lol:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Riccardo Montolivo: Eternally incomplete or ready for the big time?
by Giancarlo Rinaldi | 26 May 2011

He came, he saw but he never really conquered. Despite helping to lift Fiorentina from the basement of Serie A to the Champions League, some sections of the Viola support still have their reservations about Riccardo Montolivo. They will not be weeping over his departure plans.

In many ways that seems sum up the fate of a player destined to divide opinions. At international level, too, you are either a supporter or a sceptic. There really is precious little middle ground.

http://giancarlorinaldi.tumblr.com/post/5860651762/riccardo-montolivo-eternally-incomplete-or-ready-for

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
can heplay as an anchor man, is he more of a defensive playmaker

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Montolivo you ugly bastard... STAY AWAY FROM MILAN !!! Nobody wants you !

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
poor man's pirlo. no, thanks.

FOLA

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cassano for Motolivo?
Our midfield next season will be

Ganso---Montolivo
------VMB--------

That would be extreeemly creative...

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Din't want Pirlo and don't want a poor man's version of him anyway. Please don't tell me I was hoping to see Pirlo leave to Ladri to watch this purple *** come to Milan .. :fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Asamoah, Zapata, Ganso, Mr.X and El Shaarawy Will Rock the world !!!

And Balotelli comes also i sense !

So no need for Gaytolivo !

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Din't want Pirlo and don't want a poor man's version of him anyway. Please don't tell me I was hoping to see Pirlo leave to Ladri to watch this purple *** come to Milan .. :fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:

pirlo wasn't much better than monti before he arrived here

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
not milan material. he is nothing special. rather spend the money for some1 else

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he is slow , otherwise a good player, underrated anyway

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
He's more mobile and dynamic then Pirlo. If we could get him for cheap I wouldn't mind.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montolivo has been playing great for the National Team...I personally wouldnt mind him coming if he was cheap but I dont think we need him and Aquilani also...especially when we are getting a Champion and Seedorf is still here

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Galliani has explained why they're not moving for Fiorentina star Riccardo Montolivo.

He went into detail as to why his club wouldn’t be making an offer for Montolivo.

“He would be a perfect replacement for Andrea Pirlo, but a Pirlo who plays in front of the defence,” Galliani said.

“We want a left-midfielder and Montolivo is not one. We are looking for a player with legs, a player who is good at coming from deep.”

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ good, at least if we sell Cassano to them it will be for money and not Montolivo