Mathias Cardacio Thread

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I don't see him giving competition for Pirlo. He's a youngster, and unless he's mighty brilliant, we won't see him play regularly.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
never heard of him, but i think my presence at the city of manchester stadium for his milan debut should be enough for him to step his game up and perform well ;)

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
This should answer many of your questions guys...

ACMilan.com said:
I NOSTRI NUMERI
06/08/2008 10.39.00
Si va dall'1 di Dida all'84 di Flamini, passando per la mitica "3" del Capitano e la numero 80 di Dinho. Ecco i nostri numeri di maglia, compresi quelli degli altri nuovi arrivati nel Milan

MILANO - Questi, a tutt'oggi, i numeri di maglia ufficiali della Prima squadra rossonera dopo l'assegnazione dei numeri anche ai due giovani calciatori uruguaiani che sono da lunedì a tutti gli effetti due tesserati del Milan:

PORTIERI: 1 Nelson Dida - 12 Christian Abbiati - 16 Zelijko Kalac

DIFENSORI: 3 Paolo Maldini - 2 Massimo Oddo - 4 Kakha Kaladze - 13 Alessandro Nesta - 15 Gianluca Zambrotta - 17 Dario Simic - 18 Marek Jankulovski - 19 Giuseppe Favalli - 25 Daniele Bonera - 31 Rodrigo Digao - 36 Matteo Darmian - 77 Luca Antonini

CENTROCAMPISTI: 5 Emerson - 8 Rino Gattuso - 14 Mathias Cardacio - 21 Andrea Pirlo - 23 Massimo Ambrosini - 32 Cristian Brocchi - 84 Mathieu Flamini

ATTACCANTI: 7 Alexandre Pato - 9 Filippo Inzaghi - 10 Clarence Seedorf - 11 Marco Borriello - 20 Tabarè Viudez - 22 Ricardo Kakà - 43 Alberto Paloschi - 80 Ronaldinho

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
DANIEL FONSECA SU MATHIAS CARDACIO
06/08/2008
MILANELLO - Queste le dichiarazioni rilasciate dall'ex calciatore uruguaiano, oggi procuratore, Daniel Fonseca, sul neoacquisto rossonero Mathias Cardacio: "E' un ragazzo di vent'anni, sono due anni che gioca in Serie A e da poco tempo fa anche parte dell'Under 20. Mathias è il tipico centrocampista con importanti potenzialità che sarà lui a dover dimostrare sul campo."

acmilan.com

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Here's pics from training today

11200_big8-6.jpg

11201_big8-6.jpg

Last edited:

superpato

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
wow im excited by this guy

seems a smart capture

a creative passer of the ball with a decent shot

just emailed a guy i talk to about fball who lives in argentina and he told me hes a helluva prospect

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21 said:
no... Cardacio is the one with the long hair

Lisa thought the one with the short hair was Cardacio and that the one with longer hair was Viudez, but she was then told she was wrong and she corrected it
Oh, so they messed it up at acmilan.com.

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
no... Cardacio is the one with the long hair

Lisa thought the one with the short hair was Cardacio and that the one with longer hair was Viudez, but she was then told she was wrong and she corrected it

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
just wanna say...
good luck Cardacio :D

magashi

Rino Follower
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Cr. Ronaldo, Torres, Sneijder
OMG, great heel pass :eek: Couldn't recognize him with that quality of the video though :D

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
David-Regal said:
^ Every player looks great on youtube. Don't be so sure yet. (I mean the consistency) It was a nice goal though.

Great comment i didnt think about that. :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Since we really havent seen much of cardaccio and vuidez i found this interesting....

just listened to tim vickery on world soccer daily. He follows south america for BBC and is very knowledgeable. Some1 asked him about cardaccio and vuidez. Vickery (who they call vickipedia for his knowledge of all south american players) had never seen vuidez, hwoever he did know a fair amount about cardaccio.
Said he has a bit of class and is a good distributor, and had potential to develop to be a very good CM. But he said typical worry... they both moved too soon to a club of milans size.

i still wait to make m own opinions, but i read/listen to vickery a bit he's analysis is ussually pretty good. Im willing ot bet we loan them both next season....

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
yeah, they are the next 2 Leandro Grimis.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
radioactivenerd said:
yeah, they are the next 2 Leandro Grimis.

i like ur possitivity... btw you're a river plate guy, yes? Why has cavenaghi not been rapped up by a bigger club, from when ive seen him, he's a very good striker

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
It's 2 Days Late, But Happy Birthday Cardacio;)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milano84 said:
i like ur possitivity... btw you're a river plate guy, yes? Why has cavenaghi not been rapped up by a bigger club, from when ive seen him, he's a very good striker
Totally missed this post till now. Yes he was simply phenomenal at River - his record is better than Crespo's record at River. The move to Russia was the biggest mistake of his life imo. I don't know who advises a lot of these youngsters, but Cavenaghi went to Russia, Maxi Morales went to russia, and Zarate went to Qatar all within 2 years of each other.

Thankfully Zarate and Cavenaghi are in decent leagues now, but Maxi Morales is still struggling to get back to his best, even though hes back in argentina now.

Cavenaghi was linked with Napoli and slightly with Juve last season as well - i think he needs to have another major season...hopefully a 20+ goal season, and hell be playing for a top team pretty soon. He didnt play a lot last season, but played really well when he did play. Went on a 9 game scoring streak last season, which made ppl sit up and take notice. Hes still not at the level he was at with River though, so im hoping he can grow and regain that. Europe still hasnt seen the best of him.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Just so you guys get to know something about Cardacio I’m translating an interview from last September, with his brother (Federico Zamora) done in a Milan fan spanish forum, that him and Cardacio have visit. Credits to the people that did this interview.

It was a surprise for everyone his sudden arrival to Milan. How did it happened?
A: Uuhhh is long to tell but I’ll sum it up. Over a year ago Mathias was about to go to Europe, but he didn’t know in which club, the first one that tried to get him was Barcelona when he was 16, but he didn’t have an EU passport and that delayed his plans. Then during transfer season of last year he was ready to go to Lazio but everything fell down in the last minute. In this transfer period Juventus was the one that had everything arranged, but before he went there Milan showed up with a better proposal for his future and without a doubt he went there due to the club’s prestige.

Before Mathias went to Milan, did you support a European team?
A: I was always a fan of Juve, but my brother always liked Milan in Italy.

Did you ever imagine seeing your brother playing in Europe so soon and in a team like Milan?
A: One always dreams with that possibility but the truth is that it went beyond every expectative, what I did see was a lot of will to be better and winning spirit that makes him deserve a team with that idea, he also has great football skills that you will be able to see if it's God's will.

What was the first thing he told you when he found out about his move to Milan?
A: Mathias called me, and told me “Fede, I’m very happy this is the best thing I can ask in life I only hope I can last there for long” And I told him that now he was starting a new career and that he deserved that life gift for all the effort he has put in.

And have you talked with Mathis lately? What has he told you?
A: I spoke with him today (…); he had to go to sleep early cause he had to be at Milanello at 8 am. I talk with him almost everyday if our schedules let it, because there’s a five hour difference with Uruguay. About yesterday’s loss against Genoa he told me that he was very ashamed.

In several websites they give the nickaname “Bochita” to Mathias. Where did it come from?
A: They calll him “bocha” for family tradition, because people called his father and uncles that way when they were profesional footballers in Uruguay. The first time that he set his foot on a pitch 5 years ago, the journalist decided to nicknamed him “bochita”. But he has other nicknames like the ones that the Milan players gave him which is “Carda”.

For what I see they have already started to like him. With who he gets along better in the dressing room?
A: Without a doubt for his way of being with the brazilians, they are happy people and good teamates among themselves. Mathias told me that Emerson, Dinho, Pato and Kaka were the ones that gave him a hand when he arrived”.

Does he not get along well with the Europeans?
A: No, he also ges along well with the europeans specially with Senderos. They have a way of being a bit different from the latinamericans, but they are all good with him. The Europeans usually are people that give a lot of advices to the players with little experience.

Many say that Cardacio arrived at Milan to be the Pirlo sub that Milan needs so badly. Are you in agreement with that?
A: IMO, I feel that there’s always a need for rejuvenation, and young players need to learn from their predecessor and I think that Mathias has a very similar game to that of Andrea Pirlo. (I didn't caught well the idea of the first part in spanish so it's a little confusing).

Also people compare him to Redondo. Are they similar?
A:Yeah, although Mathias saw little of Redondo. On the other hand he has followed Fernando Gago, who for me is Redondo’s clone. Since I have seen both argies playing, I can tell you that both are similar to my brother, since he has a very good ball touch and he always plays with his head up just like Redondo.

Who is his football idol?
A: His football ido is Fernando Gago, and he follows Pirlo, Fabregas and Xavi closely.

Why did he choose #14?
A: Well, he chose it because it was among the options left but his favorite number is the one that Nesta wears, number 13.

What has he told you about Ancelotti?
A: He is very thankful with Ancelotti because if it wasn’t for him, my brother wouldn’t be at Milan, since it was him that asked for Mathias. What Mathis is waiting is that Carlo gives him his opportunity to demonstrate the great talent he has.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
crazy4milan said:
Milan players gave him which is “Carda”.

This is so ... Wild :D

Thanks for the translation :star:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Mmmmmmmmmmm , after reading that article I now can repeat , Carda :D can kiss his career mwah mwah.....

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Even if his talent gets up wasted to some extent by not playing,his career will caertinly not be. He was unknown before he came here,and I`m sure one of those smaller clubs like parma would take him any day if we were to sell him,and that won`t be worse than playing for some unkown club in south america.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
*Milan*4ever* said:
Even if his talent gets up wasted to some extent by not playing,his career will caertinly not be. He was unknown before he came here,and I`m sure one of those smaller clubs like parma would take him any day if we were to sell him,and that won`t be worse than playing for some unkown club in south america.

he probably would benefit from a loan move. I'd suggest we loan him january (assuming pirlo is back). Emerson's been fine and really if we r at full strength emo would be our 6th choice CM.
(someone chime in if its possible to loan him in italy in january?)

plus if cardaccio goes to a mid level club and starts and plays well he's more likely to be recalled and emo not resigned....

btw does anyone else find it weird he idolized gago and they r the SAME AGE

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
^^Yeah,it was weird to me too,and even more so because i thought he`s older than Gago.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I thought it was weird as I was writting it, but it happens.

I found interesting the way he said that Carlo wanted him at Milan which makes me think of 2 things a) maybe it's not Carlo the one that doesn't like youth but the higher ups since I do know he started a fairly young and talented team in Parma or b) he likes youth he just doesn't know how to handle it now, since times have changed, and he probably hasn't changed from the way he coached them 10 years ago.

Schedule