The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 25-08-2019, 20:22   #1261
Oedipus
AC Milan Legend

Excessive meltdown.
Rr, Hakan, Borini, Musa, Samu and hopefully Suso are not gonna start much this season.
We'll be fine.
Oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:25   #1262
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

The sensible thing is to wait and watch what happens over the next week. I'm holding on to the thought that Giampaolo is sending a signal to Maldini and Boban.

It doesn't make any sense to sign Giampaolo to play a 4-3-3.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:28   #1263
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Hakan Çalhanoğlu #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
Excessive meltdown.

Rr, Hakan, Borini, Musa, Samu and hopefully Suso are not gonna start much this season.

We'll be fine.
Suso isn't going to start much?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
Hugh Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:30   #1264
Fusiproe12
talebano simmetrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck7 View Post
Watching that today I already want him sacked. Overreaction probably but man it was laughable-so amateur
he's a calshio maestro
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:35   #1265
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
I wish I knew how to make videos and edit them to explain tbh

You're one of my favourite posters and a great analyst, but I think I'm convinced Hakan is your son or something as I don't think you are being as objective as you usually are for whatever reason when it comes to him

I mentioned those other guys failings in another post above but had to disagree with you that Hakan was ok. He was poor and not suited to the role and didn't interpret it properly.

As far as Giampaolo scrapping the 4312.....I actually don't mind that he recognises the issues of trying to fit square pegs into round holes and is willing to be tactically flexible rather than be one of those philosopher type coaches who don't adapt at all. It would have been nice if he experimented with other systems in preseason rather than playing one and then deciding to change after the first competitive game.
I appreciate your respect (I don't think I've earned it) and thank you for it.

As far as Hakan, man, I could do the same thing. The reason I defend Hakan is because I don't see him as the problem. I just don't. He does little things that I know my coaches always highlighted as the right thing to do.

I don't think Hakan is the quality of a player for a club like Milan. To be honest, only Donna and Romagnoli have shown that consistently.

However, I still think he has talent. I think he plays smart, and does the right thing. I also think he's always played out of position, including LCM, as he's a natural CAM. That we don't play him there, infuriates me, but also, he does his job. I also think he gets way more shit than he deserves.

As far Giampaolo... Yes, it's good to be able to switch formations. If we need to go 4-3-3, cool, but he's talking about changing the formation of the team, and he talked about "I'm starting the players that know my tactics" and we've been sold the entire summer, "Giampaolo is a MASTER TACTICIAN!"

This guy is supposed to be Sarri's heir. Sacchi loves him. Boban and Maldini have talked about how much they wanted him (as they should) so it's weird that he fucked up this bad. And he shouldn't be saying: "maybe we should change everything that we're doing!"

Of course he needs to have Plan B, C, etc, and I'm sure he does, but you can't talk about how awesome Suso is when he plays like that. He needs to win, there's no way around it, and with the Derby coming up so soon, he can't be experimenting now.

The whole pre-season was him trying out dumb shit. The defense is fine, even with Calabria's horrible game, and the midfield is doing fine, not great, but fine, the issue is the attack.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:36   #1266
campsfield68
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Milan players :D

simone inzaghi is 10 times better coach than this sarri wannabe

he spent whole pre season implementing 4-3-1-2 and bullshitting about how good suso is at CAM role and now he is saying that suso is RW and he might switch to 4-3-3 ... seems like a big fuck up from coach and management

they should just have given gattuso some decent wingers and he would have achieved CL football
campsfield68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:39   #1267
campsfield68
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post

As far as Hakan, man, I could do the same thing. The reason I defend Hakan is because I don't see him as the problem. I just don't. He does little things that I know my coaches always highlighted as the right thing to do.

I don't think Hakan is the quality of a player for a club like Milan. To be honest, only Donna and Romagnoli have shown that consistently.

However, I still think he has talent. I think he plays smart, and does the right thing. I also think he's always played out of position, including LCM, as he's a natural CAM. That we don't play him there, infuriates me, but also, he does his job. I also think he gets way more shit than he deserves.

As far Giampaolo... Yes, it's good to be able to switch formations. If we need to go 4-3-3, cool, but he's talking about changing the formation of the team, and he talked about "I'm starting the players that know my tactics" and we've been sold the entire summer, "Giampaolo is a MASTER TACTICIAN!"

This guy is supposed to be Sarri's heir. Sacchi loves him. Boban and Maldini have talked about how much they wanted him (as they should) so it's weird that he fucked up this bad. And he shouldn't be saying: "maybe we should change everything that we're doing!"

Of course he needs to have Plan B, C, etc, and I'm sure he does, but you can't talk about how awesome Suso is when he plays like that. He needs to win, there's no way around it, and with the Derby coming up so soon, he can't be experimenting now.

The whole pre-season was him trying out dumb shit. The defense is fine, even with Calabria's horrible game, and the midfield is doing fine, not great, but fine, the issue is the attack.
they won't be here longer if it continues like this ... all the big teams will be circling around them come the winter market or next summer ... i can see romagnoli going to juve and donna going to psg/man u next summer if we don't get CL football
Old 25-08-2019, 20:45   #1268
Fusiproe12
talebano simmetrico

Massimiliano Allegri or Gennaro Ivan Gattuso

We don't deserve to get sick because of impostor's pseudo tactics
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:48   #1269
remote2book
Sea206

Fav. Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, SES, Balo,T.silva, seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post

100% this, I was hoping GP realized this in pre-season and just unleash a combination of A.Silva-Leao-Piatek instead we got Samu.

Signature
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:52   #1270
forward
AC Milan Icon

So he is reverting to a 4-3-3?

I miss Gattuso already.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:00   #1271
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Going back to 4.3.3 with Suso ?
Fuck that.
Samu & Suso should be sold asap, for whatever price.
GP should bensh + tell them to fuck off so they jump ship if they have dignity.
Hakan , Borini on the bench to be used as a last resort.
Krunic better step up.

As i said before , AM & SS are a must.
If only a SS was bought then to try Paq , Bennacer or Jack as AM.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:05   #1272
Panache
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyon9s View Post
Marco Giampaolo (Milan)
“Aside from the result, because losing is never good, clearly the game didn’t give me many positive indications,” Giampaolo told Sky Sport Italia.

“You can usually read what the team does well or less well. I go beyond the result and will try to analyse deeper on how the match progressed, our interpretation of certain tactics and different characteristics.

“There are many things here that I need to reflect on. Possession needs to develop into attacking moves more, but it probably wasn’t our fault as such, but rather because Udinese have certain characteristics when defending that make it difficult to play against.

“I reflect on the game, on the ability of the three upfront to develop what I want to see, or if perhaps I am trying to get them to do something that just isn’t in their nature.

“My vision of Milan is very different. It’s not just Suso and Castillejo, but Piatek too. He has the movements of a centre-forward.

“Suso is an extraordinary player, but he probably has different characteristics and we need to get them to play in their natural roles. We’ll have to work on it and certainly in a different way, probably 4-3-3.

“It’s not their fault, they have tried really hard, but I mustn’t try to transform their very nature. That is not my job. I have to make the most of these players and their qualities.

“Until today, we didn’t see that so clearly. I thought at the start that it was just Suso becoming a trequartista, but we have to look beyond that, take some principles and try to completely reorganise everything upfront.

“Even if we had won the game, that would be the case. We are sterile, I don’t like the movements in attack, this team is not suited to this football.”

So in conclusion... we're switching back to 4-3-3 because he just realized the team isn't built for a 4-3-1-2....

We're switching back to 4-3-3 but we only have a week or so to go in the transfer market and we don't have a left winger yet...

We're switching back to 4-3-3 with a coach who has never played with that formation...

We're abandoning 'the professor's' system after the first league game of the season...

Sounds like we have a clear plan guys... looking forward to to a wonderful season ahead...
Panache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:14   #1273
Dokoa
World Cup Winner

Is GP going to be the biggest scam ever?

Signature
Originally Posted by LocalHero80
With Valverde Barca actually learned to defend. That's scary for other clubs
Dokoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:14   #1274
mleite
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

What a horrible loss ...

The captain’s words -

https://sempremilan.com/romagnoli-th...ust-be-patient

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:19   #1275
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Aquilani.Current AC - Caldara, Jack, Romagnoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
All this for one game? Relax, sit back and watch this team get better for each match day.
But it just feels like last season. Dropping essential points that are required to get a top 4 finish. Performance was awful, but I had no real hopes for this season. 90 million spent on players that don't really excite me.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:23   #1276
mleite
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

As for the coach I’m glad he’s not stubborn & has more than one system. I always think its better to find system that suits your players, rather than try & change players to fit a particular system.

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:34   #1277
campsfield68
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleite View Post
As for the coach I’m glad he’s not stubborn & has more than one system. I always think its better to find system that suits your players, rather than try & change players to fit a particular system.
changing system is fine but was the coach doing all pre-season
Old 25-08-2019, 21:51   #1278
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

If GP goes back to 4-3-3 because of Suso, I'll rethink about everything positive I ever said about GP.
Alo88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:53   #1279
mumbojumbo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetorture View Post
its not fucking fifa. its the league ffs. how is our coach not trying any other formation preseason? come 1st game and he experiments with hakan as regista too when we just bought one. and magically realizes after the 1st game that we need to change formation? guess what, transfer targets too..comedy.
this interview, though honest, is giving maldoban a headache.

Our coach only knows one formation.

Well we could see very well the game vs cesena was atrocious. Yet, he didn't learn. He started the same players that played against cesena except Biglia.
mumbojumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 21:55   #1280
mumbojumbo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
If GP goes back to 4-3-3 because of Suso, I'll rethink about everything positive I ever said about GP.
Agree. I dont understand his fetish for Suso. We almost sold him earlier. Our coach shut it down after Suso scored in the friendlies and played well supposedly.
Even he played well in the friendlies, i think we could see very well that he only played well for himself not the team. Piatek got no service from him.
mumbojumbo is offline   Reply With Quote